Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

Ah good thing this grow is over, looks like I'd do a really bad job of documenting now - I'm getting really busy with outdoor gardening, hunting for good compost, and setting up my own batches!
Sorry about the delay - here's the wrap up :D

so day 108 was harvest day
View attachment 884514
View attachment 884515
That lowest left branch, it was the main aphid-befallen one, the whole branch went into the freezer for hash, along with a few other lower buds that the aphids had swarmed out to. Also, we did a close trim. About a third of the trichome-heavy material is getting made to hash ;)

Main cola
View attachment 884516
View attachment 884517
and a lower bud
View attachment 884518

I was surprised at the state of the trichs, lots milky and
some darkening, yes (and even some going black!?), but all in all I wouldn't have felt uneasy leaving them all the way
View attachment 884525

View attachment 884520

I made a little drying box for them, allowing them to at least dry a bit slower then it's been going the last few grows.
View attachment 884521
The branches got hung inside, and under the hangers there was a little hammock made of mosquito netting for the smaller pieces
View attachment 884522

So they dried 6 days before getting jarred
View attachment 884529

45g final weight. I have yet to test smoke her - beyond the truly ripe budlets I harvested separately for that heavenly painkiller effect :jump:
View attachment 884530

Cheers! :jointman:
Calliandra you’ve done it again! Thanks for showing me something new re: the budlets. I had no clue those too could be used for consumption. Our plants look not so pretty in the flush stage but your dry box pics say “look at me now haters”. I can recall tons of threads where people trolled others because their pics weren’t magazine worthy (not from this website though) and seeing your plants grow from start to finish hopefully gives everyone in the cannavision world some hope that they too can end up with great quality meds in the end, and thats even with a set back or two.

We don’t grow leaves we grow buds. Great job, and I knew this would be good when you started in with the organic regiment. Still learning from the sidelines from all of you great growers. Are you part of the no-till army Growmou5e often refers to? If not I’m nominating you to be drafted. They are a devout group whom I admire and playfully “don’t mess with”, Lol!!!

Nice finish! Looks to be taken at the perfect time. What do you have planned for the outdoors?
Well yeah the time definitely was appropriate with regards to the bugs lol
I do suspect they would've ended up taking over the whole plant, the way they were starting to discover she had other branches too :D
Outdoors is all veggies, fruit, flowers and herbs - nooo cannabis, the garden is open to the public. :)
And composting, fingers crossed I get the hang of it this year!! I would so love to be a healing fairy out there, helping suffering plants and landscapes to come into their own :wiz: (Not making them suffer as I am doing now LOL)

:worship: I'd slap ya, but I got to spread it around. Real nice end product, pretty sweet macro's too. Hope that cures into some excellent pain meds! Really though, nice growing.:d5:
Thank you sir! :biggrin: Yes I am really looking forward to seeing whether the cured bud comes close to the effect of the ripe budlets too! :headbang:

Great job. It's been a treat reading thru these pages and learning so much about your grow techniques. Your Queens Sissi & Woozy sure were different from the one I just harvested. It inspires me to grow another for sure.
:worship: :slap: :toke:
Haha thanks - question is, whose credit it is - I tend to thinking my plants do despite of me LMAO
Sheez yeah.yours was really one of a kind!! I definitely want to grow her again too! :d5:

Calliandra you’ve done it again! Thanks for showing me something new re: the budlets. I had no clue those too could be used for consumption. Our plants look not so pretty in the flush stage but your dry box pics say “look at me now haters”. I can recall tons of threads where people trolled others because their pics weren’t magazine worthy (not from this website though) and seeing your plants grow from start to finish hopefully gives everyone in the cannavision world some hope that they too can end up with great quality meds in the end, and thats even with a set back or two.

We don’t grow leaves we grow buds. Great job, and I knew this would be good when you started in with the organic regiment. Still learning from the sidelines from all of you great growers. Are you part of the no-till army Growmou5e often refers to? If not I’m nominating you to be drafted. They are a devout group whom I admire and playfully “don’t mess with”, Lol!!!
LOL the names floating about! No-till army! Just recently someone asked me if I was member of the los-club (los being living organic soil) and me all clueless haha
Personally for me, it feels more like a lichen, it grows on ya :crying:
Actually, I had an enlightening moment on that of late - a friend lent me a "roots atlas" with pictures of root structures of herbs and veggies, and lo, they also examined - and depicted - cannabis roots :D It does grow long roots vertically downwards, but about half of the root mass stays in the O-horizon and grows out like a mat along the soil surface.
So the guys with their 100G+ no-.till beds (whom I greatly admire too!) may be a step ahead by providing more horizontal space for the root zone, and that when it comes to soil mass, wideness is even more important than depth. Interesting eh! :cheers:

I definitely will hold on tight to your thoughts on ugly plants, I think we ain't seen nothing yet! :rofl:
The NLH, whilst valiantly flowering up, is struggling with nutrition in her much-too-small-for-her-age pot with really insufficient soil. So I'll get to see alot of that the next weeks, giving me ample time to contemplate how to amend my errant ways :p lol

Cheers much guys, :frog:it's been a great pleasure to share this leg of the journey with you!!! :smokeout:

So I guess calling you LOS Calli wouldn't be appropriate? :crying:

Do you have room in the pot to make up some soil to top dress with ? That would add some food for them?

