Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Been reviewing my plan and was just reading the CoM autoflower feeding schedule and it says for vegetative growth feed once at the start of week three. To me that reads on day 15 I should apply my top dress as day 15 would be the first day of the third week right? Likewise the second top dressing would be either day 29 or day 36 for the beginning of week 5 or 6. Stoner thoughts thanks for reading the ramble:pass:
Bruce day 9
View attachment 1437537
That’s what i did kinda. I realized I was almost the end of week 3 (week 1 seed to germination) :shrug: that’s I what I’ve gathered for autos. Today was day 15 above ground for my anvils I topped dressed CoM PF 5-2-4 per schedule. I may be late i may be early :shrug::toke::pass:ramble on:rofl:

I won't clog up your thread after the Double grape is finished @Newman’sOwn. so here's a link to my next CoM water only run.

Gnome Automatics Anvil Day 15 from sprout
image.jpg

Also yesterday was time for my Mephisto Double Grape Day 49 (end of week 8) Final top dress CoM Buds and Bloom 5-13-0. Because it looks like i'll go at least 12 wks. Also @Newman’sOwn for what's worth it was suggested to me that "The best thing to do is add 50PPM of Cal-mag to the water and let it sit overnight PH to 6.4 and then use it to water your plants". as pure RO water can go acidic. I am strongly leaning towards doing that with my Anvils but haven't decided when i will start that if i do. As it looks like with my DG that i have some sort of lockout issue going on we think.

8181BB1D-C347-4BB7-BC2A-443E97F13E58.jpeg
EC8B71A5-4DF6-44AD-B9BB-1793333DC4E2.jpeg

2633BFF6-2CB6-4C51-8DD2-AA978C089EA2.jpeg
6D401093-E7FF-4E4B-B257-F564D757B2B4.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 15
I won't clog up your thread
Clog away, I’ve learned more reading about others experiences on this thread than I would if it was only my lazy take on growing. Jealous on the genetics you are running anvil looks awesome. Those bags are pretty neat too

Been reviewing my plan and was just reading the CoM autoflower feeding schedule and it says for vegetative growth feed once at the start of week three. To me that reads on day 15 I should apply my top dress as day 15 would be the first day of the third week right? Likewise the second top dressing would be either day 29 or day 36 for the beginning of week 5 or 6. Stoner thoughts thanks for reading the ramble:pass:
Bruce day 9

I did my 1st feeding on day 19, and my 2nd feeding with both additives on day 34. Maybe jumped the gun, we will see. But they were in flower mode.

for what's worth it was suggested to me that "The best thing to do is add 50PPM of Cal-mag to the water and let it sit overnight PH to 6.4 and then use it to water your plants". as pure RO water can go acidic.
I did two waterings of Epsom Salt to give them Mg for my leaf issues. I am avoiding cal-mag due to the Bone meal having 18% calcium. I cant say I noticed any improvement with the salt, but it didn't get worse.
Watered mine with black strap today, first time for me.

Day 41, a bit disappointed in their size, for an XL strain.

20220327_213728.jpg

did two waterings of Epsom Salt to give them Mg for my leaf issues. I am avoiding cal-mag due to the Bone meal having 18% calcium
I had been thinking about that also. I got lots of idea too many :rofl: .

Also @Badfinger that sucks about your XL strain. Still looks like your gonna get a nice harvest they got a lot of fattening up to do. :headbang:
Also that looks like a pretty sweet humidifier. might have to get me one of those :d5:

Today is day 40 something since sprout. 43 I believe. She has definitely grown a bit despite the initial stunt, but I think she would have been a really nice plant had she not dealt with such a rough start. She has not fully gone into flowering yet so I am thinking I will have at least a couple more days of training. The leaves are showing some issues, which I am not sure what to do about it really because this is organic growing (except for using ph down on my water).

20220327_132336.jpg
20220328_111019.jpg
20220328_111024.jpg

Today is day 40 something since sprout. 43 I believe. She has definitely grown a bit despite the initial stunt, but I think she would have been a really nice plant had she not dealt with such a rough start. She has not fully gone into flowering yet so I am thinking I will have at least a couple more days of training. The leaves are showing some issues, which I am not sure what to do about it really because this is organic growing (except for using ph down on my water).
They'll live. I decided this 3rd grow I am not going to get excited about leaf defects. I grew 4 plants in the last year, everyone looked like a train wreck, and I still got 13 ounces out of them. Hell that was 4+ years of weed when I didn't grow my own. Now I'm smoking cigar sized joints cause I don't know what to do with it all ;)

They'll live. I decided this 3rd grow I am not going to get excited about leaf defects. I grew 4 plants in the last year, everyone looked like a train wreck, and I still got 13 ounces out of them. Hell that was 4+ years of weed when I didn't grow my own. Now I'm smoking cigar sized joints cause I don't know what to do with it all ;)

That's the approach I am taking currently. Thanks to my last harvest I have enough to last me more than half a year. I have another plant that will be harvested soon and that will add to my stockpile as well. My main goal from now on is to grow the plants to the best of my ability and to try to get some knowledge about organic cannabis farming. I honestly would not know where to start in addressing the issues(nutrients take time to breakdown, needs to be right amount, etc.) but I definitely want to work on identifying the issues. My goal is to one day grow a completely healthy cannabis plant seed to smoke, as well as mastering the dry and cure process.

You guys hit the nail on the head perfectly, very well put. I had some issues with my last Fox Farm grow (2nd grow ever) and even with the crazy leaf discoloration etc… still have a few oz of some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked. This is just for me. I’m not worried about perfection after seeing the end product of “pretty good”.

That’s why I’m here, found this helpful thread via searching for the soil. From reading & personal recommendations, I decided to try CoM with just the top dressing. Gonna let it roll however it happens and I’m certain it’ll be a fun harvest regardless.

My 4 seeds (Mango Smile, Strawberry Nuggets, Walter White, & a CBD OG Kush) sprouted 3 days ago. First time in 5 gallon pots. All looking good so far, but man there’s a ton of fungus gnats! (bought 2 bags from local garden shop… have yellow sticky traps up we’ll see how it goes)

You guys hit the nail on the head perfectly, very well put. I had some issues with my last Fox Farm grow (2nd grow ever) and even with the crazy leaf discoloration etc… still have a few oz of some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked. This is just for me. I’m not worried about perfection after seeing the end product of “pretty good”.

That’s why I’m here, found this helpful thread via searching for the soil. From reading & personal recommendations, I decided to try CoM with just the top dressing. Gonna let it roll however it happens and I’m certain it’ll be a fun harvest regardless.

My 4 seeds (Mango Smile, Strawberry Nuggets, Walter White, & a CBD OG Kush) sprouted 3 days ago. First time in 5 gallon pots. All looking good so far, but man there’s a ton of fungus gnats! (bought 2 bags from local garden shop… have yellow sticky traps up we’ll see how it goes)
I had gnats bad last grow in CoM, not so much this time, both bags bought at the same time. i see one every once in awhile. Haven't even had sticky's out the last month.
Good luck with your grow!

Back