Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @9bear, stoners,
Did you see Hobbe's notice about the smoke screw test. With your pipe collection 9bear it seems right up your alley.

I had taken down my set up for carpet cleaners coming and a week turned into 3. Now I have 4 of 6 potted, up and running..1 more cracked and in the cup and a 6th still toweled for over a week. A seedsmans freebee, it's the longest I've had to wait for any of their gear. The delivery got here quicker than this seed is taking to germ. I have to give Seedsman credit. This was their 4th trouble free quick delivery to me.

Hey @9bear, stoners,
Did you see Hobbe's notice about the smoke screw test. With your pipe collection 9bear it seems right up your alley.

I had taken down my set up for carpet cleaners coming and a week turned into 3. Now I have 4 of 6 potted, up and running..1 more cracked and in the cup and a 6th still toweled for over a week. A seedsmans freebee, it's the longest I've had to wait for any of their gear. The delivery got here quicker than this seed is taking to germ. I have to give Seedsman credit. This was their 4th trouble free quick delivery to me.
Thanks Feenix . :thumbsup:

20180626_072402.jpg

Light burn, anyone?

Oh... Guess I won't be using PK boosters... I want this girl to finish, NOT THROW OUT FOXTAILS...
20180626_072305.jpg

Man, I hope this girl doesn't wind up like my bbk... Big ass calyxs that almost seem to separate from each other when dried...

Got a question for you guys..

Any of you guys having issues with fungus gnats in Roots Organic?? I have everything potted, gave everything it's 2nd watering, 1st with Mega Crop, and when I went to check on things this morning, it's like I gathered every gnat within miles.. The only thing that is consistent is it's Roots Organic.. It's the ONLY base soil I use.. My areas RH stays between 45-50% because of my dehumidifier, I wait until the pots are wicked light before I dry.. The only thing I can think of is I got a bad couple bags of Roots Organic, and now I have to take some serious countermeasures.. So when the hydro store opens in a couple hours, I'm gonna be there waiting for them to unlock the door..

I had this issue before I used this stuff called Microbe Lift BMC when I did hydro, and it worked well, took a couple days but I could literally notice a difference.. Well, that was almost 4yrs ago, and although I've stored the stuff inside, I kinda feel like it doesn't work anymore since I added it at the first watering when I had first seen a couple flying around.. Now, if I tap nearly any of the pots, it looks like cockroaches scattering when the lights come on.. I think it's already starting to affect a couple of my smaller seedlings..

Just when you think you've got your shit together... Murphy is quite the asshole!!!!!

Any of you guys having issues with fungus gnats in Roots Organic?? I have everything potted, gave everything it's 2nd watering, 1st with Mega Crop, and when I went to check on things this morning, it's like I gathered every gnat within miles.. The only thing that is consistent is it's Roots Organic.. It's the ONLY base soil I use.. My areas RH stays between 45-50% because of my dehumidifier, I wait until the pots are wicked light before I dry.. The only thing I can think of is I got a bad couple bags of Roots Organic, and now I have to take some serious countermeasures.. So when the hydro store opens in a couple hours, I'm gonna be there waiting for them to unlock the door..

I had this issue before I used this stuff called Microbe Lift BMC when I did hydro, and it worked well, took a couple days but I could literally notice a difference.. Well, that was almost 4yrs ago, and although I've stored the stuff inside, I kinda feel like it doesn't work anymore since I added it at the first watering when I had first seen a couple flying around.. Now, if I tap nearly any of the pots, it looks like cockroaches scattering when the lights come on.. I think it's already starting to affect a couple of my smaller seedlings..

Just when you think you've got your shit together... Murphy is quite the asshole!!!!!

I always have fungus gnats with Roots Organics original...If I use it, which is for my house plants if I only have enough soil composted for my weed, I know in my head to always prep it in advance...Always a few handfuls of mosquito bits, some neem cake and if need be as the plants grow I'll put down a layer of perlite on the soil surface just in case.Doesn't matter if I let it go bone dry,soon as you water,they start appearing around the house.

Hate Fungus Gnats bro they are one of the only constant pests we seem to get around here all fecking year long. A couple of blasts of neem oil when they are in veg on the plant and the topsoil and Diatomaceous Earth premixed into the soil at 1g per L, and once again top dressed into the soil at about Week 3 once they are established has been the key to for me to keep them off my canna girls. Had the door to the tent and window open this run due to overly high RH, noticed about one a day flying about while feeding and a couple stuck to the trichs while trimming, but even with 12 airpot Fungus Gnat hotels with all those holes they did not seem to be able to colonize the soil and get any eggs to hatch.

Best of luck killing off the little feckers bro, thats the only plus about them is they are one of the easier buggers to get under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back