@BigSm0 Thanks bud! These babies rock! :headbang:

20170302_134436[1].jpg

2 days to my door! Awesomeness! :vibe:

@budelee i feed as much extras as they will take. Im getting sweaty leafs this time, first ive noticed. I think the biggest thing is the keep the plants short if we dont watch what the plant tells us. I raise mine, they get height. I love em

@budelee i feed as much extras as they will take. Im getting sweaty leafs this time, first ive noticed. I think the biggest thing is the keep the plants short if we dont watch what the plant tells us. I raise mine, they get height. I love em
Whaaaa..sweaty leaves??? Ya feeding em meth?!?!bwahahaha kidding..heres my point I guess..when i was growing in the greenhouse my plants were able to take 1500-1800 ppm without any sign of burn..maybe they just need more to eat with better light,so they stay heathy

Whaaaa..sweaty leaves??? Ya feeding em meth?!?!bwahahaha kidding..heres my point I guess..when i was growing in the greenhouse my plants were able to take 1500-1800 ppm without any sign of burn..maybe they just need more to eat with better light,so they stay heathy

I am glad you have volunteered to feed your fastbuds gals 3000 plus ppm. Make sure they all get it! Lol

I am too much a noob to answer that man, mine have been healthy with the cobs so far.

No im just using less autocobs. If I were to give advice it would be make sure you can get dimmers if you plan on buying a bigger light. Do a test at full power and another at 1/2 power and I'd bet any money the 1/2 power did better. Just had a conversation with a good friend here on how most lights we see are geared towards max ppfd numbers which is ideal for photo period plants. I'm constantly proving the less is more theory.

Totally believe there is something to this theory, really believe too much light can stunt an auto, seen growers use say 1000w hps on a couple of plants, the plants ended up looking like a spindle, really fluffy buds, they blamed the genetics but I think it was more to do with light overdose! must be a point where you go past the optimal sweet spot.

@BigSm0 Thanks bud! These babies rock! :headbang:

View attachment 709879

2 days to my door! Awesomeness! :vibe:
Guess you didn't need that tracking number after all :thumbsup:FAST shipping is something I'm working hard on. It's usually 3 days to the door once ordered.

This is what it's all about! Nothing makes me happier than a new cob owners comments.

This is what it's all about! Nothing makes me happier than a new cob owners comments.

I too am a happy AutoCOBs customer. With the spectra close (enough) to sunlight, you can plainly see the plants are getting a lot of light, including all the good stuff (optimal PAR wavelengths). They even prey to the lights. They are incredibly cheap too vs. other high-quality light options! And so far, miscellaneous plants at all stages are all growing well, with no signs of deficiencies or excesses, including tolerating a lot of light.

I now have 5 AutoCOBs and 2 x Amare 150CR's (Cree LEDs); drawing 275 and 300 watts, respectively (575 watts total); in a 2.5 x 5 ft. tent (12.5 sq. ft.), with average of 46 watts draw/sq. ft.; with the AutoCOBs with the usual white reflectors about a yard/36" and the Amare LEDs about 26" above the canopy (of those in bloom). Temperature, never a problem, is constant 80˚F (+/- 2˚). Can any of the experts estimate how much of the relevant PAR parameters I'm putting out, such as in the presumed target 800-1000 range? Am I at an optimal level of light (with the Amare units on the 1/2 of the tent with the plants in bloom)?

The 275 watts COBs replaced 2 x Calif. Lightworks 440s, each drawing about 330 watts, 660 watts total (so I'm going down 385 watts in draw).. Each 440 alone costs more than for the COBs. I get less heat, noise and electricity bill. And I can sell just one of my 440s, keep one, and recoup the cost of the AutoCOBs.

AutoCOBs or equivalents could become the next standard indoor growers starting or entry lights, besides everything else ,adding and replacing. Otherwise, soon enough there should be sufficient critical mass of users and consensus, at least on AFN, reporting their grows using AutoCOBs that I expect BigSm0 will be totally inundated with orders.

I too am a happy AutoCOBs customer. With the spectra close (enough) to sunlight, you can plainly see the plants are getting a lot of light, including all the good stuff (optimal PAR wavelengths). They even prey to the lights. They are incredibly cheap too vs. other high-quality light options! And so far, miscellaneous plants at all stages are all growing well, with no signs of deficiencies or excesses, including tolerating a lot of light.

I now have 5 AutoCOBs and 2 x Amare 150CR's (Cree LEDs); drawing 275 and 300 watts, respectively (575 watts total); in a 2.5 x 5 ft. tent (12.5 sq. ft.), with average of 46 watts draw/sq. ft.; with the AutoCOBs with the usual white reflectors about a yard/36" and the Amare LEDs about 26" above the canopy (of those in bloom). Temperature, never a problem, is constant 80˚F (+/- 2˚). Can any of the experts estimate how much of the relevant PAR parameters I'm putting out, such as in the presumed target 800-1000 range? Am I at an optimal level of light (with the Amare units on the 1/2 of the tent with the plants in bloom)?

The 275 watts COBs replaced 2 x Calif. Lightworks 440s, each drawing about 330 watts, 660 watts total (so I'm going down 385 watts in draw).. Each 440 alone costs more than for the COBs. I get less heat, noise and electricity bill. And I can sell just one of my 440s, keep one, and recoup the cost of the AutoCOBs.

AutoCOBs or equivalents could become the next standard indoor growers starting or entry lights, besides everything else ,adding and replacing. Otherwise, soon enough there should be sufficient critical mass of users and consensus, at least on AFN, reporting their grows using AutoCOBs that I expect BigSm0 will be totally inundated with orders.
Thank you so much bll. I can hope and work as hard as I can for this result. More and more people learn, more and more are converted. Us cob growers are expanding rapidly as the standard grow lights of the past are falling behind. It really is the first hand reviews from the cob-aholics like you guys make the biggest impact and it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much bll. I can hope and work as hard as I can for this result. More and more people learn, more and more are converted. Us cob growers are expanding rapidly as the standard grow lights of the past are falling behind. It really is the first hand reviews from the cob-aholics like you guys make the biggest impact and it's greatly appreciated.

Can you guess at what light level I'm at with my setup - too much, too little, a good healthy high dose?

Can you guess at what light level I'm at with my setup - too much, too little, a good healthy high dose?
Let's just say I wouldn't want to sell you more unless you get a bigger space. Your on the upper lever for sure but as long as the plants remain healthy that's all that matters.

Back