Crossing auto strains = fully auto?

For the quickest CS creation use a piece of silver with a large surface to offer more contact with the distilled water. I read somewhere else of people having success using CS on lower budsites, which should only turn those budsites to male, and leave the main cola as a female. That would be my target, although if the whole plant goes balls I would use its pollen with the Sweet Skunk Auto... and have a nice cross to experiment the joy of free seeds :booya:

:peace:

it is not a good idea to use a larger surface area , USE a FINE wire

use lower volts to create smaller colloids

spray what you want on the plant but the FACT is you are in essence trying to penetrate the plant's epidermal layer and deliver the silver
particles to the cellular level to interfere with the ethylene production and ultimately
suppress it , and that would be why even NEW growth comes out MALE , new growth as in was NEVER sprayed

i believe anyone turning only part of a plant with C.S hasnt truely done things right and at best maybe hermied the plant and not reversed it , could be the reason why so many hermie prone fem'd seeds are being sold and giving fems a bad name

i am however interested in your results , both the reversing of only part of the plant and your finished pollination results

peace

Yup I just learned about how lower voltage = smaller particles. Next time I'll do it that way :)

Regarding the reversal of just parts of the plant, I've read about that in several places, and the general rule is that every bud that gets sprayed gets reversed, but unsprayed zones won't. That's the theory that I know, but maybe this is wrong...

The real issue really is that my plant is pretty tiny, so even though I try to just spray the lower canopy it's not impossible that the upper part gets affected too. And if what you say is true (the whole plant gets reversed) then it will get affected for sure...

I'll try to update my experiment as much as I can, so we can learn about it. Remember that I'm using 925 silver (cheap of me!) :hump:

Regards

Sprayed her today a took some pics. There is nothing I can tell about sex changing yet. Lower budsites have darker hairs than the cola, just like before. There are like 3 or 4 "decent" sized flower sites, apart from the main cola, which would become nice male flowers if this CS thing finally works.

My first batch of CS was used up, so I made more using distilled water, two 925 silver coins and a DC adapter set to 9volts. I left it for 24 hours, and after that I used coffee filters to filter the thicker matter. I don't have a ppm meter, but I do have an ec one. The meter reads 0.01 exactly after calibration when I measure the distilled water alone, which is pretty good accuracy IMO. After the process of CS creation, the CS solution has an ec of 0.4. Following the conversion table I have around here that's equivalent to around 200-280ppm. After reading about people and what ppms they achieve with similar setups, I believe this concentration is really high. But the conversion table is only an approximation of the real ppms, so I'm not sure what to think about such ec value... The coins I use are 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper so that could be a reason. Anyways after preparing and bottling the CS I used a red laser pen to point across the liquid. The laser beam was easily visible, which should be due to the silver particles floating in the solution and reflecting the light (this was something to test the CS which I read somewhere...)

Anyways, I spray her thoroughly trying not to hit the central, most tall budsite. The lower parts already have a darker color, and many hairs turn from white to brown and get curled. Today is the 7th day I'm spraying her. She's around 43 days old already:
assorted2_cola.jpg assorted2_lower_flower.jpg assorted2_lower_flower2.jpg assorted2_top.jpg assorted2_full.jpg

I'll bring a magnifying glass next time I check her, so I can inspect those flowers more closely. Not that I'm an expert about what I'll see, but I want to learn what happens down there :toke: and see if it works :D

Thanks for passing by! Best regards

The spraying continues... I still can't see any male parts on her. Lower hairs seem to get all dark but I can't see any bananas forming... I try to avoid spraying the main cola and the top 2 nodes, and although some CS could hit them, the top of the plant is getting packed with more white hairs each day. If I'm not wrong it's been 10 days since I started spraying. Here are some pics:
aa1.jpg aa2.jpg aa3.jpg aa4.jpg aa5.jpg aa6.jpg

I'm yearning for her to show me some nanas! We want nanas! :D

i honestly believe when useing cs you want to spray/soak the entire plant , i dont believe it is to be used in the same way as sts or gerbilic acid or however its spelled

the coins arent very pure but i have heard of people useing silver soldering wire thats about the same % and they claimed it worked

keep trying and hope for the best i guess

looking forward to your updates

peace :cool:

Edit , i just went and read the tutorial i learned from (sorry cant break rules and post the link) and apparently the larger surface area of a coin or even a coin cut in two is not as good as the smaller area of useing rods/wires

maybe use more time if useing coins in the future ???

