Outdoor Co-planting for camouflage - what plants?

Reaction score
Here there AFN amigos and amigas!

Thinking about my plans for next spring. Will start indoors under lights, then outside. But have house-mate around. So, need some camouflage co-planting, at least for the first maybe 2-3 weeks.

What is a good non-canna plant to co-plant with that will provide some nice camouflage?

I just want to maybe start the co-plants, can say "It's such-and-such", then continue with my canna seedlings, and they'll just be none the wiser.

I did some research ( meaning -- I Googled...)
But would like to hear some AFN experience.

Thanks!

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

Sup gurlie!! I used to grow these
image.jpeg
and heres a link ..they kinda look like canna,okay they really look like canna. https://www.google.com/search?q=false+aralia&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Hmm...the only companion camoflauging plants i have personally used are naturally occurring plants that conceal the plants into a natural setting. My favorite are black raspberry bushes. They not only conceal the plant with a similar profile, but the also cut the shit out of anyone trying to get through them. Another I used before is giant hog weed, which is ultra poisonous and has a similar profile to herb plants. Anyone in the know steers clear of hog weed. I could see ground dwelling juniper bushes making exceptional cover for heavily LST'd photos or Autos, but the ground they grow in is acidic so pots would have to be used or ground treated.

Last edited:
In order for full concealment I would get a thin leafed plant that could be manipulated around the herb plant to give it an odd appearance. Or longer thin grasses that could fully conceal the plans but still allow light to get through, or simply divert attention away from the small pot plants.

Hmm but after rereading your thread I think it might be wise to just plant a small varied veggie garden with a variety of different foods. Sometimes the best concealment is hiding them in total plain site. Having them nice and evenly spaced with tomatoes, hot peppers and other veggie plants, pot in their young stage can look just perfectly in place. Try to find herbs that will work for both similar appearance and for free spice for your dinners too!

Really just brainstorming here!! It would all come down to timing as pot often grows bigger and faster than most veggie plants.

In order for full concealment I would get a thin leafed plant that could be manipulated around the herb plant to give it an odd appearance. Or longer thin grasses that could fully conceal the plans but still allow light to get through, or simply divert attention away from the small pot plants.

Hmm but after rereading your thread I think it might be wise to just plant a small varied veggie garden with a variety of different foods. Sometimes the best concealment is hiding them in total plain site. Having them nice and evenly spaced with tomatoes, hot peppers and other veggie plants, pot in their young stage can look just perfectly in place. Try to find herbs that will work for both similar appearance and for free spice for your dinners too!

Really just brainstorming here!! It would all come down to timing as pot often grows bigger and faster than most veggie plants.

thanks for your brains, gro bro!
cause i just want some cover for a couple of weeks,
probably spread around a bunch of plants will be okay.
mints also have serrated edges, too, i guess.
and tomatoes, yeah.

i'll plant the camo first, then the ganja.

oh, wow! gonna find me some of these online, haha!
hope they can grow from seed.

thank you!!!!!!

amazon can send seeds.
but, these look like they're little bushes / shrubs.
may take some time for them to grow big enough to show their shape.

let me check this out further...

thanks!

thanks for your brains, gro bro!
cause i just want some cover for a couple of weeks,
probably spread around a bunch of plants will be okay.
mints also have serrated edges, too, i guess.
and tomatoes, yeah.

i'll plant the camo first, then the ganja.

Hey no problem...sort of useless info I guess as we are literally worlds away in regards to plant life. Have you considered growing Auo Frisian Duck from DP? The stealth leaves looks closer to elongated maple leaves much more than the typical canna leaves. When they are young, the leaves look almost nothing like typical weed leaves.

Hey no problem...sort of useless info I guess as we are literally worlds away in regards to plant life. Have you considered growing Auo Frisian Duck from DP? The stealth leaves looks closer to elongated maple leaves much more than the typical canna leaves. When they are young, the leaves look almost nothing like typical weed leaves.
Good call on that one 912. A few other ideas would be to train the plants to stay low..cut the leaves to "not" look like canna by rounding the leaf shape( if that makes sense) or attatch fake or real flowers to rhe plants to draw attention away from the tell tale shape of the plant/leaves...

Back