Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Hey there!

I'm new to growing, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Currently I have two Meph freebie’s in a 5 gal fabric pot with CoM soil(w/ 20% perlite added) on the bottom and biobizz light mix on top. I have one plant on day 10 and the other on day 7.
Watering with distilled water(using a home distillation machine) pH ~6.7. Led lights DLI-17(older plant) and 12-13(younger plant). Temp 70, rh ~65, last I checked my VPD was in the targeted range.

To combat the gnats people mentioned for the second watering(after transplant from red solo’s) I used the mosquito nibs and allowed them to sit in the water for 30-45 mins andhave used that to water them, with no I’ll effects to note. I can’t wait for week 3, so I can give them their first STPF amendment, super sometimes for this actually!

I would like thank everyone in this thread that’s posted and shared their experience!
Welcome to the thread, and welcome to AFN. If you run into any hiccups, just give a yell. I have never had any experience with biobizz, so I don't know how that works with dry amendments.

Welcome to the thread, and welcome to AFN. If you run into any hiccups, just give a yell. I have never had any experience with biobizz, so I don't know how that works with dry amendments.
@Badfinger thank you! Well I’m happy to be the canary! I used it because it was suggested by Mephisto for starting the seeds, and they suggested the tiered soil. The light mix is peat based so I think it should work with dry amendments.

@Badfinger thank you! Well I’m happy to be the canary! I used it because it was suggested by Mephisto for starting the seeds, and they suggested the tiered soil. The light mix is peat based so I think it should work with dry amendments.
The main thing a few of us come upon using the CoM line (and especially since your using distilled water), just keep an eye out for mineral deficiency's. I had to do a couple epsom salt treatments over the length of my grow, and I had to do one cal-mag treatment late in my grow. Just watch your leaves, and if anything concerns you, post a pic, there's a lot of knowledge to be shared by the AFN community.

The main thing a few of us come upon using the CoM line (and especially since your using distilled water), just keep an eye out for mineral deficiency's. I had to do a couple epsom salt treatments over the length of my grow, and I had to do one cal-mag treatment late in my grow. Just watch your leaves, and if anything concerns you, post a pic, there's a lot of knowledge to be shared by the AFN community.
@Badfinger thank you for that. I noticed some people mentioning that in the thread. I'm approaching week two from germination on Monday, I was wondering if I should begin adding ~22g/gal of Epsom Salt to get the 50-60 PPM. Thoughts on adding it in the seedling stage or should I wait until week 3 and add it with 1st round of dry amendments?

The main thing a few of us come upon using the CoM line (and especially since your using distilled water), just keep an eye out for mineral deficiency's.
:yeahthat:
I had to do one cal-mag treatment late in my grow. Just watch your leaves, and if anything concerns you, post a pic, there's a lot of knowledge to be shared by the AFN community.

:yeahthat: I have started adding 50-60 PPM NPK RAW calmag 1.625g per 5 gallons of RO water. Every watering starting around week 3-4.

Mephisto Double Grape is in the books 81 days from sprout to harvest 46.36g:woohoo1::toke:. RO water only until the last few weeks when deficiency started showing. Then just a very small amount of RAW calmag was added every watering (50-60ppm). Pretty simple grow with some nice buds. next round is already looking better after a couple adjustments to feed schedule :cooldance: :headbang:

image-jpg.1455914
image-jpg.1455913
image-jpg.1455918
image-jpg.1455920

@Badfinger thank you for that. I noticed some people mentioning that in the thread. I'm approaching week two from germination on Monday, I was wondering if I should begin adding ~22g/gal of Epsom Salt to get the 50-60 PPM. Thoughts on adding it in the seedling stage or should I wait until week 3 and add it with 1st round of dry amendments?
I used 1 tsp per gal. and my plants got a slight nitrogen toxicity, so I went 1/2 tsp every two weeks. 22gr. seems like a large amount.

Back