Cloning Autoflowers

I have so many main cola sites. I took cuttings primarily to help her out as she is going to crowd herself. Oh and my new LST method. Nothing new but it works great. My issue was you can only spread them so much in fabric port and the sides pull in further restricting ability to spread. Works great!

Attachments

• 20200415_164142.jpg
    20200415_164142.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200415_144702.jpg
    20200415_144702.jpg
    688.3 KB · Views: 132
Funny you should mention that @Builder0101 … I've come up with an idea to "tweak" LST training recently, that should work particularly well for autos, I'll be experimenting in my current grow. If the plan works out as I envision it, will be quite cool

For some reason, I never got along with fabric pots. Nor airpots for that matter. Did quite a few crops with both, but I guess that in my humble indoor garden it just didn't gel well. I love the idea of them though
_

Funny you should mention that @Builder0101 … I've come up with an idea to "tweak" LST training recently, that should work particularly well for autos, I'll be experimenting in my current grow. If the plan works out as I envision it, will be quite cool

For some reason, I never got along with fabric pots. Nor airpots for that matter. Did quite a few crops with both, but I guess that in my humble indoor garden it just didn't gel well. I love the idea of them though
_

Not sure if this link works. Love the idea if the clear totes. Dont need an overflow drain. Just add a few inches of water every few days. I'd do 3 gallon pots Instead of one liter. great sip. No lines. Can turn totes to access plants...

66048d4c-43a7-4781-807e-6f61200d3bd3-jpeg.1179334 (1489×2000)

Not sure if this link works. Love the idea if the clear totes. Dont need an overflow drain. Just add a few inches of water every few days. I'd do 3 gallon pots Instead of one liter. great sip. No lines. Can turn totes to access plants...

66048d4c-43a7-4781-807e-6f61200d3bd3-jpeg.1179334 (1489×2000)

Wooah, that shit looks crazy! Are those fabric pots in a clear tote? In my theoretical and practical experience, I would say that is a huge "no no". As extremely high humidity and low oxygen input will promote anaerobic conditions very fast and cause mayhem.
_

Im not saying it isn't possible.. But I'm 99% sure that isn't possible. Autos aren't effected by light schedule... Switching a flowering photoperiod plant from 12/12 back to 18/6 is what tells/triggers the photo period plant to stop flower production and go back to a veg state. If autos aren't effected by the light schedule, then what will trigger an auto to stop flower production and switch back to veg?
I'm in 100% agreement.
Having said that.
How COULD we freeze time, is the next question.
Anything we would do, only leads to stressing the plant, without stopping grow/time.
Perhaps the true question should be, can we slow down time?
@pop22 , thought I'd get your opinion on this subject as well. I have a shitload of Rudy seeds to play and test with as well.

Last edited:
Wooah, that shit looks crazy! Are those fabric pots in a clear tote? In my theoretical and practical experience, I would say that is a huge "no no". As extremely high humidity and low oxygen input will promote anaerobic conditions very fast and cause mayhem.
_
Apparently he does it with success

_
Those are getting along fine. It's a hempy or sip setup. crazy. Plants look thrilled

I'm in 100% agreement.
Having said that.
How COULD we freeze time, is the next question.
Anything we would do, only leads to stressing the plant, without stopping grow/time

Protocol would be terribly simple. I was just thinking of this last night.

Yes, there have been documented cases of autos kicking into reveg for some apparent reason, stress or whatever. We all do 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 … heck, I even tried the Gas Lantern Routine in my sig for shits and giggles, which isn't that silly because I showed a known photoperiod light saving technique can be used to harvest fully mature autos, at a considerably longer time while saving considerable costs

This can become handy, for example, cloning. Why not use the GLR light schedule to clone, and give the girl more night time to sort her hormones out?

To test if revegging could be a thing, my proposed protocol would be

1 - pop a seed as usual
2 - give it 24/0 until in sexes
3 - wait until a good nice flower
4 - reduce lights on 1h, light's off 23 hours.
5 - Do your best to keep her happy
6 - Analyse results.

Reasoning is, we all consider auto's to be little ticking flowering time-bombs. But we are all assuming this based on photoperiod parameters. What if an extreme reduction of daylight hours can actually trigger an auto to reverse? A photo strain would simply stunt and die off, but what about an auto? They're essentially light agnostic, but that doesn't mean they are light insensitive.

This could eventually permit you to reach near end of flower and select the strongest strain to reverse it for seeds.

This is what I have in mind. Only one of two outcomes possible.
_

Last edited:
Protocol would be terribly simple. I was just thinking of this last night.

Yes, there have been documented cases of autos kicking into reveg for some apparent reason, stress or whatever. We all do 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 … heck, I even tried the Gas Lantern Routine in my sig for shits and giggles, which isn't that silly because I showed a known photoperiod light saving technique can be used to harvest fully mature autos, at a considerably longer time.

This can become handy, for example, cloning. Why not use the GLR light schedule to clone, and give the girl more night time to sort her hormones out?

To test if revegging could be a thing, my proposed protocol would be

1 - pop a seed as usual
2 - give it 24/0 until in sexes
3 - wait until a good nice flower
4 - reduce lights on 1h, light's off 23 hours.
5 - Do your best to keep her happy
6 - Analyse results.

Reasoning is, we all consider auto's to be little ticking flowering time-bombs. But we are all assuming this based on photoperiod parameters. What if an extreme reduction of daylight hours can actually trigger an auto to reverse? A photo strain would simply stunt and die off, but what about an auto? They're essentially light agnostic, but that doesn't mean they are light insensitive.

This could eventually permit you to reach near end of flower and select the strongest strain to reverse it for seeds.

This is what I have in mind. Only two outcomes possible.
_
Really like your argument s Groff.
I grow regs, and male to female pollenating time isn't always perfect between my best male & my best female.
( writing from my cell phone).
This is an excellent conversation to be had on my laptop. :thumbsup:

1 of my first clones was a critical+ that lost a branch a frw weeks into flower. I rooted it just for the fuck of it as i had done w photo buds before. It didn't full on reveg like a photo but it did start throwing single blade leaves and vegged up to 6 inches or so then flowered i to 1 solid bud about 8 grams dry.

Back