Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

I use CoM also, one thing I notice with that new feeding schedule. They talk about using the fishbone meal for bloom, which I believe to be correct, but show a picture of the lobster meal, two very different feeds.
You dont need all that Nitrogen in the Lobster, you want the P=loaded Fish Bone Meal for bloom.
yup i see that now. they didn't have either. this will be my first time trying TLO water only. is that schedule a good starting point for how much feed to top dress per size pot?

yup i see that now. they didn't have either. this will be my first time trying TLO water only. is that schedule a good starting point for how much feed to top dress per size pot?
We're going to find out together, cause I only used the CoM soil, and then switched to the fox farm trio nutes after week 4.
I want to do a full run with just CoM products. I am hoping for a satisfying end result because I would like to use exclusive Mid-Atlantic or northeastern products. It's time to put the northeast on the map when it comes to growing weed.
But I would say it's a reliable starting point for sure. :)

We're going to find out together, cause I only used the CoM soil, and then switched to the fox farm trio nutes after week 4.
I want to do a full run with just CoM products. I am hoping for a satisfying end result because I would like to use exclusive Mid-Atlantic or northeastern products. It's time to put the northeast on the map when it comes to growing weed.
But I would say it's a reliable starting point for sure. :)
We’re all in this together :pass:. Sorry @Newman’sOwn not trying to steal your thread but I am loving having a couple guys to follow doing exactly what I’m doing

Hey thanks for the autoflower pdf I've never seen it. Despite talking with the owner a few months back at a conference. I'm within a couple hours of where they make it and have had good success with the few bags I've bought. I usually make my own soil mixes though.

We’re all in this together :pass:. Sorry @Newman’sOwn not trying to steal your thread but I am loving having a couple guys to follow doing exactly what I’m doing
The more the merrier :smokeout:. After applying both ferts to varying plants last night my tent definitely stinks of rotting fish and cannabis

I use COM too, the fish bone meal is quite pungent when wet.
I run in 5 gallon grow bags, my last run ran a bit short on the nutes near the end, but purely my fault. Should have given them a boost with a bottle or tea of some kind.
Ended up with over 2 Oz from the LSD Autos on my first grow, not too bad.
On day 2 of my second grow, see how it goes.

Got the plant food and fish bone meal on the way. My only concern is only using the fish bone meal for what basically could be 3/4 of the grow, and it does not have any K=Potassium. Not sure if this should be a concern.

Last edited:
Got the plant food and fish bone meal on the way. My only concern is only using the fish bone meal for what basically could be 3/4 of the grow, and it does not have any K=Potassium. Not sure if this should be a concern.
A valid question for sure, I was hoping CoM figured the amount within the soil would carry it through? All the more reason we need to act as Guinea pigs and test their nutrient schedule on a 15g. To be true to their recommendations I think I would have to PH my RO water, what’s the best organic ph up for the job? Or should I try just RO?

A valid question for sure, I was hoping CoM figured the amount within the soil would carry it through? All the more reason we need to act as Guinea pigs and test their nutrient schedule on a 15g. To be true to their recommendations I think I would have to PH my RO water, what’s the best organic ph up for the job? Or should I try just RO?
Wondered that myself too @Badfinger @Newman’sOwn . i know very little about TLO so i'm hoping the microbes do the work for me. I'm gonna be way behind you guys soil is a issue in my area and i don't wanna order it online and pay more. inventory shows 20 bags within 20 min of home but stores can't find it so it must be buried in a snowbank.

I don't know about your water situation, I use my tap water. I have a very mild hard water, bordering on soft. Usually around 65 ppm.
I sent off an email to CoM with my potassium question. I was kind of floored by the response email.
The email says they will call me tomorrow morning to give me some tips.
Unfortunately, I have to mail them back and tell them I will be at work tomorrow morning, unless they plan on calling me at 4 a.m.
I am hoping I can get them to call me after 3 o'clock tomorrow.

Back