Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting closer
IMG_20180623_040529.jpg
IMG_20180623_040401.jpg
IMG_20180623_040238.jpg
IMG_20180623_040047.jpg

Not much clear at all. Few more days to a week I spose'

CC, I appreciate the difference but I can't get beyond the fact that I can't stand the droning reciting of poetry that I would been flunked for in the 4th grade and that most it is done in exactly the same cadence and expression. Not to mention all the pseudo gansta crap about hos and popping caps with my nine and shit like that.......when I think of all the great black musicians and singers over the years, it just makes me sick! Sorry for the rant! Peace.

As I said before ....I can understand. You see..im an old radio dj that when Awol,mastering the art of turntables and digging up classic funk/reggae/jazz/rock/Blue Grass/Vinyl Sounds/obscure sounding vinyl rarities & classical compositions. In this day in age Im the guy at work that tells the young bucks that if it aint made with a physical instrument it aint music and they aren't musicians . (I think they hate me for saying it) However in my HayDaze I used to boycott everything exCEPT HH (what would now be called "90s Golden Age HH). For me it was either HH or Bust. Of course that was many years ago in my early college days when I wasn't a father & a husband. It was a college radio station that i was resident at for 4 years to be exact , i pulled in secret freestyle and beat sessions on the late night downlo. Backpacks lined with brews/liq/herb/homemade minidisc recording and pirated music along with hefty ol dusty vinyl gems. In fact ...my vinyl STILL weighs a ton ...HEEHEE Against any & all rules of the station and campus to be quite honest. It is a story i will save for a thread or late night spliff chat,but I whole heartedly can agree with you on all yolour points now that HH is NOW DEAD in my own opinion. Even the tracks I posted, I mean I love em but its not my go to stuff anymore unless I am in the mood and today I was. So don't mind me,just an 80s baby fully indulging in this lil thing we call Old School HipHop. This music 90s HH celebrated an age of carelessness and free spirited expression,something that has either been overdone or completely taken out of context. In fact this music really isn't music at all,it was also a celebration of sampled loops and obscure arrangements. A lost art for sure but you don't have to take my word for it......

[URL=http://www.sherv.net/][/URL]
disc-jockey-smiley-emoticon.gif
music-playing-smiley-emoticon.gif
booming-speaker-smiley-emoticon.gif

Peace & Blessings- Jam On @hesgone13

Last edited:
You ever spend about a half hour typing something incredibly radical, then 3/4 of the way in forget what you wanted to say in the first place? That is why this comment is as short as it is.

Maybe it's best if I just toke and smile..... :smokeout:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back