What veggies are you growing?

So I guess calling you LOS Calli wouldn't be appropriate? :crying:

Do you have room in the pot to make up some soil to top dress with ? That would add some food for them?

What veggies are you growing?
haha yeah add a T in there and it's just about right! :crying:

Thankfully, I haven't touched Sissi's soil yet but have a bit of barley growing in it along with the bean plant for now. I've got a batch of VC going made of just leaves and coffee grounds, neem, kelp, biochar & DE and it's starting to look good, so I'll be using that one to topdress that soil before I get the next run going.
Because the NLH did get a nice topdress of VC, but it turns out I ended up adding root nematodes to it by inoculating it with a friend's compost :jawdrop:
He had brought me 2 different ones, in one I found root nematodes and didn't use it, but it seems the other one had them too, though I never saw any. There's no other way they could've gotten in there :eek1:
So that pot of soil is pretty much ruined for now, and getting the NLH through will be quite the challenge. I may have to set it aside after harvest until I figure out how to fix that (or more precisely, until I have a compost with a microbial profile that will subdue their activity.) It's kind of sad the NLH is struggling for nutes already, makes it hard to see whether root nematode activity is actually affecting her, or they're just hanging out and not really getting much done. I DO have what could be predatory nematodes in there too, so they could already be being held in check (finger crossed!).
So it's a weird state of things here for now: being able to see somethings going on but not really being able to do anything effective about it. Sometimes makes me wish for sweet oblivion!!
I've started looking for a good compost but will most probably just have to wait until I manage to make my own!

As for veggies, it's a bit of everything for me :)
I have some perennial / self-seeding stuff going on all the time - the herbs (garlic, scallion, chives, mountain savory, sorrel, burnet, lovage, borage, lemon balm, peppermint, something that smells of spearmint, fennel for seeds, and the mediterraneans, oregano, thyme, rosemary, lavender., and not to be forgotten, the comfrey), then there's the chards and all the fruit - strawberries, gooseberries, raspberries, red and black currant, cherry. Pole beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, topinambur, onions and salads, especially self-seeded rocket, are my "standards", along with kale/brussel sprouts, peas, probably a row of potatoes, and last year I got my first carrots out of that heavy soil, I left two for seed, if I can get those to go self-seeding that would be fabulous! Also, I tried egg plant too, planted in my cold bed it did OK (because actually it's too cold here for that kind of crop), going to give it another go too this year, along with leeks, maybe some beets and radishes. I'd love to give grains a try, and lentils too, but I run out of space fast, since I do also have lots of flowering perennials, bi-annuals, and self-seeding annuals in there too. lol

Do you have an outdoor garden too??!
Cheers!

haha yeah add a T in there and it's just about right! :crying:

Thankfully, I haven't touched Sissi's soil yet but have a bit of barley growing in it along with the bean plant for now. I've got a batch of VC going made of just leaves and coffee grounds, neem, kelp, biochar & DE and it's starting to look good, so I'll be using that one to topdress that soil before I get the next run going.
Because the NLH did get a nice topdress of VC, but it turns out I ended up adding root nematodes to it by inoculating it with a friend's compost :jawdrop:
He had brought me 2 different ones, in one I found root nematodes and didn't use it, but it seems the other one had them too, though I never saw any. There's no other way they could've gotten in there :eek1:
So that pot of soil is pretty much ruined for now, and getting the NLH through will be quite the challenge. I may have to set it aside after harvest until I figure out how to fix that (or more precisely, until I have a compost with a microbial profile that will subdue their activity.) It's kind of sad the NLH is struggling for nutes already, makes it hard to see whether root nematode activity is actually affecting her, or they're just hanging out and not really getting much done. I DO have what could be predatory nematodes in there too, so they could already be being held in check (finger crossed!).
So it's a weird state of things here for now: being able to see somethings going on but not really being able to do anything effective about it. Sometimes makes me wish for sweet oblivion!!
I've started looking for a good compost but will most probably just have to wait until I manage to make my own!

