Crossing auto strains = fully auto?

I finally made a second batch of CS, this time using 2 pure silver wires borrowed from a friend ;) I did not measure this solution, but instead I mixed it with the previous batch and made 1 liter of CS. This final mixture has an ec of 0.4 (200-300 ppm) so I guess it should be good. Now we'll see if it works! I have 2 candidates to try it on:

The Assorted#2 is 36 days old. She was in a pot with coco coir for her first 2 weeks or so, but she went sick when I had to be away from home for 5 days. She got really bad, so I decided to transplant her to a soil filled pot. She has recovered and grown more since then. She should be flowering by now and there are young flowers, however it looks like she's going to be weak until the end because of that bad childhood...
aa2.jpg

The Sweet Skunk Auto#1 is 23 days old. She's doing quite fine for now, and also showing her first hairs. She's younger than the Assorted#2, and bigger too. I'm not sure how to procceed...
ssa.jpg

My options would be to use the CS on one plant, allowing the other one to be pollinated OR to use the CS on BOTH plants, allowing for a harvest of both selfed and crossed seeds. Since I'm already growing the next 3 "big" ladies and have enough pot from the last harvest, I would not mind to lose these 2 plants' bud for a nice set of different seeds. What do you think? Would it be worth it? Is it possible that the stunted Assorted#2 produces subpar quality seeds because of being stunted?

I don't really know what to think... :confused:

I'm going to meditate :smokebuds:

Hey there all! I finally decided today to begin spraying the Assorted#2 with the homemade CS solution. She's clearly recovering from past wounds, and there are little young flowers appearing on several nodes. New growth doesn't look very sturdy though, and her stems are a bit thin for her age. Anyway, I sprayed her lower nodes and preflower sites, trying not to reach the main cola. The idea would be to have her top flower grow normally as a female flower and use the pollen created on the lower flowers to make selfed seeds. If this works (and the plant doesn't die) I might use some pollen on the Sweet Skunk Auto, or even spray that plant too and get some varied seeds... not sure which road I'll go, and besides it's not guaranteed to work either... we'll see.

assorted#2_1.jpg assorted#2_2.jpg
assorted#2_3.jpg assorted#2_4.jpg

My intention is to get selfed seeds, being both feminized and auto. We'll see if this works! If I get some seeds I will be growing and testing them for sure!

Regards!

theres something i found with colloidal silver and that is not to use it on fem seed. first cross male pollen with fem to make seed, then regular females are good for cs hermying otherwise lack of pollen for some reason. spose their already femmed and lack the ability to produce male pollen. hope this helps and saves people time.

done a couple runs with fems and hitting them with CS to REVERSE them (not hermie them) , all turned out just fine

if you think your not getting enough pollin then reverse a couple plants insted of just one , but really it dont take much pollin to fully pollinate an entire room

From what I've read there are divergent opinions regarding using or not feminized seeds to create self-pollinated seeds. Theoretically any female should work, because CS makes the plant grow organs which produce feminized pollen, which in turn creates feminized seeds. I've read of people having success applying this method to already-feminized plants and even with feminized autos. The plant I'm applying the CS to is a feminized auto, the Assorted#2, so I wish this works... there are several factors which could cause failure, for example the plant was ill for a couple of weeks which really stunted her growth, and the silver I used to make the CS is not 99% pure but 92.5%... Some joy goes with the experimentantion though :stir: so I'm good with the loss of a plant to the silver treatment. If I get any seeds I will be growing them to understand more of genetics, breeding etc, and I hope they are all feminized autos!

Here are some Assorted#2 pics:
assorted#2_1.jpg assorted#2_2.jpg assorted#2_4.jpg

I accidentally "supercropped" her main cola when manipulating her today :mad: Anyway I wish the CS does not affect the main cola! The stem is not that strong though :eek:

Greets!
:peace:

I am half blind but it looks like in the first pic. there's male pollen sacks right in the center of the pic...

You are right, that thing looks like sacks... I'm not sure though. I won't be able to visit them till later, but checking other pics it looks like that could just be some new growth appearing. It's the same area than the pic you mentioned, but after the accidental supercropping applied on the main stem:
aa2.jpg

I would be really surprised if the CS worked on such a short amount of time! I've spraying for 3 days only...

Thanks for your comments! Regards!
:peace:

i see 2 white hairs coming out of one

Thanks for the updates! If you don't mind I would like to follow you through this journey. From what I heard sometimes female pollen sacks do not open like male pollen sacks you would have to do it manually. I'm really looking forward to the results.

I have an idea. If you don't want the tops sprayed accidentally, why not cover it with plastic during the spray. Just an idea
Either way good luck I'm sure things will turn out fine. People have had success with 99.25 silver

took 2 weeks for for cs to work and it was showed nanas not full on male sacks

Back