The data is out. It also prove that Citizen is a contender just as much as Cree but for 1/2 the price per cob. I don't want to get into comparisons and cob debates. As konop said they are all very good cobs. The whole point of my og message was to help inform @Creature the differences between a undetermined cxa or cxb 3070 to the most efficient Cree cob the cxb3590. If the driver and heatsink in the eBay light is of decent quality and the price fits then buy it. If not there are plenty of other options. could even check out cobshop.net I just listed some partially built units ready to slap into a frame that eliminate a lot of the aspects of DIY. Add in a hlg-240-1050 for a 300 dollar 220w masterpiece.
Roger Dodger . Proof is in the pudding so keep those grows going. It is fun to try to compare the statistical data with real life grow results. That wouldn't be a bad thread to have. Like a chart that has the spec data then a column with actual grams per watt grown and under what environmental conditions.Have it for each chip or board out there. Really need to start compiling all the data together.

The data is out. It also prove that Citizen is a contender just as much as Cree but for 1/2 the price per cob. I don't want to get into comparisons and cob debates. As konop said they are all very good cobs. The whole point of my og message was to help inform @Creature the differences between a undetermined cxa or cxb 3070 to the most efficient Cree cob the cxb3590. If the driver and heatsink in the eBay light is of decent quality and the price fits then buy it. If not there are plenty of other options. could even check out cobshop.net I just listed some partially built units ready to slap into a frame that eliminate a lot of the aspects of DIY. Add in a hlg-240-1050 for a 300 dollar 220w masterpiece.

What are those exactly? The set of 4 is about $100 less than the 6 cob china light. I've determined its a johnson grow light clone.
What can ya do a set of 6 for? Kinda like the adjustability of seperate lights.

The more threads I see of how happy people are with cobs, the more I want to switch. lol

What are those exactly? The set of 4 is about $100 less than the 6 cob china light. I've determined its a johnson grow light clone.
What can ya do a set of 6 for? Kinda like the adjustability of seperate lights.

The more threads I see of how happy people are with cobs, the more I want to switch. lol

Thats the best thing about these. Some people think they are for smaller spaces but multiple in a larger space works just as well. The more I search the more I see larger framed light geared towards max ppfd for photo period plants. That basically means there is a good possibility to stress your autos that don't require as much light while giving them nearly double the amount of light hours per day.

You can start with 1/2 the light you think you'll need in veg and slowely add more as they require it. Personally I just plug them in as my plants expand.

With 6 I could definitely set you up with a deal. As far as happy customers I'd agree there is quite a strong following and many repeat customers. Slowandeasy has bought over 30 cobs in total.

Yeah the more I think about it seperate lights just seem like the way to go. Like you said running just whats needed at the time is great but running autos at different stages is easier to adjust light height than plants. Adjustable to different grow areas as well.

Sounds good man. Hit me up with a quote for a six pack of the built ones shipped and you could very well have them sold tonight! :smoking:

Btw, you wouldn't happen to be the ebay seller in R.I. would you?

Good move. Don't put off the Inevitable if you don't have to.
You have placed your trust with one of the "LED Yoda's" here
that have done the research and are willing to share their
knowledge with us. Maybe you can use that hps to light your garage
and keep your car warm in the winter. LOL

Back