Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, in my teenage years, there were no videos...........I really don't like videos...........I prefer whatever mental pictures a good song activates in my mind.....not some director's vision........though I will admit I have seen a few that were incredibly well done........I guess I'm really old school!
That's pretty much why I focus on live performances when I post songs...

the old cartoons are classic.......I love them, horrible child psychosis forming violence and all, lol! The new ones not so much........guess I'm old school on this, also!
The really good cartoons from back in the day were never meant for children. They played between features at the theaters, along with newsreels and the like. This includes most of the very cartoons I was raised on as a child.

Somehow I turned out ok. I think.

Cartoons are all mind control, the proofs in the pudding and it does disgust ypu. But we have accepted it.

People talk about how they hate peados and while most off us let our kids indulge in sexual content that have been disguised in cartoons,

That’s the truth.....

That's pretty much why I focus on live performances when I post songs...

Live is just about all I listen to.....my feeling is if you can't perform it live you aren't a band. So much crap passed off as music these days is just some dude using a computer to create the sounds, keep the beat, and run the stage show. Mike, I know you are a computer dude, but computers are rapidly causing the death of the written English language and music as we have known it is not far behind. Jeez, now you all know I'm an old fart!!

computers are rapidly causing the death of the written English language and music as we have known it is not far behind
I could not disagree more.

Don't blame the machines when the users are morons.

The really good cartoons from back in the day were never meant for children. They played between features at the theaters, along with newsreels and the like. This includes most of the very cartoons I was raised on as a child.

Somehow I turned out ok. I think.

Me, too! At least it wasn't cartoon watching in my formative years that got me in trouble.......I never equated some cartoon character or cowboy hero hitting someone with a license to do violence.....it was just funny or entertaining. @Auto melt has a point, the crap kids are shown from an early age is enough to warp anyone. I have to be honest, though, it was drugs, sex, and rock and roll that did me in!!

Live is just about all I listen to.....my feeling is if you can't perform it live you aren't a band. So much crap passed off as music these days is just some dude using a computer to create the sounds, keep the beat, and run the stage show. Mike, I know you are a computer dude, but computers are rapidly causing the death of the written English language and music as we have known it is not far behind. Jeez, now you all know I'm an old fart!!

I dunno about ruining it, but definitely turning it into something else. I'm with you, though...I'll take a good band that can rock a stadium full of people over modern day music shows where it's more about the choreography and the backup dancers.

Reality TV has it's drawbacks with modern music as well....

5dcf2aaec70929cc5d3dcf73e624afa7.jpg

:baked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back