Status
Not open for further replies.
Bud rot my arse, still got a decent harvest, won't be the first time I've ingested fungus :stir:

20180618_233256.jpg

howdy peeps :pass:
brake flush my arse,pardon my french.
:pighug:
Brake fluid is hygroscopic - it absorbs water. Over time this will reach a point where the water builds to the point where it will begin to oxidize the metal in the brake system; this leads to expensive repairs or possibly sudden failure. It is cheaper to change the fluid.

howdy peeps :pass:
brake flush my arse,pardon my french.
:pighug:
I've not worked as a mechanic for about 30 years. The only excuse I can come up with for a hydraulic system flush is water contamination or other fouling. Not something I'd expect in a sealed system with healthy components. Could be there is some form of chemical breakdown over time with whatever they are using for the fluid. No idea.

Brake fluid is hygroscopic - it absorbs water. Over time this will reach a point where the water builds to the point where it will begin to oxidize the metal in the brake system; this leads to expensive repairs or possibly sudden failure. It is cheaper to change the fluid.
That is true if you are using what in the US is called DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid.......Newer vehicles use DOT 5 fluid which is silicone based and non-hydroscopic. I know this from my motorcycle days as we used DOT 5 because it also has a higher boiling point.....important under the high brake temps generated in racing.

I've not worked as a mechanic for about 30 years. The only excuse I can come up with for a hydraulic system flush is water contamination or other fouling. Not something I'd expect in a sealed system with healthy components. Could be there is some form of chemical breakdown over time with whatever they are using for the fluid. No idea.
Hi Mike!!

Good afternoon stoners
Worst internet , television , telephone provider in the world must be Rogers . They spend more down time than any other companie I know other than the government How do they expect customers to pay for shit service . Right they don't give a shit . There are other services available but the more it changes the more it remains the same so like it or lump it rant for the day. Well not just yet I have two seed orders coming by mail other group of losers . How do you lose mail ?? But Canada post does !! Canadian customs is other one they can hold mail until they're good and ready to release it . They say their overworked , understaffed yet they just spent millions of Canadian taxpayers money building new facilities without any improvement at all . And people say I'm a cynical old shit . :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back