Mephisto Genetics Cosmic Queens in not quite living soil

Sparkly Sissi on day 68

2018-02-11_day68_sissibud (1).JPG

2018-02-11_day68_sissibud (2).JPG

2018-02-11_day68_sissibud (3).JPG

Pretty steady sweeet haziness - today with a bit of almond in the background - coming from her these days, whilst Woozy surprised today with an added note of undefinable spiciness :eyebrows:
cheers!

:clapper::clapper::clapper: That my friend looks awesome . :thumbsup:
Thanks! Yes they are all lovely!
Trying to relax about the tightness of the situation and give them their time, which is getting more difficult as the NLH puts out new leaves and drives humidity way up. She's raising the 20% air input to 80% in her canopy, which has its repercussions on the other side of the closet too, which still shows highs of 60% :eek1:
Best just go away and let em figure it out, eh?
Or maybe take another defoliation pass at the NLH... :gary:
Cheers for stopping by!

well of course I couldn't just go away - I still had to go pick some leaves for my smoothie! :rolleyes2:

So I ended up defoliating and rearranging the CQs' branches and getting the circulation fan going under them to start a breeze flowing through their foliage. I feel better about their plight now. I'll continue taking more leaves out of the bush centers as I go.

There's signs of nitrogen being pulled out of leaves on both Sissi and her companion bean, so the nice healthy leaves got fed right back to them, along with the bits of fruit & peels shared from my own mix that they were going to get anyway :D

People and plant food!
2018-02-11_people+plantfood (1).JPG

Mine just had more fruit, plus coconut milk, whilst theirs was more leafy ;)
This was actually the CQs' third watering with fruit scraps - just a handful blended up with water. Banana, apple and mango, along with a big handful of leaves. today.
They're getting this every ~4 days at the moment :)

I do think the NLH will follow suit and drop a few leaves today too.
Waiting on lights on for that though.
Cheers!

:cheers: smoothies for the soul! I hope you made enough to share :coffee:
Haha always happy to share with anyone interested in something tasty like that! :eyebrows:

Holy frost Batman! Looking awesome!

So all they get fed is smoothies? If so that's awesome too.

Well not quite, I'm having to condition the soil a bit because it wasn't very great to start out with.
So they've been getting a cycle of aloe water as wettant, sometimes with humics added, sprouted grains smoothie, and neem/kelp juice (which in fact is similar to a smoothie, just that I soak the meals overnight and then water that) - every 4-5 days, in between just water as needed. And continual addition of small handsful of mulch, paying attention to alternate a bit between browns and greens so it doesn't get too hot - straw, dead fall leaves, hay, comfrey leaf chopped, any dwindling self.sprouted companions, and of course their own foliage and branchlets as I take them off.
A dusting of DE now and then.
Yeah and that's it, with a tendency to become less and less external additions over time :)
I should be adding some vermicompost just about now to beef up the microbial populations, but the latest batch, though coming along nicely, still needs to cure, so maybe next week.. :thumbsup:

Cheers! :jointman:

What my mulch looks like at the mo
(spot the centipede, shredder and/or predator of larvae and such :D )
2018-02-11_defol (8).JPG

And the NLH really did get defoliated, and first beginnings of sorting her branches.

2018-02-11_defol (1).JPG

Bushspan of 140cm at canopy level with potential to spread out more to the left :muahaha:
But miraculously she folded back into herself, like an umbrella, to fit in the closet again after.
After a few hours, I find humidity at 60% throughout :haha: lol joke's on me
But at least they've all got a tiny bit more air getting between their branches again.. for a few days?! :gary: haha
Cheers!

What my mulch looks like at the mo
(spot the centipede, shredder and/or predator of larvae and such :D )
View attachment 863127

And the NLH really did get defoliated, and first beginnings of sorting her branches.

View attachment 863125

Bushspan of 140cm at canopy level with potential to spread out more to the left :muahaha:
But miraculously she folded back into herself, like an umbrella, to fit in the closet again after.
After a few hours, I find humidity at 60% throughout :haha: lol joke's on me
But at least they've all got a tiny bit more air getting between their branches again.. for a few days?! :gary: haha
Cheers!
The NLH has gotten rather large! But beautiful.

Question what ratio to you mix the neem/kelp to water in?

The NLH has gotten rather large! But beautiful.

Question what ratio to you mix the neem/kelp to water in?
I topped her down again to around 1.10m (plant height), and will insist on that limit - she's going to be massive anyway once spread out!
As is, she has actually continued flowering much more than I'd seen before, despite getting 18/6 again - all of a sudden it's dark enough under the canopy for her to bloom, whilst the partition was declared insufficient before?! lol
I'm probably never going to veg a plant this long again, so might as well enjoy the crazy adventure! She does give me the feeling that even photoperiods have an inner clock telling them, it's time to flower? :nono: whatever!:rofl:

I'm using 2 heaped teaspoons neem and 1 heaped teaspoon kelp per 2.5L (=my medium watering can ;) ). The NLH gets a whole dose for herself, whilst the CQs share a second one, Woozy gets about half a liter and Sissi the remaining 2. In the cycle I stick to at the mo, this happens about every 2 weeks. Oh and the meals get watered in along with the extract and add to the mulch.

Cheers! :jointman:

Back