Status
Not open for further replies.
So unfortunately, due to my mildly impulsive nature and desire to turn 10 plants around from mild-to-hard deficiencies, I was kinda stabbing at the dark, but stabbing in a general direction.. My approach to the deficiencies was aided by @Waira but due to his thread on deficiencies, I feel I had a good handle on what was wrong, and he gave me the best guidance from the thread, in addition to my teachings from @Eyes on Fire .. A super-dose of microbes seemed to really liberate some of the other fast-releasing amendments I had thrown in..

Here's my personal take on Mammoth P:

The stuff is GREAT, but I truly feel like it burns the soil out MUCH faster!!!!! Call me crazy, but the soil that has been working great for me for about 3-ish months with no signs of deficiencies, only lasted about 7 weeks, and then the plants started getting upset..

So my thoughts: If you're using it, MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE UP ON YOUR P-sources!!!! Also, don't forget that other micros and minerals go into the use/assimilation of P, so make sure you are able to supply those even before the first signs of deficiency.. My soil had been SUPER-consistent for about a year, and that was the ONLY change I made to my regimen, and it seems to work great, but if you don't plan ahead, you could be in some trouble!!

Still would give it a 9.5/10..

As for the Recharge, I've seen a lot of folks use it with great success.. My online grow-mentor from the beginning actually praised the stuff a couple years ago, and has been standing by it for some time, so I decided I'd give it a go. That's actually the day I got my sample vile of Mammoth P, so I decided to use the Mammoth first, and only, and had great results in veg and initial flowering.. The Recharge supplies a different stream of microbes and micros plus dried molasses, so it's an "all-in-one" concoction..

The scientist in me wants to do a fully controlled experiment, but I can't start to plan it until I have my grow area completed.. I have to keep reminding myself, one project at a time.. One project at a time.. lol

I can see a change for sure when I used Root 66, I have also bought some Green Planet Root Builder, but that is for soil only and will be used in tree cuttings and veggies. I need to get that free M.P sample. I'll do it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back