We gotta get you guys badges. @budelee my cob lover friend. Whaddu say hombre?
Whats up guys!! Yes a badge should be available( or made) for you guys..lemme see what can be done( since i dont make em)...Thanks for the tag...

The data IS on other forum, posted as spreadsheets for anyone to read. The results of any "calculator" are based on manufacter's data that varies, sometimes substantially, from real world data. It pays to go looking. The Citi 1212 curent gen ( there is no current gen 3070, its end cycle) is more efficient and cheaper, and also has an edge on ppf. The 3590 is still a good chip, and the price has dropped a bit so its a toss up between it and the citi 1818, which is only a few dollars cheaper.

Yea, I've heard this too. From people who want to believe what other member on other forum says. So until someone don't upload real data, this PCT calculator is holy grail and only truth.
It's same story with Citizen, people who have them says that are more efficient than Citizen test shows. But again, no measurable data on this, so take it as it is.
Bottom line, all these COBs are good, difference at efficiency from 0.5A to 2A is minimal between each other. They all grow great plants.

Robin posted some sphere data on that "other" forum...lol! They have their own sphere now!!!

I thought they had the spherical test data out already? Could be wrong but I believe growmau5 just did an interview with robyn from northern grow lights and he had some testing done with sphere. I believe it was citizen/cree and the quantum board. I could be wrong it was a very long interview. I could also be missing the whole point of the conversation lol.

Big Sm0 is the man with the proof, he's been at the cob game longer than anyone here that I know of!
Thanks Pop. I've used them enough to know the investment is worth it and most of what you read about them is true. I still have only heard of one person not be impressed and that wasn't a full test either.

It hasn't always been easy though. I still remember the message I sent you in panic when I ran something like 4.8 amps through those Cree 1212's :rofl::rofl: no clue why they caught fire.

Thanks Pop. I've used them enough to know the investment is worth it and most of what you read about them is true. I still have only heard of one person not be impressed and that wasn't a full test either.

It hasn't always been easy though. I still remember the message I sent you in panic when I ran something like 4.8 amps through those Cree 1212's :rofl::rofl: no clue why they caught fire.

Fire! Hows i miss that. :fire:

BigSm0 does his homework and takes chances the rest of us usually dont. He has my utmost respect!

Whats up guys!! Yes a badge should be available( or made) for you guys..lemme see what can be done( since i dont make em)...Thanks for the tag...
Thanks bud. Hope you can manage some time to hang out with the cob nuts. Speaking of... the grand unveiling is coming soon?

Fire! Hows i miss that. :fire:

BigSm0 does his homework and takes chances the rest of us usually dont. He has my utmost respect!
Thank dudeski. My first light were rather risky and yes very expensive. Cobs have dropped in price quite a bit in the past year or so.

As for the 1212's... they didn't make it. I learned from it and that's why I made the thread on wiring in series vs paralell in the DIY section. It's best to learn from others mistakes.

Hey
Thanks bud. Hope you can manage some time to hang out with the cob nuts. Speaking of... the grand unveiling is coming soon?
now that Feb is ending,i hope so,,lots of family stuff in such a short month..I may have the build done tonight but i still have to add the supports for the lamp to hang from the upper floor joists..my space is kinda a dungeon hermit recluse style area which was more for storage than living space,which is why the windows were placed at opposite corner(for the utility room equipment) and the need for the open style grow...I'll get on it(the build) in just a few..so your saying this is a chat room for COB guys?? i'll put it on my watch list and visit often..Thank You for the invite and most of all for all the help you offered to make my build possible !!!

Back