Yeah I guess I'm just wondering if they'll have an issue with the higher voltage from the mains in the UK which is 230v against US 120v won't this mean a different driver is needed?

Sorry I didn't do physics at school, and learning slowly. So $89 postage and how much for 4? I'm running a 4x4, just looking through your thread it looks more than sufficient.:thumbsup:
I run 4 AutoCobs in a 3 x 4 and they rock.:headbang:
I love the fact that I can raise or lower each one as I please or my ladies please.:dancer:

Hey @BigSm0 just a question those almost finished cobs . What fv do they run at.
How many would an hlg320c1050 be able to power?

"carpe diem"

Hey @BigSm0 just a question those almost finished cobs . What fv do they run at.
How many would an hlg320c1050 be able to power?

"carpe diem"
You could run 6 for 330 watts. I'd swap the bjb holders for ideal though since they are a higher voltage holder. It may be better running 2 hlg-120-1050 though. 2 drivers are definitely better than one

IMG_20170317_021252.jpg

I have use of a Hydrofarm Quantum PAR meter and welcome any guidelines for what lights should be adjusted to at different stages of plant growth.

1) What level PAR/PPFD is optimal for seedlings, veg, bloom (I've seen 1000), etc.?
2) Height-wise: Should PAR be measured at the top buds, ground level, mid-plant?

I haven't had time to play with the meter and AutoCOB heights and overlaps. But I did check the brightest lit spot in my 2.5 x 5 ft. tent. With an AutoCOB and Amare 150CR hitting there it read about 1060. The lowest reading, at the other end with new seedlings and just an AutoCOB (and good amount of spill-over), was about 500. The plant getting the most light (a Supernatural OG/Mephisto in late bloom) has no problem getting 1060. 2 plants just transitioning to bloom happened to be at about 650-700. I didn't see much need to change this arrangement (until I get a better idea of what to shoot for).

I have use of a Hydrofarm Quantum PAR meter and welcome any guidelines for what lights should be adjusted to at different stages of plant growth.

1) What level PAR/PPFD is optimal for seedlings, veg, bloom (I've seen 1000), etc.?
2) Height-wise: Should PAR be measured at the top buds, ground level, mid-plant?

I haven't had time to play with the meter and AutoCOB heights and overlaps. But I did check the brightest lit spot in my 2.5 x 5 ft. tent. With an AutoCOB and Amare 150CR hitting there it read about 1060. The lowest reading, at the other end with new seedlings and just an AutoCOB (and good amount of spill-over), was about 500. The plant getting the most light (a Supernatural OG/Mephisto in late bloom) has no problem getting 1060. 2 plants just transitioning to bloom happened to be at about 650-700. I didn't see much need to change this arrangement (until I get a better idea of what to shoot for).

I wish I had the answers to all these questions but I still feel all of us have so much to learn. Especially with autoflowers. I have grown at a bunch of different ppfd numbers ranging from 200-1300umoles with co2. My best grows are definitely between 400-600umoles, 800 and above I am forced to pour in calmag and still see light stress which at times can be very harmful to the crop.

Something to read up on is different meters and how the specific color leds affect the readings. Colors like red and blue register higher numbers on cheaper meters like the hydrofarm. I don't know enough about it to make full sense of it but it has been stated numerous times on other forums. Some more expensive meters show a spectrum chart and how accurate they are each nm.

As you may know I try to train my plants as much as possible, this allows for an even canopy and the most tops, therefor I take my readings from the top. The inverse square law jazz, is another reason for the training. Down low even in direct light the numbers are very low even with high penetration cobs.

What PAR is appropriate for seedlings and very young plants? Or what is the upper limit?
I stay around 200 on seedlings and 300-400 until they hit their preflowers stage on my hydrofarm. This is with the mephisto I run continuously, with dinafem they seemed to like less light.

This is part of that learning curve we all face using these lights. Now that we have lights this powerful, we are finding different strains tolerate different light levels. We need to learn from our plants at this point. Most of us don't have meters and IMO don't need them, they are for light building pros and hobbyists. We know we have powerful lights and the simplest method of controlling them is to raise or lower them, or use a dimmer if we have it. Using a light that produces 1000ppfd in a 4'x4' and have seedlings, young plants? raise the light to 36"!

I stay around 200 on seedlings and 300-400 until they hit their preflowers stage on my hydrofarm. This is with the mephisto I run continuously, with dinafem they seemed to like less light.

Back