Cloning Autoflowers

This time round took about 20 cuts. This during a watering and deleafing/lollipopping round late one night earlier on this weeks. Had a very intense work week, so ended up forgetting about them. Like, honestly, I've been in the room a few times to check on the girls and was simply blind to the cup full of cuts :face:

In any case, they're still looking great despite being cut and ignored for 4 or 5 days.

I have an evil plan brewing … I'll keep you posted.

Mental note. The dehumidifier could use a clean

eWJREba.jpg

Right, so I got this little cheapo propagator in Ikea a few years ago. I had GREAT success using a little ultrasonic mister instead of airstones. It ceates a HUGE mist that even filled the top part. So max h20 and air combo, plus no need to go in and mist the leaves.Sweet right? … would be but the ultrasonic thingy quit life :face: so back to pump and airstone.

Ikea is closed due to covid, so had to improvise some plugs.

fgKW229.jpg

e5N4wtT.jpg

Lsi04cJ.jpg

$%#$&"&"$%/"%&W"

T8hc25b.jpg

Gave them a quick dunk in Clonex, water is half bottled half tap water, dash of Superthrive and Roots Excelurator.

Lets see what happens
_

Attachments

• photo_2020-05-10_15-15-29.jpg
    photo_2020-05-10_15-15-29.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 39
Right, so I got this little cheapo propagator in Ikea a few years ago. I had GREAT success using a little ultrasonic mister instead of airstones. It ceates a HUGE mist that even filled the top part. So max h20 and air combo, plus no need to go in and mist the leaves.Sweet right? … would be but the ultrasonic thingy quit life :face: so back to pump and airstone.

Ikea is closed due to covid, so had to improvise some plugs.

fgKW229.jpg

e5N4wtT.jpg

Lsi04cJ.jpg

$%#$&"&"$%/"%&W"

T8hc25b.jpg

Gave them a quick dunk in Clonex, water is half bottled half tap water, dash of Superthrive and Roots Excelurator.

Lets see what happens
_

Are these autos?

Cloning autos is nothing new. Many people, including me have tried it with success.
But you have to have a clear aim in mind when you attempt it. If your purpose is to increase your yield you are doomed to fail, because the clones have the same age and ticking clock like the mother, the vegging time will be very small and therefore the new plant will be small with minimal production.
If your aim is to produce seeds (feminised preferably by turning some of the clones to male and pollinating the rest), then making clones of autos is the best choice. Even a tiny clone can produce enough seeds for many grows.
If you choose to clone you must choose strains that branch a lot, with long branches and a known long veg period, to increase your chances of success. Sativa leaning strains are naturally more inclined to cloning and therefore have a higher success rate. I personally have succeeded cloning Green Crack, Lemon AK and Six Shooter by Fast Buds. Some of the female clones have been big enough to be taller and wider than dwarf strains like 60day Lemon and produce over 10 grams of bud, seeded but enjoyable to smoke.
Well you don't lose anything to try. If you don't experiment and have an open mind, growing any kind of plant will have only a limited success. You must overrun the norms to achieve the productivity that plants can reach.
If your aim is to have many seeds without minimising your bud yields, then clones are the only viable way. You don't waste your bud producing plants for seed production (a seeded plant has at least 30% less bud production, since a parthenocarpic fruit can get much bigger than a pollinated fruit that stops growing and affects the whole plant by absorbing nutrients with priority) and also even a small clone can produce enough seeds for many grows.

If your purpose is to increase your yield you are doomed to fail, because the clones have the same age and ticking clock like the mother, the vegging time will be very small and therefore the new plant will be small with minimal production.
It seems like the new info refutes this part. According to Tara/cbd.irie talking about cloning autos on the Autoflower Podcast and Cheap Home Grow, her 5th or 6th generations of clones were still in veg after the first had already been harvested. She stressed that you need to get the timing right when taking clones, it needs to be when the side branches are substantial enough for cuttings but before flowering has started, but then the "clock" (which is likely hormonal) can get reset.

I don't know if I can link to it, but it's Autoflower Podscast episode 14.

It seems like the new info refutes this part. According to Tara/cbd.irie talking about cloning autos on the Autoflower Podcast and Cheap Home Grow, her 5th or 6th generations of clones were still in veg after the first had already been harvested. She stressed that you need to get the timing right when taking clones, it needs to be when the side branches are substantial enough for cuttings but before flowering has started, but then the "clock" (which is likely hormonal) can get reset.

I don't know if I can link to it, but it's Autoflower Podscast episode 14.

Sure you can! Drop the link, I'd love to hear it. Though I suspect that will not work across all autos, if true it will for sure be strain dependent.
_

Last edited:
Back