New Grower Chefs first Journal - Gelato Auto

ChefGreen

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello AFN!

Im here to bring you all the very first installment of my adventure into autoflowers. I’ll borrow this formatting to make it easier on myself to convey how I grow:

What strain is it?
Gelato Auto from Fastbuds

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 55% sativa / 45% indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just popped yesteday

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
21”x21”x80”

Soil or Hydro?
Promix + perlite

size pot?
3 gallon fabric

Size of light?
240w cob panel

Is it aircooled?
Yeah it’s got moving fans

Temp of Room/cab?
75-82

RH of Room/cab?
45-60

Type of ferts used?
I’ll be using Megacrop, calmag with iron, and dynagro pro-tekt

Im hoping this will be my best auto run of my time growing. I’ve grown a few decent autos but nothing to write home about and extremely meager yields.

Here’s the only shot I’ve got so far, just a little baby popping it’s head out.

:smoker1: More to come

Hello AFN!

Im here to bring you all the very first installment of my adventure into autoflowers. I’ll borrow this formatting to make it easier on myself to convey how I grow:

What strain is it?
Gelato Auto from Fastbuds

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 55% sativa / 45% indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just popped yesteday

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
21”x21”x80”

Soil or Hydro?
Promix + perlite

size pot?
3 gallon fabric

Size of light?
240w cob panel

Is it aircooled?
Yeah it’s got moving fans

Temp of Room/cab?
75-82

RH of Room/cab?
45-60

Type of ferts used?
I’ll be using Megacrop, calmag with iron, and dynagro pro-tekt

Im hoping this will be my best auto run of my time growing. I’ve grown a few decent autos but nothing to write home about and extremely meager yields.

Here’s the only shot I’ve got so far, just a little baby popping it’s head out.

:smoker1: More to come
Didn't note your water source or I missed it. Might want to rethink the cal-mag after doing some reading on it. MoG has done a lot of research and testing. Mainly most nutrient suppliers have cal and mag in their mix.
MC is great stuff so far and it's all I used this except for a top dress of Dr Earth bud n bloom at start of flower 2 weeks ago.

:welcome:Chef!!! Goodluck with your grow :vibes:

Didn't note your water source or I missed it. Might want to rethink the cal-mag after doing some reading on it. MoG has done a lot of research and testing. Mainly most nutrient suppliers have cal and mag in their mix.
MC is great stuff so far and it's all I used this except for a top dress of Dr Earth bud n bloom at start of flower 2 weeks ago.
You beat me to the punch. Wanted to give warning as well about the cal/mag. If @ChefGreen is using the two part mix from MC then the cal/mag isn't necessary. Just make sure if your mix is based on coco (don't know promix) you water until 20% run-off :toke:

Best of luck. I’ll grab a seat :pass:

:welcome:Chef!!! Goodluck with your grow :vibes:

You beat me to the punch. Wanted to give warning as well about the cal/mag. If @ChefGreen is using the two part mix from MC then the cal/mag isn't necessary. Just make sure if your mix is based on coco (don't know promix) you water until 20% run-off :toke:

Tap water from my local municipality. I’m using Mc version 2. Brown powder with larger white balls. It’s a one part powder. The reason I use cal mag is so that I can off set the change in K from the protekt. As I’m sure you guys know that Si supplementation is very important.

Best of luck. I’ll grab a seat :pass:
Welcome Frank!

As I’m sure you guys know that Si supplementation is very important.
The importance of Silica is one open for debate. Never the less I do use it because there's evidence enough out there that it doesn't do harm, but it isn't a necessary substance for plants to grow...

The last plant I ran using this method filled in better than any of the other cuts or seed plant grown with just MC. The fact of the matter is with all 3 products you can get even closer to ideal ratios

Sounds to me @ChefGreen that you've done your homework and understand the scientific benefits and use of the Pro-tekt Silica. And indeed the silica will increase the amount of potassium at the root zone. The use of the appropriate amount of cal mag will balance things out giving your plants a very beneficial bump in silica that strengthens the plants stems, increases natural resistance to pests, fungal infections and makes the plant stronger to hold up the weight of the monster buds you'll be growing. I vote for using the Pro-tekt and cal mag when used together correctly.

Back