Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Alright friends it has been a while since I posted.

I have two plants currently growing in the CoM soil, and one germinated baby that I popped into the soil a few days ago. The larger of my two plants is showing calmag issues among other issues, and the smaller plant looks pretty healthy. Any advice?

Other than that they are both doing well and growing really healthy. Absolutely no complaints and I think CoM will be my go to for soil and nutes from now on. Also some natural fade on the lower leaves, but its no worry to me.

Ph 6.3
DLI=30-40
VPD = 1.0
Feed= According to schedule
Water= As needed

My gnat infestation has not gone away, but I have caught several on the traps and thankfully it does not seem like they have done any harm to the plants, but they definitely may be eating the roots. I have decided I will not worry about the gnats for now, and hopefully at the end of this run when I let the soil sit and dry out, any gnats will die.

I have also used recharge and hydro guard for a few watering's since I have those sitting around.
The one with calcium issues, did you give her both feeds at week 5/6? The fishbone has 18% calcium. You didnt mention her age?

The one with calcium issues, did you give her both feeds at week 5/6? The fishbone has 18% calcium. You didnt mention her age?

I gave the 2nd veg feed week 5, and the first flower feed week 6. The plant with issues is around 68 days from seed, and has been in flower for around 20-30 days, but I don't have my grow journal handy atm so I cant be 100% sure on EXACT days. I will say that I noticed the issues popping up around a week ago, but it was very subtle. It has worsened a lot the past couple days, but appears to have increased little if at all since yesterday. I had meant to make a post when I noticed the first signs, but it slipped my mind by the time I was out of my lung room.

I gave the 2nd veg feed week 5, and the first flower feed week 6. The plant with issues is around 68 days from seed, and has been in flower for around 20-30 days, but I don't have my grow journal handy atm so I cant be 100% sure on EXACT days. I will say that I noticed the issues popping up around a week ago, but it was very subtle. It has worsened a lot the past couple days, but appears to have increased little if at all since yesterday. I had meant to make a post when I noticed the first signs, but it slipped my mind by the time I was out of my lung room.
Somewhere in this thread I had posted when I started getting that issue. I have since gave them cal-mag twice. I still have the spots, but cant say its bad.
My 2nd Bloom feeding in week 8 is when my issue started, I just assumed it was because I strayed from the schedule and used Dr Earth Flower Girl in place of CoM Fish Bone Meal, I wanted more potassium. 3-9-4 vs 5-13-0
I been lucky this grow with the gnats, never seen more then one at a watering. But yesterday I seen three, so out came the stickys for the first time in 5-6 weeks.

Last edited:
Wondering if the “water only” soils are designed to run out sooner than what one would think? Mine has been heavily amended from the first grow and have had less issues. So many variables to consider. I do enjoy the mad scientist aspect of growing.

Wondering if the “water only” soils are designed to run out sooner than what one would think? Mine has been heavily amended from the first grow and have had less issues. So many variables to consider. I do enjoy the mad scientist aspect of growing.
I know what you mean. A lot of feeding schedules start in week one for soil, totally disregarding the 30 day rule (5 gal pot). Even though they are assuming your using their own super soil. Two examples I can think of right off the top of my head, FoxFarm and Dr Earth.

Planned Obsolesce or Marketing ploy? I suspect somewhere in the middle.

I have decent Results growing Auto-flowers on my second run.

Only a few purple stems popped up and I fixed those issues easily. I added 3 tablespoons ( 1 each) seabird guano, green sunshine company bloom and recharge to a 5 gallon pot and let it cook for two weeks before planting.

After planting, I added EWC (1/4) cup, 1 tsp seabird Guano per plant going into the 4th and 6th week of flower.

I added 1 tsp of Epsom salts and green coconut water at every other watering, mixing that into 1 gallon of water.

Keep tinkering with it.. Mimosa netted some where around 5 ounces. Dosido produced 2 ounces.. (meh). The anvil is still rocking at day 98… she is a heavy producer.. easily will top 6 ounces..

I document everything, watch this run totally fail..

Last edited:
wk 10,
I'm at roughly 50/50 cloudy/clear. Still popping pistils, I don't know when these girls will be done.
I also had to bring out the zapper.
Came home from work today and the wife is now trying to muscle in on my dam hobby, telling me how she had to adjust the fan cause she was concerned about the temps in the tent, and she adjusted my humidifier, why do I feel like it's now "our" humidifier. I finally have a healthy looking grow and I got to share the glory? BS.

Attachments

• 20220427_211535.jpg
    20220427_211535.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20220428_185940.jpg
    20220428_185940.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20220428_185952.jpg
    20220428_185952.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Well Folks that's all she wrote for this one Mephisto Double grape 80 Days above ground CoM soil water only with a little calmag added at the end. Harvested today at lights on 4/28/22. Trichome pictures were from yesterday. mostly cloudy with some amber in spots. 90% of hairs have turned and she didn't seem to be getting any fatter. so :tang::woohoo1:

IMG_5114.JPG
IMG_5053.JPG
IMG_5059.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
IMG_5051.JPG
IMG_5052.JPG
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5049.JPG

Well Folks that's all she wrote for this one Mephisto Double grape 80 Days above ground CoM soil water only with a little calmag added at the end. Harvested today at lights on 4/28/22. Trichome pictures were from yesterday. mostly cloudy with some amber in spots. 90% of hairs have turned and she didn't seem to be getting any fatter. so :tang::woohoo1:
Just got my Double Grape seeds on Monday for my next adventure. I like them bud colors. What lights do you use and what % and height?

Just got my Double Grape seeds on Monday for my next adventure. I like them bud colors. What lights do you use and what % and height?
Oh boy :rofl: well that's still a learning process there. I start my plants in my 3x3x6 with 2 bestva 100w full spec led grow lights. Then move them into my 5x5x6 that has a 600w bar style led that i am running at <500w. I am limited on height I grow in my basement. i trying to get my timing of when to move them and get my veg lighting where i want it. I have the lights in both my tents at their max heights and have been adjusting my dimmer down. The plants seem to like it better. I also have switched to 18/6 recently and going to stay there. If i missed anything @Badfinger feel free to PM me and we can chat in there.

P.S. i have been using the Photone app with full spec led unlocked on Iphone 11 the DG i ran 42 DLI at the pot by the start of week 3 my lighting has not been the same. trying to find the ideal spot i had lighting issues of all it :wall::rofl:

P.S.S.:crying:You'll love the double grape i've grown it three times now all have came out similar. nice easy grow I would like to say go easy on the N with it seems all them have gotten dark green easily especially late in flower. Journal it and tag me

Back