No I haven't heard or seen anyone do this yet. I'd like to try it though. Just my recent experiments with low wattage on autos has proven a lot. That's been a huge savings already as far as heat and energy consumption goes never mind plant health. My previous low wattage runs were all successful as well. Imagine pulling the same weight from 16on or even 14 on. Couple hours a day adds up at the end of the month.

So are you turning the dimmer way down? Like less than half?

So are you turning the dimmer way down? Like less than half?
No im just using less autocobs. If I were to give advice it would be make sure you can get dimmers if you plan on buying a bigger light. Do a test at full power and another at 1/2 power and I'd bet any money the 1/2 power did better. Just had a conversation with a good friend here on how most lights we see are geared towards max ppfd numbers which is ideal for photo period plants. I'm constantly proving the less is more theory.

My convert light, pushed less hard is letting the plant stretch while my dimmable light is keeping the plant short. 28 to 30 inches above the tops. Running at 60 percent or so.

Well guys I wish I could stick up one of those signs that said pardon out appearance while under construction.

:welcome: Cobshop.net is up and running. Things are really taking off and I appreciate all the feedback. The autocob and the new "partially built" units have been such an amazing success so far. My hopes to expand into individual parts looks like it may be coming sooner than later. Lots of changes and updates coming. Any questions please feel free to shoot me a pm anytime.

36v x .6amps= 21.6 w per cob. Probably drawing close to 50 with drivers and fans.

I was thinking that I used 72v cobs. Geeze im not even stoned and cant remember! I was trying to see how much to dial down the meanwell to be about the same output

Lemme throw this out there... is there any thoughts that if the cob is giving autos too much light,to just feed/water them more?? We all assume autos should be fed at half strength of photo plants,but could this be causing issues of plants not being able to keep up with the amout of light!????

Last edited:
Back