As for veggies, it's a bit of everything for me :)
I have some perennial / self-seeding stuff going on all the time - the herbs (garlic, scallion, chives, mountain savory, sorrel, burnet, lovage, borage, lemon balm, peppermint, something that smells of spearmint, fennel for seeds, and the mediterraneans, oregano, thyme, rosemary, lavender., and not to be forgotten, the comfrey), then there's the chards and all the fruit - strawberries, gooseberries, raspberries, red and black currant, cherry. Pole beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, topinambur, onions and salads, especially self-seeded rocket, are my "standards", along with kale/brussel sprouts, peas, probably a row of potatoes, and last year I got my first carrots out of that heavy soil, I left two for seed, if I can get those to go self-seeding that would be fabulous! Also, I tried egg plant too, planted in my cold bed it did OK (because actually it's too cold here for that kind of crop), going to give it another go too this year, along with leeks, maybe some beets and radishes. I'd love to give grains a try, and lentils too, but I run out of space fast, since I do also have lots of flowering perennials, bi-annuals, and self-seeding annuals in there too. lol

Do you have an outdoor garden too??!
Cheers!

Is there anything you aren't growing?

Only a few tomatoes this year, my yard struggles for light. I do some flowers, coneflowers, black eyed Susan's, peonies, and a clemitis. Blueberries and 2 Asian pears.
20180321_183218.jpg

Blooms from the pear about 2 weeks ago

Is there anything you aren't growing?

Only a few tomatoes this year, my yard struggles for light. I do some flowers, coneflowers, black eyed Susan's, peonies, and a clemitis. Blueberries and 2 Asian pears.
View attachment 886803
Blooms from the pear about 2 weeks ago
ohwow those pear flowers are so lovely!! -- the trees in bloom must've been a breathtaking sight, judging by all the white masses of flowers in the background!!!
Ah shady temperate situations, not the place for most of our common veggies - interesting though, isn't it, that we use so little of what would grow without effort in such landscapes. In fact, the only edible I can think of off the top of my head for this forest.understory type of situation is wild garlic (allium ursinum)!! It's used alot in springtime cuisine hereabouts :smoking:
Oh and mushrooms lol
But how is it we know so little about temperate forest edibles (which there definitely must be), if "original" landscapes were predominantly woody?!
Well yes, we cut the trees all down, but still!
I know that in Britain it's becoming quite the thing, to take foraging courses and re-learn the old plant knowledge - kind of as part of the "medieval revival" (in the last 10-15 years or so, summer festivals have popped up all across the lands where there's old crafts, pseudo-medieval foods, jostling and lute music).

In fact, there are tons of stuff I haven't got in my garden :p - and how do they say, jack of all trades, master of none? :rofl:
I know this woman, she does tomatoes, period. But how!
She knows pretty much everything there is to know about them, including historicals, all the gazillions of strains there are, and all the fairy potions that exist to promote their health.
In contrast, I just plant, maybe water the first few days, and if they survive, fine lol
Though the idea was actually to get to know all these plants, and how to take care of them.
TBH I was a bit surprised myself at the diversity when I went to list what grows there, as I was just thinking the other day how boring my garden is! :smoking:
Cheers! :pass:

ohwow those pear flowers are so lovely!! -- the trees in bloom must've been a breathtaking sight, judging by all the white masses of flowers in the background!!!
Ah shady temperate situations, not the place for most of our common veggies - interesting though, isn't it, that we use so little of what would grow without effort in such landscapes. In fact, the only edible I can think of off the top of my head for this forest.understory type of situation is wild garlic (allium ursinum)!! It's used alot in springtime cuisine hereabouts :smoking:
Oh and mushrooms lol
But how is it we know so little about temperate forest edibles (which there definitely must be), if "original" landscapes were predominantly woody?!
Well yes, we cut the trees all down, but still!
I know that in Britain it's becoming quite the thing, to take foraging courses and re-learn the old plant knowledge - kind of as part of the "medieval revival" (in the last 10-15 years or so, summer festivals have popped up all across the lands where there's old crafts, pseudo-medieval foods, jostling and lute music).

In fact, there are tons of stuff I haven't got in my garden :p - and how do they say, jack of all trades, master of none? :rofl:
I know this woman, she does tomatoes, period. But how!
She knows pretty much everything there is to know about them, including historicals, all the gazillions of strains there are, and all the fairy potions that exist to promote their health.
In contrast, I just plant, maybe water the first few days, and if they survive, fine lol
Though the idea was actually to get to know all these plants, and how to take care of them.
TBH I was a bit surprised myself at the diversity when I went to list what grows there, as I was just thinking the other day how boring my garden is! :smoking:
Cheers! :pass:
In full bloom the pear is beautiful! Some years are better than others for production. They get fire blight really bad. Tomatoes seem to like to be fed like cannabis, I used powdered notes on mine last year! Lol, bat guano makes them happy! I'm trying to get my daughter interested in growing the tomatoes since she loves to eat them.

Out of hiatus, girls looked amazing!
:slap:Passed on a Rep Slap, love the way ur passionate about your girls!

Back