[Perhaps, other questions for which we don't know the answers yet]:

Since we can tailor the light intensity for each plant with AutoCOBs, is it better (for potency and yield) to push the plants at high light intensity and back off when they start to protest, or just go with a set intensity level for all the plants at the same stage?

Curling of leaves (canoeing?) and browning of leaf serrated edges: Are these the signs of excess light to be looking for? Are there others?

Does too much light result in much the same symptoms as too low humidity? If you have low humidity (e.g., mine is always about 25%), how can you tell which stress is causing problems?

Hey Bill, I don't have all the AutoCob answers yet as I am learning what my plants like too. You want your lights at a distance where the leaves on the plant are as I like to say basking in the "Light of Cob". If they are drooping or the edges are getting nicked back off the light and inch it down. You will see when the plant loves it which is the beauty of the AutoCob. And, get that humidity up. Say 40 to 60 percent and your plants will love it. Big bud, potent with a good yield requires all growing factors to stay within limits or stress occurs and you don't maximize your potential. I am getting there....
:oops1:

Thanks for the help guys.

I have experienced the extremes on both levels, to much light and not enough light. To much causes major deficiencies, low quality and even fluffy buds. Under powered usually leaves great health but smaller fluffier buds as well. Finding the middle is tough. Regular leds usually leave the plants wanting more, at least with the cobs you only have to worry about to much light. I'm staying between 16&20" away throughout the whole flower cycle and doing well. When I let it go less than 16" I started seeing issues.

Humidity is a simple fix even without a humidifier, I have seen numerous people leave a bucket full of water in their space which has helped quite a lot. Personally I deal with way to much humidity so I haven't tried it.

f67a464a2a62e707f4f65abf024a61b4.jpg

What is the best way to clean AutoCOBs, particularly the COB chip?

I see some brown spots, must be from stray feed spashes somehow, on several of my AutoCOBs' COBs. How sensitive are these COB chips to touch and cleaning? Is lightly wiping with a damp paper towel OK (obviously, when cool)?

Back