Cloning Autoflowers

@Groff
So here is a picture of some male clones I threw into my DYI cloner on the weekend.
They are all male cuttings from 4 week old indica/rudy plants (autos by definition).
Notice how in the picture attached, one is full of balls and ready to open.

I'm cloning males just for shitz and giggles,.
But after reading your post, and being an amature breader.
I can see some value in postponing the males from opening their pollen sacs.
One main reason being, waiting on which is the best female to breed with???, amongst my 400 plants?
Yes, pollen can be stored fresh etc,..etc...

But I have found that if you want to see the real nature (strengths and weaknesses) of a plant,...wait until flower.
This is where you can weed out the best from the rest.
And this holds true for pollen between several males in a period of days as well.
male clone.jpg

@Builder0101
@Hypathetical Gardener
So once roots appear on these male clones.
What do we throw at them?

I need to mention that these clones are not being given any supplemental light.
The cloner is on a dresser 6 feet from a window that faces south.( In my living room).

Light is the key. Try and get more light on them if you can once you transplant.

Light is the key. Try and get more light on them if you can once you transplant.
yeah, I've found rooting success is largely based on absence of light while in the cloner.
As you say, once transplated its the catchup game.
This would be true for photos. (autos??).
These male clones already have pollen sacs, which tells me the females of the group are roughly 10-14 behind in flower.
The females are in the tent right now.

You got it going on! Congratulations. you are half way there.

Black paper is good for collecting pollen. Shake those pods a couple times a day once they start to pop. Bag and freeze it. Then shower and change clothes b4 you play with the girls.

Black paper is good for collecting pollen. Shake those pods a couple times a day once they start to pop. Bag and freeze it. Then shower and change clothes b4 you play with the girls.

When I do a seed run, its for a couple of hundred seeds, no female is spared:drool::muahaha:
I shake'm over aluminium foil, and collect with a plastic scraper.
Once I get my share of pollen, I fold the foil and place in a quality freezer bag.
Dry rice is my desicant of choice.
I like Qtips & dollar general cheap paint brushes to dab the females.
Both are kept in the freezer bag with the pollen.
Once the pollenation is done, plants are removed from the tent for an hour or so to clean the tent inside, with lights and all with a bleach sol'n.

Last edited:
@Builder0101
@Hypathetical Gardener
So once roots appear on these male clones.
What do we throw at them?

I need to mention that these clones are not being given any supplemental light.
The cloner is on a dresser 6 feet from a window that faces south.( In my living room).
Ive only played with cloning in that i dipped it in aloe and stuck in soil. Left it in my main tent. 1/5 stayed alive and i killed it a few weeks later as it was only a proof of concept to me. It can be done. Im just nit the one to ask. I personally dont clone. I just cs one branch on a plant and leave it on the plant when im making crosses.

Multiple paint jobs over several days or longer?
Plants are putting out pistils all the time.

When I do a seed run, its for a couple of hundred seeds, no female is spared:drool::muahaha:
I shake'm over aluminium foil, and collect with a plastic scraper.
Once I get my share of pollen, I fold the foil and place in a quality freezer bag.
Dry rice is my desicant of choice.
I like Qtips & dollar general cheap paint brushes to dab the females.
Both are kept in the freezer bag with the pollen.
Once the pollenation is done, plants are removed from the tent for an hour or so to clean the tent inside, with lights and all with a bleach sol'n.
You can send me some. LOL. Go big or...

Back