Crossing auto strains = fully auto?

Timing is so important, and a target plant.

hey guys, I'm going to cross an auto white widow with an auto snowrider (snow white x auto) so should get all auto white strain as I understand above,, my question, and I know some don't like breeding with female pollen, but bear with me, if I self pollinate the individual strains, will the result be genetic identical lady seeds that will grow to be like their individual mothers? thanks for any help.
I also just ordered short stuffs new 100%sativa x auto strain available exclusively at attitudes seeds currently, will be crossing these with so 100% indica autos I have later on, will post results.

:peace:

First of all, I am really confused about breeding to be confident on one answer. But I think, self pollinating would get a (ALMOST) clone of the target plant. It's not really cloning, because the sex change (to get fem pollen) will probably affect the target plant somehow, but from what I've read I think that would be the result. PLEASE ANYBODY CORRECT ME IF THIS IS WRONG/HERESY lol...

BTW I have to check the target plant I used (Assorted#2). There are a couple of buds unaffected by sex change (upper parts), there are buds which have completely changed sex AND the newest growth (which, curiously, has non-serrated leaf edges) are all male flowers.

I'll soon check the Assorted#2 and the remaining neighbour plants and see if I got any seeds.

thanks, may I ask what you are using to get your mail flowers? I am trying Gibberellic Acid right now, hasn't been long enough to get results..

First of all, I am really confused about breeding to be confident on one answer. But I think, self pollinating would get a (ALMOST) clone of the target plant. It's not really cloning, because the sex change (to get fem pollen) will probably affect the target plant somehow, but from what I've read I think that would be the result. PLEASE ANYBODY CORRECT ME IF THIS IS WRONG/HERESY lol...

wrong its not a clone... here is how it works...When you first cross two different plants if they're diverse enough they're fully heterozygous. Then you take a plant and you try to self it, every generation that you self a plant, it becomes 50% more homozygous. Then you go to 75%, 87.5%, 93.75% etc. More uniform. By the 7th generation you are over 99% homozygous.

Thanks for the clarification cres!

So I guess, if you self a commercial, fem&auto strain (which theoretically should be "stable" or "uniform" somehow) the result should be stable (homozygous) seeds... maybe I'm not seeing this correctly here?

Anyways, I had to dispose of the Assorted#2. Unfortunately I had no time to take pics... The plant was almost completely covered with male pollen sacks, with only the upper buds being female. I chopped it and looked for seeds, but the plant did not produce any selfed seeds. I did not apply pollination by hand, so I have my fingers crossed in case I get some seeds in my other plants. I'm sure the Assorted#2 produced pollen (I could see dropped pollen sacks with pollen in them), but I'm not so sure about the viability of that pollen. I'll know when I harvest and dry the other neighbour plants.

About the technique I used, I made colloidal silver with distilled water, electricity and silver coins, and sprayed the plant with it for a couple or weeks or so. It took almost a month or so to get the male flowers. It definitely changed the sex of the plant wherever it was sprayed, but it's still to be seen if the pollen produced was viable.

Thank you Cres, that's the simple explanation I needed, I have been trying to understand and a lot of stuff is so technical it's hard to grasp until restudied over and over, but your answer is simple and affective, (bow) ty Sielm as well. 1 question, in order to get the future generations, do you chose the best children from your self produced seeds and breed together, or pollinate the best ones with the same pollen you pollinated the original with? Best ones being the ones that are closets to the original mother.

Back