Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

Just something to keep in mind guys. i've been going with the theory that there is no way not enough nutes (deficient) in the pot but more than likely too much at this stage of the game. i am sticking to the CoM schedule hoping they have done their research when they built soil. i have this printed and pinned on wall and always looks at this first before making any decisions. i think my discoloration is from watering practices.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg

Just something to keep in mind guys. i've been going with the theory that there is no way not enough nutes (deficient) in the pot but more than likely too much at this stage of the game. i am sticking to the CoM schedule hoping they have done their research when they built soil. i have this printed and pinned on wall and always looks at this first before making any decisions. i think my discoloration is from watering practices.

2021-01-23_16-05-01.jpg
yea, at this point I plan on sticking to the schedule.

Alright I need to get some work done, but I just came out of my garden and decided to make a quick update :smoking: . Everything is going well so far. I checked my notes and today my plant is 12 days from sprout. I feel its worth mentioning that of all the cannabis plants I've grown (5 total including this one) this one has by far been the smallest. My first two plants were about 2-3 times the size at this age. The plant looks healthy otherwise(if anything it seems like it needs some N but it could be lockout as another suggested.). I was planning on making a 2 week update, but I don't think there will be much to update unless the plant has a huge growth spurt. For reference, my plant is now about a 1/4 inch taller than my one week picture, and is starting to develop the 2nd set of true leaves. I was also planning on topping, but the ways things are looking with plant size currently(I know it definitely could change in the next week) I probably won't be topping. Also would like to mention my gnat problem doesn't seem to have got any worse :woohoo::woohoo1:

One thing I have noticed on a vast majority of pic's from folks using CoM soil, self included, is that light green color between the leaf veins. Which mimics a possible magnesium deficiency.
I wonder if this soil should be supplemented with a bit of Epsom salt. But I don't know if Epsom salt can be added during a grow, or if it needs to be added before the grow. And then to know the right amount as to not lockout calcium. Or I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, is always a good possibility.
I mentioned this in my conversation with Dylan from CoM, and his reply was to just use the SPF (Stonington Blend Plant Food) through out the grow.
You can add 1 tbl spoon of Epsom salts to a gallon of warm water or add 1/2 a tablespoon to the soil. It allows the plant to uptake more NPK. Plants love it.

Alright I need to get some work done, but I just came out of my garden and decided to make a quick update :smoking: . Everything is going well so far. I checked my notes and today my plant is 12 days from sprout. I feel its worth mentioning that of all the cannabis plants I've grown (5 total including this one) this one has by far been the smallest. My first two plants were about 2-3 times the size at this age. The plant looks healthy otherwise(if anything it seems like it needs some N but it could be lockout as another suggested.). I was planning on making a 2 week update, but I don't think there will be much to update unless the plant has a huge growth spurt. For reference, my plant is now about a 1/4 inch taller than my one week picture, and is starting to develop the 2nd set of true leaves. I was also planning on topping, but the ways things are looking with plant size currently(I know it definitely could change in the next week) I probably won't be topping. Also would like to mention my gnat problem doesn't seem to have got any worse :woohoo::woohoo1:
We're all growing different strains, so your small plant could just be genetics. But on a side note, with my previous grow's, my runt at the seedling stage, always turned out to be my best plant. And my best looking seedling's always turned out to be a head scratching pain in the butt.

Well the two-tone green is here, just like my last grow, and stems are starting to get red. I have read the Ca to Mg ratio should be anywhere from 2:1 to 4:1 for erb, I seriously think it's a Mg deficiency. These girls are only 15 days old.
And this round I would like to nip it in the butt before my plants look like my last grow. To error on the side of caution, I'm going to give them 1 teaspoon per gal, instead of the 1 tablespoon per gallon recommended, just incase I'm wrong.
If I see any improvement, I will work some sort of Epsom salt regiment into the grow.
I really wish my state required a much more thorough water report, it would help get a much more accurate picture of my Ca to Mg amounts. They only have to report their test results for dangerous elements, and no info about mineral amounts or any of the good stuff.

20220302_212703.jpg

20220302_212713.jpg

i'm seeing something going with mine too @Badfinger keep us posted how the plant responds to the ES. :pop: :toke: :pass:

Mephisto Double grape Day 24

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

just a little light training happening to help one of the lower branches out from under the canopy

IMG_4213.jpg

i'm seeing something going with mine too @Badfinger keep us posted how the plant responds to the ES. :pop: :toke: :pass:
I certainly will.
I need to get this figured out before I add the fishbone meal in 4 weeks, which has 18% Ca. Then my Ca to Mg ratio is really gonna be out of whack. In 6 days I add the first feeding of the SPF, that has a 4:1 Ca/Mg ratio. But that will take a few weeks to break down.

Back