New Grower Chefs first Journal - Gelato Auto

Update #4
Well here we are at two weeks. This Gelato auto is looking super good still. I’m happy to see how vigorous she is. I’ve started a couple of running mates to grow with her, more news on that later. Still uneventful around here though. Hopefully she’ll veg for another 20 days or so.

Fine looking run. Tad late to proceedings but I'll get comfy here :pop:
Welcome! The more the merrier ! things are just starting to get good so I would say you’ve made it at the right time. :d5:

Reactions: Bill.de.Cat

LoveDaAutos

Your first auto and your first grow journal on AFN Great Job!
Update #5
Here’s a photo I took yesterday, on day 17 post sprout. She’s starting to get some solid side branches going. I gave her a gentle bend just to open up some light penetration.

She’s gonna have a couple of tent mates as well. I was reluctant to say anything cause I had just set them to germinate, but they’ve got some life in em. I’ll be adding a Thai auto and a Forgotten Cookies auto to the mix.

FC top, Thai bottom

Update #6
Whats up auto folks!

Today is day 21 for the Gelato from fast buds. I decided last night to tie her top to the side of her pot. She’s recovered very well overnight. I did it to open up her side branches to better light. Hopefully we get quite a few nice colas. Yesterday was the first time I fully soaked this plant to run off. She’s big enough now for me to start pushing the dry/wet cycle.

The second photo is to get an idea of how tall she is.

The Thai auto is in her final pot and trying to get on her feet. Her stem looks very strong and thick, I have high hopes for this girl.

The forgotten cookies that i sprouted was totally dried up when I came home from work one day. I stuck it in Promix to see if it would still grow but it’s a goner.

i was gonna pop something else, but the way this gelato is shaping up, if the Thai goes the same way I’ll be in real trouble with space as it is.. so I’d rather not throw another plant into that mess. I’m happy with the gelato though, it’s already the biggest auto I’ve grown and it’s still vegging.

:hippy:

Update #7
Hey there Auto folks!

Lets take a look at my Gelato today, day 28. She's doing very good. Initially I had planned to grow here all the way through to harvest in the same 3 gallon pot you all have seen her in during this time. A couple of days ago, I noticed some yellowing on her bottom most fan leaves. I thought that was odd cause she's had the typical barely yellow tips that show everything is fine. I figured it had to be from not enough root space, so I transplanted her to a 6 gallon square fabric pot. I think she's going to be much happier (and bigger) there.

You can see on that second photo the yellow leaf tip poking through. There's no way she's hungry, she's being fed the equivalent of ~4.5g of megacrop per gallon. That photo is from yesterday, day 27.

Went and took some photos just now, day 28, and I noticed some preflowers! Seems like they're just starting. That's great news, This plant is probably going to be quite sizeable. All i've done for training is to tie her top to the side of the pot.

She's gettin big!

The other auto is coming along. She had some weird variegation to start out, but she seems like she's growing out of it.

Let's take a peek into the 4x4 where I'm growing photos.... Just for fun.

Today is the start of week 9. This was a big time seed run for me, so dont be surprised if you see seeds galore.

Grandpa Punch

Killer A5 Haze

Garlic Sherbert

Cookies n Chem

Xanadu

Seeds and frost! can't get much better...

Thanks for stoppin' in!
:smokeit:

Back