Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Also that looks like a pretty sweet humidifier. might have to get me one of those :d5:
I really got tired of constantly filling my old humidifier, so I got this one. Holds 2.3 gal. and it has a small foot print. It does not have a heated mist option, but that's not a problem for me, cause I'm constantly fighting high temps in my tent anyhow.

Day 17 applied 1/2c of scheduled dry amendment, watered in about 1/2gallon afterwards. Topped yesterday
DE979053-6B7D-4B32-903F-104B63B6D77B.jpeg

Nothing too exciting here, but figured I'd post a quick update.

Day 11 since sprout for these guys.

Back left = Mango Smile (Mephisto)
Back right = Walter White (Mephisto)
Front left = Strawberry Nuggets (Mephisto)
Front right = CBD OG Kush (Error Seeds)

delete.jpg

In 5 gallon pots with CoM Stonington, with CoM Seedling Starter in about a solo cup sized portion in the middle of each. No added perlite or anything else.

Excited for this grow, my current/2nd ever grow, Forum Stomper (about day 70ish, in FoxFarm w/ FF trio nutes) is having the same issues as my prior grow where all leaves turn yellow/die off at this stage, but the buds aren't fully ready yet. The harvest turned out fine off last plant so not too stressed, just not sure if under-feeding, over-feeding (hard to believe that though), etc... very excited for this round with a couple of top-dressings and hopefully water-only aside from that this time around.

As soon as the current plant is done, these 4 ladies will go to the bigger tent and this small 2x2 becomes the drying tent again.

Still have a good deal of fungus gnats but seem to be fewer than before... hopefully that'll be done in a week or two!

PS - and I hope this is not too off topic for this thread (I’m only posting to show why I’m looking to switch soils in the first place) - this is what’s currently going on with my grow in FFOF/HF, FF Trio. Same stuff as my first grow, about day 70 here, about 5 days ago leaves started yellowing, and then boom 2-3 days later they’re crispy as heck and dying leaves. Buds don’t look ready yet, but I may be forced into an early harvest as I was last time around to try and avoid bud rot.

Only thing I can think of is the Ph of my water… comes out of the tap at about 7.9ish. I use Ph down to get it about 6.5… my only concern with this new CoM grow is whether or not to Ph that water any longer or if the Ph down is causing more harm than good!

Is anyone else PHing vs. not PHing water with their CoM grows? Anyone have tap coming out close to 8 and just leaving as-is?

(If this is off topic I will gladly delete)

5 days ago:

D04061F2-5CFB-47FB-A5A3-BCFF62D66A47.jpeg

Today (After pulling off most dead leaves:

903F0B49-9FB8-455E-B72E-BE343A5F8B5F.jpeg

Is anyone else PHing vs. not PHing water with their CoM grows? Anyone have tap coming out close to 8 and just leaving as-is?
Not PHing here but opposite side of the equation as I am using RO so I start with a more acidic water(5.5-5.8ish). I think it might be easier for in soil buffers to raise PH than it is to lower so a prePHing might still be needed in your case but honestly have 0 experience there. Maybe try RO, I like that regardless of locality RO should be relatively consistent on a well operating unit. So that could give us an easy recipe for success if water only with RO works. Your post was 100% on topic for this thread and contributes in the exact way That expands our collective knowledge as we can see how different approaches work:smokeout:. With such high PH I would reckon your water is relatively high in dissolved minerals(calcium etc.). Perhaps these minerals built up to cause lockout on that last grow.
also in a 5g bag definitely be prepared to do the reccomended top dressings, my unamended 5g plants ran out by day50

PS - and I hope this is not too off topic for this thread (I’m only posting to show why I’m looking to switch soils in the first place) - this is what’s currently going on with my grow in FFOF/HF, FF Trio. Same stuff as my first grow, about day 70 here, about 5 days ago leaves started yellowing, and then boom 2-3 days later they’re crispy as heck and dying leaves. Buds don’t look ready yet, but I may be forced into an early harvest as I was last time around to try and avoid bud rot.

Only thing I can think of is the Ph of my water… comes out of the tap at about 7.9ish. I use Ph down to get it about 6.5… my only concern with this new CoM grow is whether or not to Ph that water any longer or if the Ph down is causing more harm than good!

(If this is off topic I will gladly delete)

5 days ago:

Today (After pulling off most dead leaves:

Did u go full dose on the trio? Or light burn?
My water is around 7.9 also, I've always ph'd.

@Chuttin what is the starting ppm of your tap water? Do you have a water quality report for your tap water?

Mine is very high ppm 300+\- high ph 8.4 ,high alkalinity , high carbonate. I have not done any ph adjustment to my CoM DG that is in this thread. I use RO only currently but am going to be adding calmag and bennies to my RO water in my future grows. And also adjusting ph in my future grows

here is a good read that was given to me for my tap water.

Pictures of my anvil and Dosido in COM, day 75. I add Epsom salts, bokashi and have them mulched with straw. I always ph the water to 6.5 using aloe water that also contains organic lemon juice. Works pretty well.

Attachments

• 9CB22094-AEA0-4C22-8B21-88BF23B2DC96.jpeg
    9CB22094-AEA0-4C22-8B21-88BF23B2DC96.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 8B183E5F-F2D8-473C-8044-771DEA365047.jpeg
    8B183E5F-F2D8-473C-8044-771DEA365047.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 2A12B70F-69D5-484A-930B-E50EC4CD85CA.jpeg
    2A12B70F-69D5-484A-930B-E50EC4CD85CA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Did u go full dose on the trio? Or light burn?
My water is around 7.9 also, I've always ph'd.

Did a very light dose on the trio (I think I was maybe at 40% of the "full" dose last time I gave nutes... I've been doing water only for about 10 days though). I am starting to think this could be/have been a light burn issue the more I'm looking into it. I did have the light in the tent a little lower than usual, but had the dimmer down to about 60%. However it was the only plant in the tent at that time so maybe just too much light at once. Yesterday I raised the light up a good bit and left it dimmed, will see how it does.

@Chuttin what is the starting ppm of your tap water? Do you have a water quality report for your tap water?

Mine is very high ppm 300+\- high ph 8.4 ,high alkalinity , high carbonate. I have not done any ph adjustment to my CoM DG that is in this thread. I use RO only currently but am going to be adding calmag and bennies to my RO water in my future grows. And also adjusting ph in my future grows

here is a good read that was given to me for my tap water.

I don't have a PPM meter unfortunately, just a BlueLab Ph meter but no PPM. Was trying to avoid further purchases of a PPM meter and/or RO unit but, depending if this CoM grow exhibits similar issues (indicating it might be a water source if that's the only common denominator) I may have to do so.

My city puts out an annual water quality report and, by all accounts, the water is in good shape from what I can tell/read. It does say the average Ph is 7.7 (which is pretty consistent to what I'm getting out of the faucet) and has PPM/other metrics listed for each substance, but I don't see a "total" PPM figure (unless I just add up each individual once for each substance?)

I do know, that when I use Ph Down and get it to 6.5Ph, if I leave it sitting even for a few hours it starts to creep back up relatively quickly. Wondering if I just bite the bullet and get an RO system to ensure "clean" water (would also be able to stop buying distilled water for my humidifiers if I get that, at least!)

Back