Cloning Autoflowers

My take on cloning auto flowers: If its for more flowers then the earlier you take the cuttings and the longer the plants flowering/growing cycle the better. Here are the 2 clones cut Feb 02 from a Creme de la Chem at day 23. Was showing plenty of pistils at this point. Just put them in tap water and set on a window ledge. Took 2 full weeks or a little more to get roots. Planted in coco/perlite in solo cups. The clones were harvested April 5th and produced close to 1/2 oz dry. This was worth it to me for the little effort needed.

Guess I didn't take pictures of the roots but I posted my earliest pics right after planting in solo cups.

I have never had problems rooting the cuttings whether from photoperiod or autoflowering strains.

Attachments

• 20200401_200145_resized.jpg
    20200401_200145_resized.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 526
  • 20200401_200155_resized.jpg
    20200401_200155_resized.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 20200406_140325_resized.jpg
    20200406_140325_resized.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 477
  • 20200221_204518.jpg
    20200221_204518.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
I know I showed the process in one of my old journals.. I'll look through em

True auto flowering genetics are best left to their natural growth cycles. A clone is the age of the mother. It's certainly impractical for clone sales. By the time it's rooted, it's in flowering.

You end up with a very small plant and minimal yields. As well an auto flowering plant should never be topped. If you want more cannabis, plant another seed. Think of cannabis plants as the house in cards. The house almost always wins.
You may get a hand every now and then, but in the end you lose. Improve your environment for the highest quality possible. You will find that the quantity follows.

If you're using a small tent and low wattage lights. You are your own worst enemy. Genetics can't overcome a poor environment. If you want to grow the rest of your life? Get a residence that suites growing. Then clones are immaterial. Focus on the environment first. Everything else will fall into place.
Peace farmerlion

True auto flowering genetics are best left to their natural growth cycles. A clone is the age of the mother. It's certainly impractical for clone sales. By the time it's rooted, it's in flowering.

You end up with a very small plant and minimal yields. As well an auto flowering plant should never be topped. If you want more cannabis, plant another seed. Think of cannabis plants as the house in cards. The house almost always wins.
You may get a hand every now and then, but in the end you lose. Improve your environment for the highest quality possible. You will find that the quantity follows.

If you're using a small tent and low wattage lights. You are your own worst enemy. Genetics can't overcome a poor environment. If you want to grow the rest of your life? Get a residence that suites growing. Then clones are immaterial. Focus on the environment first. Everything else will fall into place.
Peace farmerlion
Lol.. This is the Autoflower Network.. Where we have already debunked every point stated above. We top, we clone, we lst, we supercrop, and do anything else they say that can't and shouldnt be done with autos. The line of thinking you are following is outdated. I've grown a 5 oz plant in a 2x2 tent with a single 50w autocob.. So have many others here.. So that small tent, low wattage thinking is also outdated.

I have a couple of young autos going now... I'll start a journal and do a cloning tutorial in it. I have too many old threads to go through to be able to find pics.

Ok folks, let the rediculous begin! :hump:
(Day 1, April 11)

I've pulled 4 males of 8 plants from the tent this aft.
They got replaced with 4 females from a second grow 2 weeks behind these.

So for everybodys entertainment.
I've attached some pictures of todays efforts with some explanations.

4 male Dr.Feelgood which are 4 weeks old.
pic1.jpg

Cuttings were taken at the top (left glass),..middle of the plants (center glass), and lowest branches at node1 (right glass).
pic2.jpg

This is my DIY aqua cloner, its a 30liter pail from Walmart ($10), air pump and water pump, air stones & hose (PetSmart $45)
pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Holes were cut out with a door handle drill bit. The baskets(50) and inserts(30) were bought on Amazon ($10)
pic6.jpg

A 1-7/8" hole is best for these baskets, the small end is 1-3/4,..with a 2" lip, all baskets need to be in place to avoid evaporation.
pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Only Clonex is being used in this experiment (so anybody else trying this can expect the same results).
The pail holds 28 liters, Clonex call for 5-10 ml / liter, so I mixed in 140ml.
Cuttings were scraped at the first 1/2 inch, then dipped in the Clonex gel.
pic9.jpg

PH was set to 5.8
pic10.jpg

18 clones should come out of this experiment. 6 from the 1st node (set of 6 on the right side of the cloner),...6 from the middle of the 4 plants
(which are the 6 in the middle of the cloner) ,...and 6 from the top branches (set of 6 on the left side).

pic11.jpg

Ok folks, let the rediculous begin! :hump:
(Day 1, April 11)

I've pulled 4 males of 8 plants from the tent this aft.
They got replaced with 4 females from a second grow 2 weeks behind these.

So for everybodys entertainment.
I've attached some pictures of todays efforts with some explanations.

4 male Dr.Feelgood which are 4 weeks old.
View attachment 1177784

Cuttings were taken at the top (left glass),..middle of the plants (center glass), and lowest branches at node1 (right glass).
View attachment 1177785

This is my DIY aqua cloner, its a 30liter pail from Walmart ($10), air pump and water pump, air stones & hose (PetSmart $45)
View attachment 1177786

View attachment 1177787

View attachment 1177788

Holes were cut out with a door handle drill bit. The baskets(50) and inserts(30) were bought on Amazon ($10)
View attachment 1177789

A 1-7/8" hole is best for these baskets, the small end is 1-3/4,..with a 2" lip, all baskets need to be in place to avoid evaporation.
View attachment 1177790

View attachment 1177791

Only Clonex is being used in this experiment (so anybody else trying this can expect the same results).
The pail holds 28 liters, Clonex call for 5-10 ml / liter, so I mixed in 140ml.
Cuttings were scraped at the first 1/2 inch, then dipped in the Clonex gel.
View attachment 1177792
PH was set to 5.8
View attachment 1177794

18 clones should come out of this experiment. 6 from the 1st node (set of 6 on the right side of the cloner),...6 from the middle of the 4 plants
(which are the 6 in the middle of the cloner) ,...and 6 from the top branches (set of 6 on the left side).

View attachment 1177795

Funny, this is the one thing I've never made a serious effort at. Maybe I'll play around with this I've got nothing but time to spare lol!

I do know without a doubt that topping, fimming, scrogging all work well. some strains take to it better that others, but photo periods are that way also. Took me 2 years to get better than 30% success cloning ducksfoot..... she's a bitch to clone! 2+ weeks under a humidity dome with the humidity kept as high as you can get it, then as soon as you see new growth, ween them off the humidity.

@Proph i'm looking forward to your thread!

Funny, this is the one thing I've never made a serious effort at. Maybe I'll play around with this I've got nothing but time to spare lol!

I do know without a doubt that topping, fimming, scrogging all work well. some strains take to it better that others, but photo periods are that way also. Took me 2 years to get better than 30% success cloning ducksfoot..... she's a bitch to clone! 2+ weeks under a humidity dome with the humidity kept as high as you can get it, then as soon as you see new growth, ween them off the humidity.

@Proph i'm looking forward to your thread!

Do it up! You're the original AFN myth buster (in fact, we created this subforum because of you if you remember lol.)

Back