Status
Not open for further replies.
BigSmo did! He thought they came in his drain, but I've heard of several people that got them from Roots Organic. He had a BAD problem with them.

Got a question for you guys..

Any of you guys having issues with fungus gnats in Roots Organic?? I have everything potted, gave everything it's 2nd watering, 1st with Mega Crop, and when I went to check on things this morning, it's like I gathered every gnat within miles.. The only thing that is consistent is it's Roots Organic.. It's the ONLY base soil I use.. My areas RH stays between 45-50% because of my dehumidifier, I wait until the pots are wicked light before I dry.. The only thing I can think of is I got a bad couple bags of Roots Organic, and now I have to take some serious countermeasures.. So when the hydro store opens in a couple hours, I'm gonna be there waiting for them to unlock the door..

I had this issue before I used this stuff called Microbe Lift BMC when I did hydro, and it worked well, took a couple days but I could literally notice a difference.. Well, that was almost 4yrs ago, and although I've stored the stuff inside, I kinda feel like it doesn't work anymore since I added it at the first watering when I had first seen a couple flying around.. Now, if I tap nearly any of the pots, it looks like cockroaches scattering when the lights come on.. I think it's already starting to affect a couple of my smaller seedlings..

Just when you think you've got your shit together... Murphy is quite the asshole!!!!!

My last grow I had an infestation of fungus gnats I sprayed everything in site with neem oil , watered with mosquito dunks hung up the sticky tapes the old girl thought I was Rambo !! I even bought a holster for my neem oil sprayer and eventually out drew the little bastards :shooty:Neem oil is not that difficult to find as long as you don't go looking for it as a pesticide . It can't be sold that way in Canada . But if you have an Indian store the sells women's makeup ingredients you may find neem oil . :thumbsup:

Thankfully, in some very VERY minor ways, our country's think differently and I can buy this at the store, easily.. If you need some sent, let me know, and I'll have it on its way!!!!!!!

:pass:

I posted these pics in the infirmary, but Iam looking for more eyes upon this weirdness.... I've never seen this. New forming buds look like little brussel sprouts...... and/or very large calyxes. Anyone seen this before?

View attachment 923195 View attachment 923196

Unfortunately, that looks eerily like a massive hermie bud.. I had seen one on a friend's photo Blue Dream he was growing... He bought the clones locally, and they said it was a solid strain.. He followed their instructions to the "T", and it still produced male flowers... I hope that's not the case here!!!!!

So, the wife is not a "zombie" fan, and I'm not exactly drawn to them, but it's been a few years, and we decided to start watching it.. Well the first GIF is the episode we saw last night, and the one after that was from the night before... This show has us riveted, and I've heard from some of the old-school fans that it only gets more dramatic.. That's fine for me, as I've already seen the whole 7th season at work, and my wife knows it, but I don't remember all of the details, so it'll be a good refresher..

Do you realize how hard it was to NOT tell my wife that Glenn was gonna die?!?! That shit killed me for several weeks!!!!!! lol

On your first post; sucks for them, because unfortunately, just because they're on IG doesn't mean they are aware of the amazing display you put on for the AFN/other lurkers out there!!!! you always grow some amazing fruit my man!!!!!

As for the 2nd post; I've been using Roots for the last 3.5-ish years, and only once before did I ever get any of the gnats, but this time, they are BAD!!! When I say bad, I'm saying, motherfuckers are getting through the flooring and gaps from the grow room to the living area of the house.. The wife said yesterday, "Why are there so many fruit flies, we don't have a lot of fruit?!?!" That's what queued me to go down and check on things and low-and-behold; looked like Florida in the summer when you turn the lights on.. Flying bugs everywhere!!! When I killed one and put it under the lens, it was for sure a fungus gnat.. I just have a feeling the last few bags, if not the entire pallet at the store is probably FILLED with ripe or semi-ripe larva.. As soon as I added that water, ****BOOOOOOOOM-suckstobeyou****** They're everywhere.. I may buy some Roots from another store and open it in a different part of the basement where I can throw some water on it and see if anything arises.. If it does?? Guess I'm either ordering it online or finding another base soil.. Didn't really wanna find another base soil, but if all they have around here is tainted bags, then I can't risk it any longer.. I've played enough "defense" in my life to know I need to be more proactive..

Much like Rick from the "Walking Dead", I'll kill, and I'll kill again... It's not a question of "if..", it's a question of "When.."

Would any of you be truly upset with me if I caused the extinction of fungus gnats?? Don't really see a need for them in our ecosystem since we have plenty of shit that feeds the other apex predators.. Kinda like fleas, certain fungus, bacteria and any other parasitic species... Nothing else in my grow room feeds off of these litter bastards, so I could care less if I did something that killed all of them..

Thank you man, I appreciate the kind words,I try my best :toke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back