Crossing auto strains = fully auto?

Take away the genetic variety that comes with open pollination and cross pollination and limit it to inbred crosses of related plants with close to the same traits for several generations. That is how you can select and breed a 'stable' strain. Lessen the genetic variety right down to your favourite traits.

I guess I wasn't using the correct term... I didn't realize "stable" was a pheno term. I was referring to for example... If I take 20 Purple Jem Autos and grow them... I assume I'll get all 20 autos whether they are males or females... There's still a lot I don't know...

:smokebuds:

No, I think I just meant it in a different manner, Rebel. Wasn't trying to shoot you down, not saying you thought that just making sure. Aaaaaannyway.

I see what you mean now; the Autoflowering trait being stable. Got it. :smokebuds:

So yeah, I think part of that is the fact that the auto trait is present in both parents from the time you get a photo / auto cross... and eventually those recessive traits meet up frequent enough to come out... I mean... evolutionally... we're not above shoprtcuts... phone calls instead of walking or riding a horse for weeks... and so on... it makes sense if a species can jump to faster time to reproduction... why wouldnt it? :toke: IMHO :smokeit:

Nah dude I didn't take it that way... I was using the stable term in the wrong way. I see what you guys mean how Autos aren't stable, because of all the phenotypes. I was thinking if a certain Auto strain autos all the time that made it "stable". But it doesn't. So I guess my question is then... What do you call a strain that is guaranteed 100% auto every time out? No matter what pheno you get... Just the fact that a strain will auto every time. I've grown 7 HBD regs and got 7 females and 5 different phenos with in the group... So what would it then be considered? An Unstable Auto??

I hope you can see what I'm trying to say... I'm a bit ripped and know what I'm trying to say but I don't know if it's coming out right. No disrespect taken and I certainly hope no one is taking me wrong either. I'm trying to put my head around all this. And I don't even know if I'm on the right thought process! :toke:

If a strain produces 100% auto then I would say it has AF stability. As for phenotype instability, that is the commonly meant unstable that people say. Too much genetic variation left in it. Further breeding down the line must be made to narrow it down to distinct traits. I personally don't mind some variation because you can further breed a line for the traits that you want. well thats what i've done. But it always takes time and alot of selection.

As for crossing auto's and say stitch's super autos, I'm not sure if you will get AF stability because I'm still confused as to thier traits. If it can be cloned well it's not an AF but stitch says they can so I'm guessing thier and extremely photosensitive strain. Something like what the Iranian AF was supposed to be. like being kept in veg under 20/4 but flowers on anything less.

There is some really interesting opinions around here, for sure!

After some reading I recently found out about Colloidal Silver. I read that you can make it at home, just by wiring a 9V dc power supply to 2 silver pieces, using them as electrodes into a glass with distilled water and letting it sit for some 24 hours. This liquid should be a colloidal silver dilution, which, if sprayed on female buds, can reverse the sex, creating male flowers which create pollen to produce feminized seeds.

I am already searching for some silver around here at home but I can't find any, not sure if I have something made of silver around... supposedly it needs to be highly pure silver, of about 99% or so.

My doubt is about using this method on already feminized auto seeds, because my current plants are all feminized. Using colloidal silver, what would happen if I applied it to a feminized auto plant? Would it produce feminized and auto seeds too? If that's the case then I have to find some silver ASAP to try my luck as an alchemist :stir: as I would love to have backup seeds and not paying for them! If it is a viable option, do you think the produced seeds would be "unstable" in any way, or maybe more prone to hermie?

Regards!
:peace:

I have already found some 95% pure silver coins and have started my attempt at making colloidal silver. I'm using a 5V/1000mA power supply and distilled water. I'm not sure about the power supply, maybe I should look for a more powerful one. Anyway I intend to try this alchemy :stir: on my little bonsai girls. Both of them are fem auto seeds. I want to get more fem seeds out of them. Am I totally wrong here, is this possible? My only fear is that the resulting seeds do not auto or go hermie. From what I understand, using CS should not raise the hermie % if the selected strain is not prone to go hermie, and the auto trait should be definitely there...

I would appreciate any light on the matter. I will probably do it anyway, unless someone convinces me not to do it! Your inputs would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
:peace:

It's best to use 99.99 sielm some people did have luck using 99.95
Apparently when you reserve sex on the female plant in most cases she does not release pollen as a male would so you would have to do it manually and in some cases she would not release viable pollen. I don't mean to direct you to another site but these threads have a lot of info
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/j...g-feminized-seeds-using-colloidal-silver.html
as well as
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

please keep us updated if you decide to spray your plants with C.S

Back