Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

My Orange Sherbet's are 10 days old, These things are serious fast growers IMO. Am a little concerned the trunk is not bulky enough to keep up with the amount of vegetation shooting out of them. I have had the oscillating fan going from day one, but they keep trying to lay over from top weight.

20220225_045956.jpg

20220225_045845.jpg

20220225_045850.jpg

Yes, as I said in the post, I have had a fan on them since day one.
“Am a little concerned the trunk is not bulky enough to keep up with the amount of vegetation shooting out of them”

@Badfinger I had that problem when I under watered. Now that I water the whole pot when I do water I don’t seem to have that problem. My theory was the soil got to dry and loose. Just my two cents

When that happened to me I used some training wire and made a support stand for the trunk. Also added some more soil on top for added stability.

“Am a little concerned the trunk is not bulky enough to keep up with the amount of vegetation shooting out of them”

@Badfinger I had that problem when I under watered. Now that I water the whole pot when I do water I don’t seem to have that problem. My theory was the soil got to dry and loose. Just my two cents

When that happened to me I used some training wire and made a support stand for the trunk. Also added some more soil on top for added stability.
My normal routine is to use a spray bottle to water in the first two weeks, around the base of the plant. But this strain seems very top heavy, after a week they look like their 2-3 weeks old.

My normal routine is to use a spray bottle to water in the first two weeks, around the base of the plant. But this strain seems very top heavy, after a week they look like their 2-3 weeks old.
Yeah she definitely looks older then that lol. Looks good. :toke: :pass:

Day 18 above ground. I moved the autopots to the big girl tent since there is plenty of room without the bubblegum queen in there. I'm gonna leave the CoM double grape in the 3x3 to give her plenty of room until the others finish up.

IMG_4166.jpg

I decided to do minimal training on her and but instead gave her a haircut today :rofl: :pop:

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4163.jpg

One thing I have noticed on a vast majority of pic's from folks using CoM soil, self included, is that light green color between the leaf veins. Which mimics a possible magnesium deficiency.
I wonder if this soil should be supplemented with a bit of Epsom salt. But I don't know if Epsom salt can be added during a grow, or if it needs to be added before the grow. And then to know the right amount as to not lockout calcium. Or I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, is always a good possibility.
I mentioned this in my conversation with Dylan from CoM, and his reply was to just use the SPF (Stonington Blend Plant Food) through out the grow.

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed on a vast majority of pic's from folks using CoM soil, self included, is that light green color between the leaf veins. Which mimics a possible manganese deficiency.
I wonder if this soil should be supplemented with a bit of Epsom salt. But I don't know if Epsom salt can be added during a grow, or if it needs to be added before the grow. And then to know the right amount as to not lockout calcium. Or I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, is always a good possibility.
I mentioned this in my conversation with Dylan from CoM, and his reply was to just use the SPF (Stonington Blend Plant Food) through out the grow.

Yea, my plant is much smaller than the two you guys have posted so far, but I'm right with you on the strange color on the leaves.. My leaves also look a lot more yellow than they should IMO but we will have to see. I believe my plant is on day 9-11. I'll have to check my notes. When I get another couple nodes I will start doing LST, and possibly top. This plant is pretty small for 11 days though(my smallest yet) but it looks decent other than that so hopefully its just shooting roots. I'll decide about topping around the time I do the first top dress.

Back