Hey guys, is there a general guideline as far as height above canopy for veg and flower? I'm upgrading from t5's so any help as to where to start would be much appreciated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
For a basic guideline 16 inches is what I run mine at. This changes as the plants grow and become more mature. They can handle more light in flower than veg and it's also based on strain. Reading the plants is the most beneficial and could take a couple runs to get used to.

For a basic guideline 16 inches is what I run mine at. This changes as the plants grow and become more mature. They can handle more light in flower than veg and it's also based on strain. Reading the plants is the most beneficial and could take a couple runs to get used to.
Would you recommend starting a little higher at first and bringing them closer as needed?

Would you recommend starting a little higher at first and bringing them closer as needed?

Yes if your one light per plant I would start a little higher. No more than 30" though including seedlings

Wow I'm really digging these lights. Love the different types of plants too. Gotta get a couple in my lab @BigSm0 . Put them next to the chandelier. Might have to dirty them up a bit so they don't look so pretty. Don't want my light to get jealous lol.

Wow I'm really digging these lights. Love the different types of plants too. Gotta get a couple in my lab @BigSm0 . Put them next to the chandelier. Might have to dirty them up a bit so they don't look so pretty. Don't want my light to get jealous lol.
Like your builds and results with cob technology the efficiency and spectrum is the key to success. Pretty lights is nice too. I have 2 set aside for your lab and can't wait to see what you can do with them.

So as promised a test of actual usable light. Plant recovery is dependent on the ability to process changes. I feel that is dependent on the ability of the plant to photosynthesize it's sugars after trauma. Proper spectrum as well as photons apply to this rule. If it's there plant response will take place. Less than 24 hrs after topping this gal snapped right into shape.

full

Was busy staring at your mod and afn sticker I didn't realize you had a plant in your hand.

Something I wanted to mention that I'm sure you already know is the change in light usually shocks the plants a little. It seems like this didn't happen and they are responding well.

Back