Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

I'm also one week in, and have the gnats. They just come with soil growing. I got them with every brand I've tried.

I've heard this from so many people and it's honestly what deterred me from soil growing in the first place. I'm not one to back down from a challenge though so this will be a fun learning experience. Plus I will say its extremely nice not having to water 1-2x a day everyday like in coco.

I've heard this from so many people and it's honestly what deterred me from soil growing in the first place. I'm not one to back down from a challenge though so this will be a fun learning experience. Plus I will say its extremely nice not having to water 1-2x a day everyday like in coco.
There is a ton of things you can buy and try for the gnats. I am just using stickies right now, I wont do anything else til my plants are bigger. Then maybe one or two treatments of mosquito dunks/bits.

I'm also one week in, and have the gnats. They just come with soil growing. I got them with every brand I've tried.
:yeahthat:. @narmohare If you only have 3 that's pretty good!! i always see gnats around just control them with sticky traps. now if when you water and you see lots of them coming out of the soil then i would worry. In that case not sure what to do i only dealt with that once and it wasn't fun.

Also was thinking about this thread today and will be posting pics of mine from my phone in a little while. i did my first top dress with the CoM plant food 5-2-4 last night. I'm middle of week three by my calculations.

There is a ton of things you can buy and try for the gnats. I am just using stickies right now, I wont do anything else til my plants are bigger. Then maybe one or two treatments of mosquito dunks/bits.
:yeahthat:. Didn't see the next page :baked:

Looks like I'll be ordering sticky traps and nematodes.

:yeahthat:. @narmohare If you only have 3 that's pretty good!! i always see gnats around just control them with sticky traps. now if when you water and you see lots of them coming out of the soil then i would worry. In that case not sure what to do i only dealt with that once and it wasn't fun.

Also was thinking about this thread today and will be posting pics of mine from my phone in a little while. i did my first top dress with the CoM plant food 5-2-4 last night. I'm middle of week three by my calculations.

Thank you for the reassurance. I was a bit worried because I didn't know if it was one of those situations where if you see it then its already too late. I'll be buying sticky traps and nematodes to hopefully help sort this out.

Fungus gnats suck, I use the yellow sticky traps and make sure my plants are dry before watering. I always use a small clip on fan as well, blow those little shits around. My second COM grow is going well. I topped dressed at day 21, Tsp boost, Tsp COM organics and Tsp Sea bird guano. ( second run for this soil, used Dr. Earth for a refresh) my opinion organics take about 2

Attachments

• B57A21CE-EC3E-4EDB-9B0C-01E70EAF3B05.jpeg
    B57A21CE-EC3E-4EDB-9B0C-01E70EAF3B05.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • 5DC340FD-969D-4C33-9739-85F6576AEF7D.jpeg
    5DC340FD-969D-4C33-9739-85F6576AEF7D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Thank you for the reassurance. I was a bit worried because I didn't know if it was one of those situations where if you see it then its already too late. I'll be buying sticky traps and nematodes to hopefully help sort this out.
If going the predatory insects way look into nature’s good guy mantids I’ve heard good thing about them. Available on Amazon

I also use a bug zapper. I been bouncing around the idea of trying the nematodes.

Last edited:
Update time. CoM Experiment Day 13-14 yesterday was water day and also somewhere around week 3. beginning middle end however you wanna look at it :shrug: . so it was time for the first top dress of CoM plant food 5-2-4 1/4 cup for my 5 gal pot.:toke:

Yesterday:

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

Today:

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

Back