Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Hey guys,
I now have started getting brown spots on the cola leaves, which I think is calcium deficiency. Ya think it's to late to use some cal-mag (8 1/2 wks), this late in the grow?
Not sure if it’s right but I am feeding 50-60ppm calmag every watering right now to my DG which is almost ready for harvest. Can we get pics?

I've read a calcium deficiency will make your plants very sensitive to light, hence causing light burn. Both previous grows had fried cola leaves, which I wrote off as being me learning my light, but I also had deficiency issue's with both those grows, so now I think nutrition may be more the culprit then just light too strong/close etc.

20220415_092329.jpg

20220415_092406.jpg

Last edited:
I've read a calcium deficiency will make your plants very sensitive to light, hence causing light burn. Both previous grows had fried cola leaves, which I wrote off as being me learning my light, but I also had deficiency issue's with both those grows, so now I think nutrition may be more the culprit then just light too strong/close etc.

View attachment 1445449
View attachment 1445450
as you know @Badfinger i am a rookie and i don't wanna steer in the wrong direction. but IMO to get the best diagnoses of what's happening post this here https://www.autoflower.org/forums/autoflower-infirmary-for-sick-plants.90/. with as much information and pics as possible. more experienced eyes in that section. :d5:

P.S. Maybe P & K deficiency?

as you know @Badfinger i am a rookie and i don't wanna steer in the wrong direction. but IMO to get the best diagnoses of what's happening post this here https://www.autoflower.org/forums/autoflower-infirmary-for-sick-plants.90/. with as much information and pics as possible. more experienced eyes in that section. :d5:

P.S. Maybe P & K deficiency?
As far as P-K, last feed was 3-9-4, previous feed was 10-15-4.
I'm not in Panick mode yet for the infirmary, lol. I'm still happy with the overall condition of my plants.
I am mostly posting to share everything I'm doing, and what's happening afterwards, while using CoM.
This way, in the end, we all see what each other did , and what the end result produced.
This will hopefully, help us all tweak our next grow, if we deem it necessary.
Just like me whining about plant size earlier, while posting pic's of healthy plants with 18 cola's each. I probably should have been slapped on the back of the head and told to grow up LOL.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I now have started getting brown spots on the cola leaves, which I think is calcium deficiency. Ya think it's to late to use some cal-mag (8 1/2 wks), this late in the grow?
I get these every time, and in my current plant that is just vegging I already have the brown spots. Figure this out and it would be a big help! In my solo done in CoM I had these problems then hit it with a dose of epsom salt and the spots stopped for a few weeks.
Day 28 you’ll see some brown spots on bigger older fans
8D9178A5-815E-4596-8DA0-A0F6E092716E.jpeg

I get these every time, and in my current plant that is just vegging I already have the brown spots. Figure this out and it would be a big help! In my solo done in CoM I had these problems then hit it with a dose of epsom salt and the spots stopped for a few weeks.
Day 28 you’ll see some brown spots on bigger older fans
I am leaning towards reconditioning and re-using my soil for next grow in September. So I want to research adding epsom salt and dolomite to the mix.
I suspect watering in epsom salt every 3 weeks this grow, did help with what I suspect to be a mg deficiency. And I would like to see a higher potassium number, this grow I feed a constant 4, I think that number should be double in the later stage.

Tomorrow is day 1 of week 5 (day 29)for my plant and I’m considering only applying 1/2c of Stonington blend this week and next week adding 1/2c of the fish bone meal. Likely will apply tonight as I need to water. Hope this doesn’t f things up she’s doing so well :jointman:

I might add 1/4 cup of each and give it a few days. I am a new grower, but follow the COM stuff pretty close. I’ve seen we’re adding too much COM bone meal, caused some stunting.

Epsom salts really help the COM soil.. I add some every other water. Keep up the good work!!

Mephisto Double Grape CoM water only per schedule Day 68 from sprout.

She's not the prettiest but she is mine and smell delicious. seems to be getting close to chop. i am not sure if i have saw those spots in THIS plant but have in others. my friend added 1/8 cup CoM plant food 5-2-4 with the 1/4 cup buds and bloom 5-13-0 at wk5-6. His plants seemed to handle it but did get much darker green then mine but less deficiencies. :d5: :toke: not sure who to tag in that is current with this thread:pass::smokeout:

I have started to feed her 50-60 ppm RAW cal-mag and RAW humic, kelp, and molasses once a week and just RAW cal mag 50-60 ppm any other time. PH 6.2-6.5. which is no ph adjusting with my mix so far :woohoo1:

IMG_4770.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

Trichz are maturing equally now seems this round maybe the organics helping :shrug:

IMG_4784.JPG

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

Back