Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda laugh (in a shaking my head type way)when I see no-one doing pre-charge in coco, Coz I'm 100% certain they will be on L.S or Infirmary asking what's wrong with plant... It's really such a simple step, if ya can water you can pre-charge...In soil no need for that, coz soil has enough to keep plant going for a little bit..
Hey dudes:toke:.... @Unique I just had a thought....would it make any difference if you re-use some coco?....I try and put some old in with the new....for conservation reasons....would the old coco contain enough to be classed as a pre-charge?.....with a multi-zyme type addative?:pop:

Hey dudes:toke:.... @Unique I just had a thought....would it make any difference if you re-use some coco?....I try and put some old in with the new....for conservation reasons....would the old coco contain enough to be classed as a pre-charge?.....with a multi-zyme type addative?:pop:
oh it's no problem to reuse coco, in fact I reuse it... That's another nice thing about coco, can be reused over & over..

oops I missed end part of what ya said... I doubt that... only because I rinse my coco before use.. I also leach coco that was being used before plants harvested, so I'm certain nothing is left behind..

I use Mycorrhizal in my coco, but basically that's all.. I use other things as well but them part of my nutrient feed like sm90, rapid start, etc..

Thanks [emoji199] I'll just keep chugging along here, maybe over the next few years I can figure out the best way to go about using this medium.
If I understand using coco properly and I"m a newbie with this medium too . Coco does not retain or retains very little of the nutrients applied . The plant takes what it needs and the rest is kinda washed away . The nutrients I bought for coco is applied once a week the rest of the time is straight water with cal/mag only . I will water twice a day 6 days a week 275 ml per application . I will feed once a week 2 in the day @ 275 ml . That may change as I go along depending what the plants tell me . That is if I listen , my hearing and my eye site are not too good anymore . :biggrin:

If I understand using coco properly and I"m a newbie with this medium too . Coco does not retain or retains very little of the nutrients applied . The plant takes what it needs and the rest is kinda washed away . The nutrients I bought for coco is applied once a week the rest of the time is straight water with cal/mag only . I will water twice a day 6 days a week 275 ml per application . I will feed once a week 2 in the day @ 275 ml . That may change as I go along depending what the plants tell me . That is if I listen , my hearing and my eye site are not too good anymore . :biggrin:
Yes that true, coco doesn't retain nutrients.. That's why it does so well, you have option to feed at every watering... That's one of main reasons I use coco, the buffer coco has over hydro is the 2nd reason. Being able reuse coco is huge bonus as well..not to mention coco is so stable!

It was recommended to me not to reuse coco because there will be roots from the previous grow that MAY cause problems with root rot !! Don't take it as gospel as I have no idea but better to be safe than sorry imho. :thumbsup:

_IGP1117.JPG
_IGP1118.JPG
_IGP1119.JPG
_IGP1120.JPG
_IGP1114.JPG

Oh so close.

I am not an expert on coco and this is my first grow in this medium as well I'm simply a messenger from other sources who have a lot more experience growing than I do . :shooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back