Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im just getting caught up on thread. Whats this freezing thing. Do you freeze after its dry to cure or do you freeze after chop while wet?
I am going to be making tincture, so freezing it preserves as much as possible right up to the point of extraction. I don't think you want it completely frozen for the cure. The reactions that make up the curing process would (i think) be significantly slowed if frozen.

When doing extracts you would be doing a quick wet trim of large fan leaves and then going straight into the freeze.

Putting it in the freezer after a dry and cure won't really change much in terms of flavors or smells but it makes the trichs fall off easier if you're looking to use those buds for extracts.
Thanks Samwell I will try in 3 months when I Harvest Cheers dave

I am going to be making tincture, so freezing it preserves as much as possible right up to the point of extraction. I don't think you want it completely frozen for the cure. The reactions that make up the curing process would (i think) be significantly slowed if frozen.
Thanks mike

I haven't looked into this yet, but it may also be helping freeze the chlorophyll (or it's transportation?) from coming out during the extraction.

I have not done much research in extracts so there's definitely a lot for me to learn here and I'm more of a parrot than anything at this point.

:smoking:
IMG_4311.JPG

:gary:

I haven't looked into this yet, but it may also be helping freeze the chlorophyll (or it's transportation?) from coming out during the extraction.

I have not done much research in extracts so there's definitely a lot for me to learn here and I'm more of a parrot than anything at this point.
I've read the same thing. I am not so sure about it though, since chlorophyll is pretty much just as soluble in both alcohol and water.

My next run has landed! Look at the detail on that himboldt box. Very impressive packaging. Just hope she produces buds that is equally attractive. I'm contemplating doing a journal on these if people would be interested?

IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back