Status
Not open for further replies.
Tons of geese but never seen any in my yard before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here in VA Canada geese have just about reached the status of varmints since they decided about 10-15 years ago not to migrate any more and become full time citizens. They get into peoples yards and eat up their ornamental plants and veg gardens. They have become so numerous that it isn't rare for traffic to have to stop to allow a flock of 20-30plus to saunter across the road!

interesting...I wounder if that would attract predators, like foxes to keep away herbivors. Then , again..I have used blood meal on my plumeria, and it attracted a few opossums and raccoons

Indeed it can and does....be careful to not put B+B meal in the soil if top dressing it or you might come to see your plants dug up by coons, coyotes or wolves(depending on area what is going to do the diggin)

Here in VA Canada geese have just about reached the status of varmints since they decided about 10-15 years ago not to migrate any more and become full time citizens. They get into peoples yards and eat up their ornamental plants and veg gardens. They have become so numerous that it isn't rare for traffic to have to stop to allow a flock of 20-30plus to saunter across the road!

The bayou state has the same problem. They stay here 365 days / year and yes they do eat everything. But they prefer to stay near water and I dont have any near me so I have never had to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have had that happen before(lost plants from dog digging)....put the B+B meal in a few weeks before the plants, and let the 'yotes dig, then weeks later put the plants in and there was no problem. Running night missions guerilla grow around here is pretty scary....only you and howling packs of 'yotes! (and rarely wolves and black bear)

Indeed it can and does....be careful to not put B+B meal in the soil if top dressing it or you might come to see your plants dug up by coons, coyotes or wolves(depending on area what is going to do the diggin)

I caught on raccoon actually trying to escape while carrying a 1 gal pot that had blood meal and fish emulsion amended soil...fat bastard couldn't get over the fence with it...it was funny to watch ..but I was not pleased..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back