Cloning Autoflowers

@FTF_damien50 has studied a bit up on it I know; sounds like it's an extremely STERILE process.

Indeed. I'm a shroomer myself, so know the protocols pretty well!
Having said that, I know what tissue culture is all about, just never sat down to study and get into it.
Better late than never I guess!

_

Last edited:
@FTF_damien50 has studied a bit up on it I know; sounds like it's an extremely STERILE process.

I still plan on doing it I just don't have the room lol. Laminar flow hoods are expensive.

I don't know as far as autos are concerned but there could be the possibility that manipulation of the different hormones could delay or pause them long enough to get many clones from. Not really sure though.

well here are some of my candidates. I'll top them soon and use the tops for the first set of clones.

multi-grow pic1 -4-12-2020.jpg

I still plan on doing it I just don't have the room lol. Laminar flow hoods are expensive.

I don't know as far as autos are concerned but there could be the possibility that manipulation of the different hormones could delay or pause them long enough to get many clones from. Not really sure though.

You dont really need a laminar hood. I've grown shrooms on several occasions, and used a glove box instead of a laminar flow for all things like inoculating liquid culture, making spore prints and making syringes, inoculating spawn, spawn transfer, etc … to my surprise with great success! Guess being OCD about understanding lab grade sterile conditions helps

The only thing I've never done was isolate a strain, which is what I'll be doing soon.

Of course, I would prefer to have a laminar flow, but as you state they are expensive. I'll give tissue culture a shot soon, no doubt
_

Alright, gotta dunk this in a bucket of bleach and scrub it down

upIpE8g.jpg

I'm thinking… ultrasonic vaporizer instead of airstones. Done it before and works great. The future of DWC imho

Lots of candidates right now...

2dr1xHp.jpg

You dont really need a laminar hood. I've grown shrooms on several occasions, and used a glove box instead of a laminar flow for all things like inoculating liquid culture, making spore prints and making syringes, inoculating spawn, spawn transfer, etc … to my surprise with great success! Guess being OCD about understanding lab grade sterile conditions helps

The only thing I've never done was isolate a strain, which is what I'll be doing soon.

Of course, I would prefer to have a laminar flow, but as you state they are expensive. I'll give tissue culture a shot soon, no doubt
_

I've considered a glove box before but just not quite equipped to start anything yet.

Im sure it will be worth the initial investment compared to how much I spend on my veg tent but it's a hobbyist/small scale dream at this point.

Really excited to see the follow-up here once these root! I don't think cloning fits into my current setup at all, but really dialing this in could give us a much better understanding of what triggers flowering and the related processes.

A handful of Years back I pioneered a technique for cloning autos just for fun and then took advantage of the breeding and selection options it opens up.
Ive also used it to test different soil blends for autos and stress testing new crosses. i should be cloning a handful of strains and crossing them into my genetics archives in the near future.

Back