Awesome!! I know that i have 2 here right now.

Most of you probably know, when i test, i like to make sure i get everything right for our canna friends. I also am a Hot Chili breeder as well as a canna breeder so i needed to hatch out the parents for the BX of my pepper cross.

These lights are perfect for that task at the moment, and from what i can tell already more than enough to grow canna. The Temps in the tent with 2 of these lights is perfect. I was running a true 250watt cfl, and the temps in there were in the 77-80 range depending on external ambient temps. Now with the AutoCobs in there temps dropped to 70-73 degrees. Outstanding drop in temps is what we all want.

I do run extraction on a speed controller and its set at the lowest setting at the moment. I can up that and the temps would go colder, ambient temps in my area range at 68-70 degrees right now, and actually all summer too, im spoiled.
Thanks! And how about wattage consumption? And what is the ideal area size for one of those?

Sorry, all these questions started popping up in my mind. lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Thanks! And how about wattage consumption? And what is the ideal area size for one of those?

No worries and that is the goal of the thread, i wanted it interactive. Not many people do it this way and sure it would be easier to provide all the information but i enjoy the interaction.

They are 55 actual watts, and they have on-board drivers w/ passive heat sinks. What does that mean? They are SILENT

the best area for 2 of them would be 2x2x3, one will cover 16x16.

Last edited:
Awesome!! I know that i have 2 here right now.

Most of you probably know, when i test, i like to make sure i get everything right for our canna friends.

That's why your the man holding the torch. I'm thrilled to see temps drop so much in your tent. Less wattage but definitely more photons. Efficiency:d5:

That's why your the man holding the torch. I'm thrilled to see temps drop so much in your tent. Less wattage but definitely more photons. Efficiency:d5:

Well @BigSm0, @witchyhour is looking for specs on these, and it seems a deeper dive into what makes them so efficient is what is needed at the moment.

Now i know that there are some equivalents compared to LED actual watts, can you give us a little more detail?

Well @BigSm0, @witchyhour is looking for specs on these, and it seems a deeper dive into what makes them so efficient is what is needed at the moment.

Now i know that there are some equivalents compared to LED actual watts, can you give us a little more detail?

For sure. I didn't want to bombard the thread but I guess it is inevitable. The wall wattage may be a little less than impressive at first sight. The fact is these are very efficient compared to hps and most production led panels. They are equal to 2 - 2.5 the actual wattage in comparison.

Efficiency affects us directly with growing. We want light! But not all wattage is equal to light. With citizen cob technology and proper powering these beauties are pumping a lot more light per watt than most lights available.

This is part of the reason why Full duplex is seeing lower temps in his tents. Also the reason fans are not needed for cooling.

No worries and that is the goal of the thread, i wanted it interactive. Not many people do it this way and sure it would be easier to provide all the information but i enjoy the interaction.

They are 55 actual watts, and they have on-board drivers w/ passive heat sinks. What does that mean? They are SILENT

the best area for 2 of them would be 2x2x3, one will cover 16x16 maximum and 12x12 ideal.
Very nice! And you said there's a drastic drop in temps, which is great. I wonder if, in comparison with what I have now, the change would be that noticeable.

For sure. I didn't want to bombard the thread but I guess it is inevitable. The wall wattage may be a little less than impressive at first sight. The fact is these are very efficient compared to hps and most production led panels. They are equal to 2 - 2.5 the actual wattage in comparison.

Efficiency affects us directly with growing. We want light! But not all wattage is equal to light. With citizen cob technology and proper powering these beauties are pumping a lot more light per watt than most lights available.

This is part of the reason why Full duplex is seeing lower temps in his tents. Also the reason fans are not needed for cooling.

Thank you sir for the info, and its not a bombardment at all. Sometimes its easier to get it out rather than sift through 5 pages to find 1 and 2 line answers.

Yeah! [emoji106] [emoji2]

Very nice! And you said there's a drastic drop in temps, which is great. I wonder if, in comparison with what I have now, the change would be that noticeable.

What are you running and in what space?

Funny, @BigSm0 saved my first grow by suggesting that I got better lights and got me hooked. Now he may be turning me onto something completely different, as Monty would say! [emoji121] [emoji16] [emoji28] [emoji23]

Ok, does anyone know much energy a Mars300's pulls from the wall?

And this is what I have going...

2 x 4 tent

ca6be8dc01792b357784d2547fd71633.jpg
c6a07b049ebdd29933d8dccf43b8cf91.jpg

1 1/2 x 3 ish

a7322feb601e316d729c053c3a69910b.jpg

2 x 4

e9f78f95555ef00abd55d6ed0ec2e56d.jpg

2 x 4

fb7dbc887232bd3d75363b6186dbcdad.jpg

2 x 4

8fe77b29497ca7715501e648b418fe24.jpg