Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite retro game hacks: Dude took apart an old Atari 2600, figured out how the circuit board was setup and cut it up to fit into a little handheld unit. Built in the screen from a portable, handheld television set and wired in a four way button pad in place of the Atari joystick.

The resulting, portable Atari 2600 (plays the original cartridges):
PictureX.jpg

One of my favorite retro game hacks: Dude took apart an old Atari 2600, figured out how the circuit board was setup and cut it up to fit into a little handheld unit. Built in the screen from a portable, handheld television set and wired in a four way button pad in place of the Atari joystick.

The resulting, portable Atari 2600 (plays the original cartridges):
PictureX.jpg

That is just crazy!!

It would be nice if I could find an already built raspberry pi3 with all the retro nes, snes, n64, sega, gamecube, etc games for my son. I've seen the sites that show you how to build one. But for me a plug n play unit would be ideal.

My buddy and i are talking ultimately 3 machines possibly(eventually)...one standard 2 player, one trackball, and one gun games machine. Either that or possibly make the controller platform convertable for different styles of controllers.
Make it 3 players and I'm coming. Lol.

It would be nice if I could find an already built raspberry pi3 with all the retro nes, snes, n64, sega, gamecube, etc games for my son. I've seen the sites that show you how to build one. But for me a plug n play unit would be ideal.

Yes i agree!! My buddy is always talking about those as well. Seems like a lot of work, which is why i am going the route of the modded wii.

Don't think it's likely that they'll be available for sale that loaded. The licensing fees to try and get something like that legal to sell a ready to go unit would (I imagine) be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back