Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

Teas are important so I try to get what I can when I find it, thank you! I'm still trying to understand soil so this is a bonus. Guess I owe you a smoothie :cheers:

I didn't realize the NLH was a photo. It's vegged almost 70 days?

Teas are important so I try to get what I can when I find it, thank you! I'm still trying to understand soil so this is a bonus. Guess I owe you a smoothie :cheers:

I didn't realize the NLH was a photo. It's vegged almost 70 days?
Oh yum! :cheers:

She was 125 days old yesterday and has been teaching me a LOT LOL
She's been through terrible times in experimental soil mixes and horrifically low RH, and has survived over- as well as underwatering - so actually there was a point where I thought she wasn't ever going to make it to flower.
Then Mephisto dropped those seeds, I planted two of them, finally did right by the NLH, who started really loving life in her final pot, and the rest is history haha

Cheers!:frog:

Oh yum! :cheers:

She was 125 days old yesterday and has been teaching me a LOT LOL
She's been through terrible times in experimental soil mixes and horrifically low RH, and has survived over- as well as underwatering - so actually there was a point where I thought she wasn't ever going to make it to flower.
Then Mephisto dropped those seeds, I planted two of them, finally did right by the NLH, who started really loving life in her final pot, and the rest is history haha

Cheers!:frog:
Poor little guinea pig ! She is amazing after having been through all that

Poor little guinea pig ! She is amazing after having been through all that
Yes absolutely!

And part of the reason why I feel so pressured for the CQs to finish, to spare her further chagrin ;)
The pot, for all its size, is looking small relative to plant growth overground. Starting to look like a giant version of Solo Cup grows lol
She's been growing her roots directly into the mulch layer on top - and paired with the fact that the microbial community is weak in the soil, I get the feeling I need to shift focus to direct feeding for the rest of her grow. So basically the same as I've been doing, but with greater frequency... so her grow is going to be adventurous to the end.
But really, she's more of a teacher than a guinea pig, she tells me very clearly what she thinks.
And I have this feeling she's only putting up with it all so patiently and valiantly because of her very stable genetics - after all, Sensi has been propagating this strain for decades!

BTW I took the circulation fan back out (that thing has never improved things in my growspaces..!), it was making things worse. Without it, yes the humidity levels in the NLH's canopy rise to the 70's, but on the CQ side of the closet they stay around 50%.

Cheers!

Can you add a top layer of fresh soil? I'm just thinking it could put some fresh life in the pot
Your thinking is 1A! :thumbsup:
Just, to have "fresh" that is better than the "old" ;)

My vermicompost isn't so bad, actually it's pretty balanced and completely aerobic, just still too bacterial.
Still better than anything I can buy at the mo. New batches of bagged stuff haven't hit the town yet (and even then, very few will even be aerobic, never mind the microbial diversity I'm looking for), and the old stuff from last year...stored all wrong, even what wasn't so originally is full of pathogens now. I know. I'm the one leaving small mouse holes in diverse bags all over town from taking small samples from them ha
I did ask in the beginning, explaining what I'd do and offering to share the info :angel:, they had no idea what I was talking of and didn't care.
And I'd be out of my mind to put money on the table for stuff I don't know the quality of, knowing they don't care.

I'm going to be checking on the VC today or tomorrow and will probably make an aerated compost tea of it and water that into the soils. I still have trouble imagining how topdressings actually seep down into lower layers, though obviously that is the way it works in nature ;) Plus, the microbes in AACT are highly active and ready to get helping, already producing glues to help aggregate the soil more, like a Ninja team, whilst the ones in the compost itself are in a more leisurely mode, like pioneers loading their wagons to move West.

Cheers!

A few impressions on day 71

"day"

2018-02-14_day71 (1).JPG

"night"
2018-02-14_day71 (2a).JPG

Mz Woozy main bud view

2018-02-14_day71-woozy (2).JPG

And Queen Sissi
She's purpling a bit, I've been opening the window alot to let out the hi humidity being pumped out of the closet when I have my room door closed (otherwise, the closet is functioning as a bigass humidifier for the whole flat -- as planned, actually!). But could also be from the light? :shrug:

Main cola
2018-02-14_day71-sissi (10).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi (3).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi-main-cola (2).JPG

And a round of secondaries :D
2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (2).JPG
2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (1).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (3).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (4).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (5).JPG

This one's the one by the door
2018-02-14_day71-sissi-secondaries (6).JPG

2018-02-14_day71-sissi (6).JPG

Cheers :coffee:

Yes, I am bowing to the queen! Getting close to the end now too.

I wish I understood the microbial activity better, it's the next book I plan on getting. I have to finish a soil book first . I get the concept, still clueless!

Back