Status
Not open for further replies.
@4tokin oh yeah,Ive had that or a PH imbalance or three so I know the look of shorter lightly stunted plants. but better pics with the lights out says more. but under the white colors are a lil tougher to read but can be pushed in ways to brighten them up. Granted, I was on 12-12. so since Im running 80+% COBs ill know more on this round or next. but a rounded recipe tends to be the way from what Ive seen. simple feeds do fine but for colors and quality that works well with teas to finish her out through flower and pre flower teas depending in the soil make up. but I was just saying what I thought.doesnt mean I was right.a stab in the dark if you will.but again,I know because I just harvested a plant I didnt do anything with and it was smaller and like those. fat nugs but less than should have been. so I lost out. sooo,I know from having several of those a year.LOL!!

I wasn't commenting on bears pics. It was what you said that caught my attention, I feel like it relates to some of the stumbling blocks I have faced lately.
:pass:

:cheersmate: @TehSnow

What is Lavazza....?

Oh, good italian coffee, I guess it's a euro thingy :biggrin:

EW_Blends_En_International_2014.jpg

Good Morning @Mossy , and all you hung over AFN Stoners I hope everybody survived . Pretty quiet around here a couple of cups of Bailys a few tokes and that was bye bye for me . :biggrin:

Alright,now day 21..Compost tea has been applied..I also adjusted their ties and dropped the cobs down a click on the ratchets, now sitting at 32". I'll update the pics in about 3-4 days so we can see some substantial growth.I can tell they have finally pushed through that seedling mix because a few new leaf tips have that faint discoloration like ooo ahh shit hot feet hot feet..The cover crop decided to join us as well..A few sprouts here and there..Now to go clean the brew equipment thoroughly :face:

View attachment 843604
View attachment 843605
Hey GG do the pots you use have drainage holes . How do you decide when to water . ??

Oh, good italian coffee, I guess it's a euro thingy :biggrin:

View attachment 843609

Ah...right....:coffee:...I get you..I have seen that in the Spanish supermarkets but never tried it...:headbang:..which one would you recommend..I like a strong smooth coffee that tastes as good as it smells...no bitter ones.

One thing I have learned is Never drink coffee in the UK and never drink tea in Spain...:biggrin:

Good Morning @Mossy , and all you hung over AFN Stoners I hope everybody survived . Pretty quiet around here a couple of cups of Bailys a few tokes and that was bye bye for me . :biggrin:

No hangover here @1939bear :coffee:...but I can't see me dragging me bum off the settee all day either...:biggrin::pass:

Ah...right....:coffee:...I get you..I have seen that in the Spanish supermarkets but never tried it...:headbang:..which one would you recommend..I like a strong smooth coffee that tastes as good as it smells...no bitter ones.

One thing I have learned is Never drink coffee in the UK and never drink tea in Spain...:biggrin:

No hangover here @1939bear :coffee:...but I can't see me dragging me bum off the settee all day either...:biggrin::pass:

I really like the Espresso, but the Crema was delicious. Tchibo Vienna blend is also great.

Hey GG do the pots you use have drainage holes . How do you decide when to water . ??

Hey bear, yeah man they're just Tidy Cat litter buckets and I cut a few holes out with a utility blade..about 6 good size square ones underneath, then used a Philips head screwdriver and pushed about 12 into the sides of the bucket along the bottom..3 on each side..Then cut the plastic that got pushed into the bucket flush with the utility blade because things like that drive me nuts lol I'm running a 50/50 coco/peat moss mix with a buffet of amendments,organic matter,mykos,bacteria/fungi etc with plenty of perlite..To this 32 gallon mix I added 7 gallons of perlite..and to be honest, I added handfuls more to the containers as I loaded them with soil to plant in..I usually aim for the 6 day mark when it comes to watering..Even as seedlings..I'll plant the sprouted seed into an already moist seedling mix from the tote,then water around that area with a shot glass worth of water, spray the insides of some Tupperware and turn them upside down like a humidity dome over the seeds..Once the seed pops it's head and gets ready to open the cotyledon, I remove the domes for good..So 6 days from watering, a shot glass again....Another 6 days and now the roots are stretching..2-3 shot glasses but watering a wider area and so on moving on to cups worth...So pretty much,water deep,wait longer..I also added mulch and cover crop for moisture retention within that 6 day stretch..Almost like a wet/moist cycle..I use that 6 day principle and as the plants grow larger and start using larger quantities of water, I lift the pots to feel the weight difference from when I watered after a few days..As the plants grow larger and fill the containers they can demand water more frequently, so the lift test is a good one.

You'll also notice the leaves slightly start to droop towards the middle of the blades to the tips opposed to the paper straight praying position..Good indicator a watering should follow. I also don't water until runoff until the plants are older..Pretty much water a little deeper everytime to train the roots to seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back