Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

stretch. I think I’m noticing in my grow indica’s staying short and sativa’s wanting to be tall:shrug: no science behind it:toke:. Hopefully someone smarter then me will correct me:thanks:
That is typical for indicas and sativas.
Personally, I've been using the Bar Harbor blend for a couple years now. I prefer to have more control over what additives are used and to pay all that extra money for something that is only good for 30 days--no thanks. Also I've found I can get free delivery of Bar Harbor to local True Value store.

That is typical for indicas and sativas.
Personally, I've been using the Bar Harbor blend for a couple years now. I prefer to have more control over what additives are used and to pay all that extra money for something that is only good for 30 days--no thanks. Also I've found I can get free delivery of Bar Harbor to local True Value store.
Thanks for the rep @Dale's Proper Bud . FWIW, this is a reply I got From Cameron when I was first looking into Stonington and couldn't get it without paying an arm and a leg for it. "Order these three. Blend the Quoddy and Bar Harbor 50/50with a tablespoon of the STPF. Top dress with the STPF every 30 days." Stonington plant food, Lobster compost and Bar Harbor soil.

My 3g plants put out 2oz, 5g plant 5+ oz. Perhaps it’s the size pot your running, as I got those returns on my first and second grows with a slew of rookie mistakes. Got this 20g pot filled with CoM SB and it’s seemingly going to be a monster, this was direct planted into Stonington so while it is hot it won’t stunt them for sure(I usually start in starter mix but pulled this one early after germ and direct planted)

pot
:size:

Not the pot size in my case, my last grow was 7 gal, and this one 5 gal.
I got 2 1/2 oz per plant last grow. I'm referring to plant height in my post.

referring to plant height
While it is plausible I really don’t think the soil is causing a restricted height
Fastbuds blackberry in a 3g from my 1st grow
5D281C6F-435C-41D9-BB10-47B4241E4C07.png

Knowing your water source is a key factor when growing IMO. A EC/TDS meter is a good investment to have for growing IMO. i think you can get away with cheap tds meter. Even when using RO i can tell when my membranes are going bad and need replacing :d5:

Thanks for the words of wisdom... I got a cheap EC meter from Amazon a couple days ago (have a nicer Ph pen but as you said it seems the cheap EC meters do the job). Water from my tap seems to be anywhere from 80ish-115 or so. That seems pretty good to me from what I've read. Ph, though, is still about 7.9 so I think I'm still going to us Ph Down for this grow to get around 6.5ish.

I've barely watered these girls (aside from initial misting/light waters when they were seedlings) as the pots seem to stay heavy forever. Bottom watered about 4 days ago (because I put a bunch of diatomaceous earth on top for the damn gnats, wanted to leave that to dry). Still pretty heavy as of yesterday... first time growing in 5gallon vs. 3 gallon, so I know that's a part of it, and also first time without any extra perlite but man this soil seems to hold water forever.

I'm on day 18/19 here and think I'm going to do a moderate watering tonight with Recharge for the first time. Sticking to CoM's schedule, in 3 days or so it'll be due for the first top dressing and subsequent watering too (hopefully it's somewhat dry by then!)

Three out of the 4 plants seem to be doing great - the front left (Strawberry Nuggets) looks healthy, just super small in comparison to the other ladies.

Thinking about topping the larger two in the next couple of days here too before starting LST.

IMG_3863.jpg

My girls are 8 weeks old today. They are by far the healthiest looking plants I've grown to this point.
Heights are 16", 17" and 21"
This will be the first time I am in no hurry for harvest, as I am hoping the buds fatten up a lot more.

20220412_161014.jpg

20220412_161030.jpg

20220412_161048.jpg

20220412_161053.jpg

20220412_161058.jpg

20220412_161155.jpg

While it is plausible I really don’t think the soil is causing a restricted height
I have no idea what is the reason. Last two grows, the plants were small. Either way, I'm still heading in the right direction as far as healthy looking plants.
I still wonder about adding both feeds together and getting a slight Nitro toxicity right before the stretch time, which then never happened.

Hey guys,
I now have started getting brown spots on the cola leaves, which I think is calcium deficiency. Ya think it's to late to use some cal-mag (8 1/2 wks), this late in the grow?

Back