Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mike20132 Did you know about the big annual Lock'n music festival just south of me in Nelson County? It's the 3rd week of August, I think.
Didn't even know that festival existed.. lived in VA near all my life, too. Sounds pretty cool, too. About a 5 hour drive, but doable. I'll have to see if I can get some time off from work. Been eons since I've been to anything like that. Thanks!

@9bear also, when I have a really shit day, I think about what it must have been like for this guy to go to work on a cloudy morning...

"Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 – September 28, 1983) was a United States park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained a nickname "Human Lightning Conductor" and "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being."

Didn't even know that festival existed.. lived in VA near all my life, too. Sounds pretty cool, too. About a 5 hour drive, but doable. I'll have to see if I can get some time off from work. Been eons since I've been to anything like that. Thanks!
Yeah, been going on for awhile.....my late son and his friends used to go.........Dead & Company with Branford Marsalis, the sax player are headlining......check web site for more info......I wish my health would let me go.

@9bear also, when I have a really shit day, I think about what it must have been like for this guy to go to work on a cloudy morning...

"Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 – September 28, 1983) was a United States park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained a nickname "Human Lightning Conductor" and "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being."

That happened not far from where I live.....that guy is famous or infamous in Virginia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back