Now, can your lights make it so they don't cook in the summer? And how many would I be looking at?

My main concern is here...

5555ab74bb6cd17065119d1f4b174984.jpg

My 4 x 4 12/12 tent I can't open now, but I have about 40 to 50 minutes to get it open once the lights kick in every day or tems rise to the upper 90's. [emoji53]

This is from earlier, but doesn't show the lights.

3b0b488d663aa7b1c5ef8a82b4bf0507.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The goal for these weren't necessarily to fill an entire 10x10 grow room while I have come close. They are designed to give people the slow option of easing into better technology primarily.

The other benefits are smaller spaces or adding additional lighting to an existing space. One of my favorite uses is adding these into hps rooms with a higher 6500k version cob which is known to increase resin and terpines in flowering plants.

Cobs and technology for that matter is never inexpensive. While most multi cob lights sold today are out of financial reach for people in the efficiency market these allow people to do it as slow or as fast as they want to.

138 witchy :thumbsup:

Now, can your lights make it so they don't cook in the summer? And how many would I be looking at?

My main concern is here...

5555ab74bb6cd17065119d1f4b174984.jpg

My 4 x 4 12/12 tent I can't open now, but I have about 40 to 50 minutes to get it open once the lights kick in every day or tems rise to the upper 90's. [emoji53]

This is from earlier, but doesn't show the lights.

3b0b488d663aa7b1c5ef8a82b4bf0507.jpg

For similiar result to what you are seeing now 1 would replace most claimed 300w fixtures. Ideal situations would be 12x12 or 16x16 coverage per light

The goal for these weren't necessarily to fill an entire 10x10 grow room while I have come close. They are designed to give people the slow option of easing into better technology primarily.

The other benefits are smaller spaces or adding additional lighting to an existing space. One of my favorite uses is adding these into hps rooms with a higher 6500k version cob which is known to increase resin and terpines in flowering plants.

Cobs and technology for that matter is never inexpensive. While most multi cob lights sold today are out of financial reach for people in the efficiency market these allow people to do it as slow or as fast as they want to.

138 witchy [emoji106]
So, it sounds to me like something I could slowly replace my warmer lights with, and although there is the cost of new lights to be taken into consideration, the advantages of better temps and also the drop in consumption of electricity, offset that cost on the long run...

For similiar result to what you are seeing now 1 would replace most claimed 300w fixtures. Ideal situations would be 12x12 or 16x16 coverage per light
Ok, so that tent has 2 Mars300's and 2 Mars600's, plus one or two side lights, and it's a 4 x 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ideal setup with your lights would be 6 for the tent? Is that right?

And how about side or bottom lights? Could those be used that way as well?

Ok, so that tent has 2 Mars300's and 2 Mars600's, plus one or two side lights, and it's a 4 x 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ideal setup with your lights would be 6 for the tent? Is that right?

Well for optimum performance in a 4x4 you need one unit per square foot. 4x4 tent is 16 square. So 16 of these. 880 watts at the wall. If you want to maximize their foot print you could get away with 9 probably, maybe 12...
I'm not super huge on COB and the numbers behind it so I could be wrong but that's the numbers im getting

Well for optimum performance in a 4x4 you need one unit per square foot. 4x4 tent is 16 square. So 16 of these. 880 watts at the wall. If you want to maximize their foot print you could get away with 9 probably, maybe 12...
I'm not super huge on COB and the numbers behind it so I could be wrong but that's the numbers im getting
Thank you! It's not really stuff I often think about and I'm too stoned and dizzy to make too much sense... [emoji16] [emoji106]

So, I guess the next question is: "Is what I have in the tent enough to begin with?" I love Mars and they're VERY price accessible! But they're hot. I think they're hotter than my other lights.

For similiar results yes this would do it witchy. For a 4x4 9 of these would do extremely well. Some situations could call for more and some situations much less. I am running 9 in a 5x5 now and doing amazing. I'm also germinating seeds under 3 of them.

The main benefits besides efficiency is the spectrum and the cobs intensity. Both of these two things will increase yields and give you a much better quality plant.

That's the math behind it but with multiple lights going in to one space there is a fair amount of overlap. 9 would be plenty. These 16x16 spacing and 12x12 spacing numbers are really for maximum light saturation. In full duplex situation he has increased the light in his tent significantly while lowering wattage.

Back