Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

to ensure "clean" water
I’m starting to think the “clean” water may not be the best thing. Yes we are taking out the bad stuff but also the good stuff with it. RO water has no buffering capacity and can go acidic very quickly from my understanding. Going forward i am going to use calmag , kelp and humic acid to buffer my RO water. PH'ed to 6.4.

Knowing your water source is a key factor when growing IMO. A EC/TDS meter is a good investment to have for growing IMO. i think you can get away with cheap tds meter. Even when using RO i can tell when my membranes are going bad and need replacing :d5:

Here's a short video with harley smith about RO water and humic acid

would also be able to stop buying distilled water for my humidifiers
:yeahthat: That is a huge bonus I love having mine just for that reason. I was using aquatic life RO buddie well worth the money. this is what i have been using and what I just ordered to replace the RO buddie.

I hope all this is useful. the only reason i say all this is because it has seemed to help my grow. :d5::toke:

7281469F-1E2B-4313-8BC4-EC048F709AE9.png
508F6B1B-007D-4973-9A92-0DAFEB1DFCEA.png

Giving both feeds together did give me a Nitrogen Toxicity in week 5, not severe and they did burn it off as I was told.
I am now two days from feeding time and mid flower day 52. I do not want any excess nitro from here out. But am over thinking the zero potassium in the flowering amendment. I am so dam tempted to break the schedule and use my Tiger Bloom 2-8-4, then continue and go with the bone meal 5-13-0.
I just cannot get over that NO potassium thing at this stage.
Do or Don't? Thats my call for opinions.

ps: a few pics. the three main cola's, I hope it's just early yet, and their not gonna be small.

20220408_194502.jpg

20220408_194510.jpg

20220408_194516.jpg

Last edited:
I strayed away from the schedule. added recharge 3/29. Then today i watered with 50-60 ppm calmag, humic, kelp, and molasses. i think i will feed that once-twice a week till finish as long as she seems to like it.

Well now that i've seen pics i would not do anything different @Badfinger. looks really healthy to me. :clapper:

Now mine on the other hand not so much :rofl:.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I strayed away from the schedule. added recharge 3/29. Then today i watered with 50-60 ppm calmag, humic, kelp, and molasses. i think i will feed that once-twice a week till finish as long as she seems to like it.

Well now that i've seen pics i would not do anything different @Badfinger. looks really healthy to me. :clapper:

Now mine on the other hand not so much :rofl:.

Your still forming some nice bud there brother. I'm taking these until the tric's say zombie time. Wanna grow some couch lock this time.
I cant help wondering if that nitro toxicity starting in week 6 killed my stretch.

Last edited:
They look good but sure are small.
All in CoM, with Stonington dry amendments.
Also adding some FOOP a buddy gave me.
After two grows in this medium, the plant sizes is concerning. Not to mention the zebra leaves, a lot of us have experienced. And the gnats in the dead of winter, makes it obvious were their coming from.
Glad I grew 3 dwarf's, I mean plants, instead of my usual two. This grow has to last me til October.

From what I’ve seen and been told it maybe to hot and stunting them from the start? Just a thought I agree with everyone :d5: :toke:

P.S. another thought :rofl: I’m noticing same thing but also wondering if it’s my strains? Seems like we’re all giving them plenty of light they shouldn’t want to stretch. I think I’m noticing in my grow indica’s staying short and sativa’s wanting to be tall:shrug: no science behind it:toke:. Hopefully someone smarter then me will correct me:thanks:

After two grows in this medium, the plant sizes is concerning
My 3g plants put out 2oz, 5g plant 5+ oz. Perhaps it’s the size pot your running, as I got those returns on my first and second grows with a slew of rookie mistakes. Got this 20g pot filled with CoM SB and it’s seemingly going to be a monster, this was direct planted into Stonington so while it is hot it won’t stunt them for sure(I usually start in starter mix but pulled this one early after germ and direct planted)
1879FA93-1013-4C3A-8F23-A1D5C235F39E.jpeg

pot
:size:

Back