Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sampling today.
77a460b5fec39aa47500d527b3f14cee.jpg

Nice selection, and diggin the blade!!

Help! :point: One of my outdoor Critical Purple got hit with bud rot in last week of flower. Too fat of buds and probably not fertilized enough. I ripped the buds apart and threw out around 10% while the rest looks fine.

Should I bud wash the good buds with h2o2 or is that only for powdery mildew? How many cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 gallons of water? I really don't want to use it if I don't have to because too much is toxic. Was going to wash the good buds with baking soda and lemon juice regardless.

Can I put the good (but still suspect) buds in the same drying rack as another harvest or am I risking bud rot somehow hitting my other harvest?

How paranoid should I be of these buds for vaporizing? Like health and lungs wise? I removed everything that looked bad. It hit more than half a dozen tops all over the plant but I think I discovered it in time. Thought it was a N deficiency or just the leaves drying up toward the end of the grow.

20180618_183310.jpg
20180618_183616.jpg
20180618_210313.jpg

Help! :point: One of my outdoor Critical Purple got hit with bud rot in last week of flower. Too fat of buds and probably not fertilized enough. I ripped the buds apart and threw out around 10% while the rest looks fine.

Should I bud wash the good buds with h2o2 or is that only for powdery mildew? How many cups of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 5 gallons of water? I really don't want to use it if I don't have to because too much is toxic. Was going to wash the good buds with baking soda and lemon juice regardless.

Can I put the good (but still suspect) buds in the same drying rack as another harvest or am I risking bud rot somehow hitting my other harvest?

How paranoid should I be of these buds for vaporizing? Like health and lungs wise? I removed everything that looked bad. It hit more than half a dozen tops all over the plant but I think I discovered it in time. Thought it was a N deficiency or just the leaves drying up toward the end of the grow.

View attachment 920063 View attachment 920064 View attachment 920065

Botrytis suuuuuuuucks!!! When I bud wash, I typically don't have to add the H2O2, but if I do, I add quite a bit.. Not sure how you bud wash, but for me I have 4 vessels in this order: 5gal bucket w/ H2O2 (if I suspect any pathogens), but I use at least a half gallon of typical drug-store H2O2. It's an oxidizer, and has an EXTREMELY short half-life, so it's not really all that toxic since most of the excess oxygen is diffused into the atmosphere (hence the reason it usually comes in a dark-colored container; even basic light can cause the disassociation of oxygen and the bottle would pop constantly from pressure build up). 2nd Bucket is warm water w/ equal amounts of baking soda and lemon juice.. I don't use fresh squeezed, mostly because of pulp, but the concentrate seems to work well. Typically a cup of each into the water, it fizzes, that means it's working properly.. 3rd Bucket is HOT water.. Not too hot where you can't put your hands in it, but hot. 4th is straight cold tap water. I hit each for about 30-45 seconds, allowing the buds to drip the majority of the previous bucket's fluids off so the successive steps aren't contaminated as quick. Then, I let them hang in a relatively clean area with a fan blowing near them for about 12hrs or overnight, then they get the final chop and into bags to dry..

Some people do it different, but I've been doing this method for 3yrs and have yet to have an issue with quality, cleanliness, etc.. Besides, the bud dries a little faster w/ the H2O2, and curing is a little quicker..

Best of luck!!! I've lost whole harvests due to aggressive mold outbreaks.. If in doubt, just toss it.. It's not worth the risk..

Botrytis suuuuuuuucks!!! When I bud wash, I typically don't have to add the H2O2, but if I do, I add quite a bit.. Not sure how you bud wash
OK I'm going to skip H2O2 and do lemon juice and baking soda. I went through everything pretty closely and threw out a generous amount. If any remaining buds develop rot then I'll just throw them out. Caught it early enough luckily but I'm still going to have nightmares about discovering it!

OK I'm going to skip H2O2 and do lemon juice and baking soda. I went through everything pretty closely and threw out a generous amount. If any remaining buds develop rot then I'll just throw them out. Caught it early enough luckily but I'm still going to have nightmares about discovering it!

Personally, if I had ANY signs of mold, I would DEFINITELY do the H2O2 step, just for the peace of mind.. Washing it with the baking soda and lemon juice will help clean off the dust, pollen, fart particles, bug turds, etc..., but won't sterilize the plant material of any mold/bacterial/fungal spores..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back