Hey thank you b0b for your input. I know I'm not being very orthodox using 925 silver and applying the CS to such a small plant. But I want to try this experiment! My only grow space is a little bucket, so I want some yield-producing plants. After placing them I found I had enough space for small 1 liter pots, so I want to maximize the usefulness of such space. All I have for now is some feminized auto seeds, but they are really expensive to keep buying them forever... I wanted to try my luck at producing my own seeds, so this looked like a good idea, or at least a fun experiment! We'll see if this thing works... I hope so!

Thanks all for passing by, regards!

I have taken some more pics of the treated lady. She's still a she, at least as far as I can tell :lol:. Lower buds have dark hairs, upper ones have white hairs.

The main stem suffered a new injury however, as I accidentally broke it again. Again the same spot :cry: I applied emergency measures using duct tape, and after some hours she still looks OK, but we'll see in the future...

Main shot:
assorted#2.jpg

Lower budsites (anyone sees anything suspicious?):
assorted#2_1.jpg assorted#2_2.jpg assorted#2_3.jpg

Main head and upper budsites:
assorted#2_4.jpg assorted#2_5.jpg

This current batch of CS is already running off (I drench her thoroughly) so I will probably be making more, using more time and the 925 coins. I intended to spray her for at least 2 full weeks (that would be 3 more days), but I'm not still seeing sex change so I will spray her for longer.

I'm out!

I made more CS using the 925 silver coins (which were cleaned thoroughly beforehand), distilled water and a DC adapter, set to 7.5V, during 24 hours. Even though there were some large particles floating, most of the particles seemed to be suspended and the liquid got a silverish colour. I used a laser pen, and the beam could clearly be seen when it went through the liquid (which theoretically is a good sign of silver particles in suspension). Anyway, I began spraying with that yesterday. The treated plant looks reasonably healthy (lower canopy is dark and older leaves are dying). The injury in the main stem was pretty bad, but since I used some duct tape to keep it together the main cola looks as healthy as always. Lower budsites still have their brownish hairs, and there MIGHT be some parts which look like bananas (at least to me!). I'm totally NOT sure of this! Tried to get some good pic shots but these are not very clear. There are also several formations which are seed-shaped and sprout a couple of brown hairs (this is something which all my previous autoflowers had), I don't know if that is what is supposed to change into male flowers?
aa#2_1.jpg aa#2_2.jpg aa#2_3.jpg aa#2_4.jpg

On the other hand she's already taller than the space I have available, so the main cola hits the UFO. I wonder if I should apply LST to the main cola, because that might cause the main cola to be in touch with the lower, CS-treated parts. My original intention was to get pollen from the lower flower sites and use it on the main cola, but I think that'd be difficult because of this plant being so small... I would be lucky if I get pollen enough to pollinate another female plant, but I'm not seeing pollen sacks so... do you think I should tie her down and just spray her all over? It might be too late for the main cola to reverse (if this CS works) but I'm not sure.

Anyways, comments are welcome. I will continue applying my concoctions :stir: and time will tell! Thanks for reading!

I ended the CS treatment this weekend. The plant had to be "mutilated" because she was getting too tall for the space available (something that never happened before, even when the plants were in larger pots). I did not want to cut the main stem, so I finally injured her, intentionally this time, and "supercropped" the main cola. It has not died off yet, although it does not look like it's growing or improving either. Anyways, I am almost sure the lower budsites have bananas forming. I used a magnifying loupe and it looks like it, although I'm not 100% sure. I'm afraid of not getting viable pollen though... the plant is not really very healthy looking, and if she finally produces viable pollen I decided I would allow a free pollination inside my growing bucket. I don't care getting seeded buds as long as that gets me a good seed run. We'll see anyways... I think the probability of getting seeds here is below 50%, and the odds of me having to finally thrash the lady away are over 50%...

My fingers are crossed... now time will tell :toke:
aa#2.jpg aa#2_1.jpg aa#2_2.jpg aa#2_3.jpg aa#2_4.jpg

See you!

I had to prune the main cola because it was getting really heavy and tall. It was not going to be consumed so I had no regrets doing it. The lower branches are not really too developed, and are mostly formed of small buds. I was happy to found this:
assorted2.jpg

These look like pollen sacks forming, and actually a bit open. There are several of this formations on some budsites, so I think it's OK to say that the CS worked. At least it produced pollen sacks! Now let's see if these pollen sacks produce viable pollen, which could be a difficult thing. I have decided not to try and collect pollen by hand, but to leave the plant to try "natural" pollination on the other plants that are with it. I would not mind a seeded harvest, in fact I would like it!

Back