Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true if you are using what in the US is called DOT 3 or 4 brake fluid.......Newer vehicles use DOT 5 fluid which is silicone based and non-hydroscopic. I know this from my motorcycle days as we used DOT 5 because it also has a higher boiling point.....important under the high brake temps generated in racing.
That is true but DOT 5 has a spongy pedal feel and is not compatible with anti-lock braking systems. So lots of vehicles still use the others.

More beans today!

20180619_144713.jpg

@9bear also, when I have a really shit day, I think about what it must have been like for this guy to go to work on a cloudy morning...

"Roy Cleveland Sullivan (February 7, 1912 – September 28, 1983) was a United States park ranger in Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. Between 1942 and 1977, Sullivan was hit by lightning on seven different occasions and survived all of them. For this reason, he gained a nickname "Human Lightning Conductor" and "Human Lightning Rod". Sullivan is recognized by Guinness World Records as the person struck by lightning more recorded times than any other human being."
That guy's got worse luck than my great grandmother.
She had to go up on the roof of their house, Due to high winds from a storm knocking the lightning rod down... I guess as soon as she got it back in place, a bolt of lightning came down and got her. Knocked her off a two story house.
The old bat got up, and ran back in the house until the storm was over. From what I remember my grandfather saying, She was in a daze the whole time, and didn't realize she was deaf from the lightning strike.
No sooner than the storm was over, She ran to the railroad tracks because she was late to something (a funeral I think it was) and started heading to town. Yeahhhh... She survived a lightning strike, and the fall from the roof...but not the train that came up behind her.
True story.
If it weren't for my actual location being revealed, I'd post a link to the obituary and story about her demise the local paper printed.

Doing real good grobros,anticipating upcoming harvest and next harvest with some @Gabe & Sticks & Stones Gear HeeHee! This Bloody Skunk sure is a go getter,loving the production of fat nuggety-How you been brodaH @912GreenSkell @bushmasterar15 -Peace n blessings
Sorry I ran off for a late dinner and then some family time as they wanted to watch a movie. It's been going well here now as things settled down.

That guy's got worse luck than my great grandmother.
She had to go up on the roof of their house, Due to high winds from a storm knocking the lightning rod down... I guess as soon as she got it back in place, a bolt of lightning came down and got her. Knocked her off a two story house.
The old bat got up, and ran back in the house until the storm was over. From what I remember my grandfather saying, She was in a daze the whole time, and didn't realize she was deaf from the lightning strike.
No sooner than the storm was over, She ran to the railroad tracks because she was late to something (a funeral I think it was) and started heading to town. Yeahhhh... She survived a lightning strike, and the fall from the roof...but not the train that came up behind her.
True story.
If it weren't for my actual location being revealed, I'd post a link to the obituary and story about her demise the local paper printed.
Wow! That's pretty awful, man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back