Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Screenshot 2022-01-29 11.31.32 PM.png

RO water actually goes acidic 5.5 or less when exposed to air. Pure water starts at 7.0 but it attracts Co² and becomes acidic rapidly. You do not need to PH it but you may want to add a little of the Lobster Meal to your applications. Don't go crazy.

Have we talked about your tap water? I have talked to so many I don't remember.
I wasn't sure who you were referring too in comment. I'm not trying to hijack @Newman’sOwn thread but he didn't respond and i think we are all sharing this so Everyone has some good CoM Information. so... we have talked about my tap water it is high ph, high alkalinity, high carbonate. according to home test kits. I don't plan on Phing my RO water (10 ppm ). But i personally haven't seen my RO go that low in ph. but i do know RO can be hard to get a accurate ph reading.

please correct me if i'm wrong but the CoM plant food has lobster in it. I just don't wanna double up N which i think the lobster is loaded with. and according to @Badfinger CoM recommends a seconding feeding of that along with the Fish bone meal at the start of flower. Which brings me to another question can you overfeed in organics? Anyone?
FD96A2AE-6C6B-41F0-A3D7-4A8F3578130C.jpg

Also guys i did find some soil today its a frozen block but hopefully it will be warmed up and thawed be the time my beans a cracked. Suggestions which one for the CoM experiment?
mephisto mango smile
mephisto Forum stomper
mephisto Northern cheese haze

Also what's the census on perlite? what's everyone else doing adding extra(if so how much)? or CoM platinum right out of the bag?:smokeout:

20-30% perlite is what I do.
CoM said the extra Nitrogen is going to burn off fast in the 5 gallon pot. Cause I asked about adding the 5-13-0 and 5-2-4 both at the same time. I'm hoping it just keeps them nice and green longer.

I wasn't sure who you were referring too in comment. I'm not trying to hijack @Newman’sOwn thread but he didn't respond and i think we are all sharing this so Everyone has some good CoM Information. so... we have talked about my tap water it is high ph, high alkalinity, high carbonate. according to home test kits. I don't plan on Phing my RO water (10 ppm ). But i personally haven't seen my RO go that low in ph. but i do know RO can be hard to get a accurate ph reading.

please correct me if i'm wrong but the CoM plant food has lobster in it. I just don't wanna double up N which i think the lobster is loaded with. and according to @Badfinger CoM recommends a seconding feeding of that along with the Fish bone meal at the start of flower. Which brings me to another question can you overfeed in organics? Anyone? View attachment 1413742

Also guys i did find some soil today its a frozen block but hopefully it will be warmed up and thawed be the time my beans a cracked. Suggestions which one for the CoM experiment?
mephisto mango smile
mephisto Forum stomper
mephisto Northern cheese haze

Also what's the census on perlite? what's everyone else doing adding extra(if so how much)? or CoM platinum right out of the bag?:smokeout:

I'll personally be running 10% perlite I think. I know CoM has some, but I think a bit extra couldn't hurt. I don't have any experience with organics but from what I have seen on forums and such you definitely can overfeed inorganics. someone correct and inform me if im wrong.

I'll personally be running 10% perlite I think. I know CoM has some, but I think a bit extra couldn't hurt. I don't have any experience with organics but from what I have seen on forums and such you definitely can overfeed inorganics. someone correct and inform me if im wrong.
overfeed with organics**

Most EC meters do not read accurately below 50 PPM and RO will be <10 PPM when the membranes are good. So you cannot read the EC until it is over the threshold for your meter. PH on the other-hand should be accurate on any calibrated meter when sampling RO Water.

@DaleDenton Ah yes I remember your water. When I am running straight RO water in hydro I add ~50PPM of Cal-Mag and this usually brings the PH enough that it is not a concern. If you are watering the CoM with strait RO then adding a little of the Lobster Meal is the same idea as adding a little extra Cal-Mag Whether or not there is enough in the Mix ?

Yes you can overfeed with organics.

Most EC meters do not read accurately below 50 PPM and RO will be <10 PPM when the membranes are good. So you cannot read the EC until it is over the threshold for your meter. PH on the other-hand should be accurate on any calibrated meter when sampling RO Water.

@DaleDenton Ah yes I remember your water. When I am running straight RO water in hydro I add ~50PPM of Cal-Mag and this usually brings the PH enough that it is not a concern. If you are watering the CoM with strait RO then adding a little of the Lobster Meal is the same idea as adding a little extra Cal-Mag Whether or not there is enough in the Mix ?

Yes you can overfeed with organics.
i think you meant @Daledenton84 as i haven't seen the other @DaleDenton here. if not :thanks: anyways love reading post/advice from legends as yourself. i'm pretty confident in my ph reading i've done them multiple ways digital(apera ph60) and liquid drops.

As far as the mix having enough we will see how good CoM reputation is. :shrug:

@Mañ'O'Green While we have you here do you recommend any bennis for the CoM soil? (kelp,humic, recharge, or any other) anyone else's input also for bennies for CoM experiment too.

P.S. I'm stoned and rambling on hope i'm not cluttering your thread @Newman’sOwn if so let me know i get it moved. :smokeout:

i think you meant @Daledenton84 as i haven't seen the other @DaleDenton here. if not :thanks: anyways love reading post/advice from legends as yourself. i'm pretty confident in my ph reading i've done them multiple ways digital(apera ph60) and liquid drops.

As far as the mix having enough we will see how good CoM reputation is.

@Mañ'O'Green While we have you here do you recommend any bennis for the CoM soil? (kelp,humic, recharge, or any other) anyone else's input also for bennies for CoM experiment too.

P.S. I'm stoned and rambling on hope i'm not cluttering your thread @Newman’sOwn if so let me know i get it moved. :smokeout:

I'm wondering the same thing about the bennies. I was planning on doing recharge and hydro guard 1x a week. Not sure if the CoM soil would need it though?

If you are using pots that are large enough you do not need anything else. All the good stuff is in there. I would not add Perlite. It is cheap and if it needed more CoM would have put it in.

I'm wondering the same thing about the bennies. I was planning on doing recharge and hydro guard 1x a week. Not sure if the CoM soil would need it though?
No recharge. If you water correctly and have an air gap under the pot you will not need HydroGuard. But with big pots on the floor drainage can be a problem. In that case HydroGuard is good insurance.

Recharge is just that - it recharges soil that has run out of nutrients by adding carbohydrates and massive numbers of microbes to process any elements still in the pot. It is like hitting the nitrox bottle on a race car. But even with this the soil can run out of elements That is why you top dress.

Back